Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Crossbow, where have you been all my life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a bitter feeling when you walk by your persuer in multiplayer, laughing that he missed you, only to fall to the ground in a poisoned haze. It's a great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New TV show starting in January called The Borgia's about the Vatican, Cesare and Lucrezia Borgia. Looks like Brotherhood and if they add an assassins to the plot, would be even better! Def gonna watch it anyway!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69260325&posted=1#post69260325

• Registered Users Posts: 7 macfhlannacha

Anyone have any trouble connecting to the Ubisoft servers for online play? It looks like its loading up and then it goes back to the main page after telling me theres a problem connecting to server and that i should try again later. I've been trying since it came out and still no go.
    I have played other games online and am able to play black ops online so don't think it's my PS3.
    Anyone have this problem or know what to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Guys can some one explain to me how the cypher thing with the code wheel works when you do the glyph puzzles :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Anyone have any trouble connecting to the Ubisoft servers for online play?
    Anyone have this problem or know what to do?

The servers are up and down at random times, dude. There's some pretty bad issues with the multiplayer at the moment. When I'm in a group and when we try to join a game, a lot of the time one of us gets left behind. And that's when the servers are up, so it's never really ever working properly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Parachutes, WTF?

I keep randomly losing my parachutes. I have never yet used one. I was doing a "get all the feathers and flags" run yesterday and got to the Top of the Castel Sant'Angelo thinking "ah yes, there's an achievement for parachuting off this and there's Thieves Guild task for gliding for several hundred metres" and only as I reach the top do I realise my 15 parachutes have disappeared again.

Has this disappearing chutes thing happened to anyone else? Is it something you need to press a button to make go or something that happens passively or wtf? It's really annoying me.

Aside from that, I've finished the main story line. Hate that it sorta rail-roaded me into it without giving me the opportunity to finish the last Lair of Romulus
    (cause that Armour & Dagger of Brutus is excellent and I tend to favour using the knife anyway)
    - yes yes, I know, I should've done it first anyway, but I was quite annoyed with one of them having taken a fall and lost a health square and missing out on 100% sync and so was turned off the idea of doing any more.

Next on my to-do list is wrap up any remaining flags and get all the glyphs. The Glyph puzzles annoy me, so I left them till after I was done with the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, I think the parachutes thing has happened to me a few times. Can't see what causes it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The repressed Cristina memories are a nice, if depressing, bit of character development. There wasn't exactly any reason to add them in, but I'm glad they're there.

Also, who else lol'd at:
    "Ey, wassa-matta-you Altair?"
    "That's racist."
    "YOU'RE racist!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Finally got my Codex Edition after emailing and ringing play, giving them a grand auld bollocking.

Problem one: Brother won't stop playing Tekken.
    Problem two: Annotated Bibliography due at 12 tomorrow.

The codex edition itself is lovely. The box feels a little plasticy but is quite nice. The codex is well put together and is a great centre-piece. Lineage and extras DVDs have yet to be viewed....the Game soundtrack is on repeat as I type, excellent score. Some nice card prints of Ezio and some guy in Egypt.

Online I get two multiplayer skins in Harlequin and Captain, plus a special set of armour in the single player.

The best thing about it was 30 mins after opening it, a realised it didn't have the actual game in it!!!!!.......until i opened the secret compartment at the bottom!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Could someone else who completed it prehaps explain the ending to me, via PM or whatever. I personally am confused O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

marko93 wrote: »
    Could someone else who completed it prehaps explain the ending to me, via PM or whatever. I personally am confused O_O
    Who ever does. Send the PM my way too. Wanna see what people thought about it.

plumber trophy glitched on me cant unlock it, have 82% of trophies an all. absolutely sickened!!
    ending = WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

sheehy83 wrote: »
    plumber trophy glitched on me cant unlock it, have 82% of trophies an all. absolutely sickened!!
    ending = WTF!

Yeah I didn't get the sequence 7 or one of the Romulus Lair trophies unlocked either :(

marko93 wrote: »
    Who ever does. Send the PM my way too. Wanna see what people thought about it.

PMs sent. Hope it helps. Just wish I could play that final level again anyway. Can only replay Ezios memories.

Yea, that final mission was grand, the ending wasn't that much of a head-funk for me though. I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't shocked by it.

Kharn wrote: »
    Yea, that final mission was grand, the ending wasn't that much of a head-funk for me though. I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't shocked by it.

Same, decent ending and leaves some good questions for the next game. hope they release the setting for AC3 soon-ish. I know there's concept Art with a Pyramid in the backgroud already, Egypt would be pretty cool.

Well I take it the next Ass Creed will have you playing as a
    girl woman
    ??
    "You must find her"

Tried joing confurioso (boardsie) last night in a wanted game and just wouldn't connect, it said there were slots free but no luck. Took ages to connect to a regular game as well!

Also, I unlokced Altairs sword but can't find it. Says its in the hideout??

Your spoiler stuff may be right there sheehy - I thought
    "You must find her" might mean that you have to prove yourself worth of the ancient's knowledge and be able to resurrect her or something like that?

However, if you are playing as a lady in the next one, you could still be Desmond in the Animus.

I haven't got Altair's sword yet, but if it's in the hideout, is it on on the weapons racks or has it glitched again on you? :( Failing that, maybe you pick it up at a Blacksmiths?

Kharn wrote: »
    Your spoiler stuff may be right there sheehy - I thought
    "You must find her" might mean that you have to prove yourself worth of the ancient's knowledge and be able to resurrect her or something like that?

However, if you are playing as a lady in the next one, you could still be Desmond in the Animus.

I haven't got Altair's sword yet, but if it's in the hideout, is it on on the weapons racks or has it glitched again on you? :( Failing that, maybe you pick it up at a Blacksmiths?

Ya, would be a nice change playing as a lady, courtesan is a popular character online. Just beaming that next game is coming in 2011, can't wait!

I checked the weapon racks and its not with the other swords and blacksmiths aren't selling it. Not pushed really but glitches are annoying. Like, I really want to get the platinum on this. I wonder if i start a new game and just leg it to that romulus lair as asap, would it unlock or still glitch?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Same, decent ending and leaves some good questions for the next game. hope they release the setting for AC3 soon-ish. I know there's concept Art with a Pyramid in the backgroud already, Egypt would be pretty cool.

The extra art is lovely. A new game based around that Egyptian one or this recent one would be very interesting indeed.

Sarky wrote: »
    The extra art is lovely. A new game based around that Egyptian one or this recent one would be very interesting indeed.

That looks awesome.

Red Dead Creed - I love it!

Jsut thinking though I don't think it would be possible to do an Egyptian one. If they're looknig for pieces of Eden they'll have to move forward in the timeline from the Renaissance. Unless they're going after a super powerful piece of eden that was lost back in Ancient Egypt. But then, there wouldn't have been Templars in Ancient Egypt. It's a thinker.

Makes sense thet you'll have to play as a woman too after the ending to Brotherhood, Desmond could easily enter the Animus to relive a birds memories, don't think it's a same sex only thing.

That looks awesome.

Red Dead Creed - I love it!

Jsut thinking though I don't think it would be possible to do an Egyptian one. If they're looknig for pieces of Eden they'll have to move forward in the timeline from the Renaissance. Unless they're going after a super powerful piece of eden that was lost back in Ancient Egypt. But then, there wouldn't have been Templars in Ancient Egypt. It's a thinker.

Makes sense thet you'll have to play as a woman too after the ending to Brotherhood, Desmond could easily enter the Animus to relive a birds memories, don't think it's a same sex only thing.

I think it does. I don't think he can relive any of his ancestors memories, just certain ones. After all, Altair, Ezio and Desmond look very alike. Yet Ezios father didn't, even though he'd be considered an ancestor too.

As for when the next one takes place, I hope it's after the Renaissance but not too long after it. The further in the timeline you go, the more technology advances. Bringing it forward too much would remove the need for swords and daggers and itd be mostly guns. Having it within maybe 300 years of the Renaissance means you can have new gadgets, but technology hasn't advanced that it's all guns all the time.

Whereas having it before the Renaissance means they'll have to take out the guns and stuff.

It's a tough one. While that cowboy image is really cool, it would just be guns all over the place, and I think that would ruin a lot of it.

Not necessarily. Look at Hitman, a game set in the more-or-less-present day. There are gun fights, yes, but if they're all over the place then you're doing it wrong. It's mostly disguises, sneaking, picking your moment to strangle/necksnap/beat that guard's head in with a lump hammer. If done right (and Ubisoft seem to actually care about making AC better each time, so I'd have faith that they could), it would be freaking epic.

Mostly though I want to see the killing streak mechanic applied to a gun fight for some Equilibrium style action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just finished the main storyline last night. Crazy ending.

My theory is
    that someone else in the future is strapped into an animus and is reliving Desmond's memories. Over the credits you hear someone saying 'he's gone into shock' and to 'strap him back into the animus'. Maybe this is one of Desmond's descendents reliving his memories and in turn reliving the memories of Altair and Ezio through Desmond, kind of like an Inception dream within a dream.

As for the setting of the next game,
    I've seen in some places online that some people are talking about how the two symbols that Shaun was talking about before he was cut off, the Phrygian Cap and Masonic Eye, appear together on the Declaration of the Rights of Man, an important document which emerged out of the French Revolution. This has led some people to believe that the next game will take place in 18th Century France, during or around the Revolution, which I happen to think would be a particularly awesome setting.

I think you're all forgetting something -
    We have to go looking for ancient temples to help save the world, Egyptian Pyramids seem a likely place to have such a thing, as would the Aztec/Mayan ones in South America etc, etc Bet they even have one in the Céide Fields in Mayo, they're older than the Pyramids :p;) So I wouldn't be too surprised to see a different member of the modern day Assassins order in each location looking to activate the temple or find out it's secrets whilst Desmond is infiltrating Abstergo to find out what the Templars are up to.

There'll never be a need to remove daggers and throwing knives - they're stock in trade of an assassin as they're silent. The Hidden Blades are now an integral part of the Assassins Creed universe that I can't see them going away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

If it was set in Egypt, it wouldn't necessarily have to be set in ancient Egypt.

Would love to see a Japanese Assassin's Creed, ninja assassins.

Or something like French revolution or the communist revolutions of the 20th century. Something more unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id love to get 1 in paris around the time the eiffel tower was nearly complete. Now theres a viewpoint!
    Notre Dame would be awesome too and that basillica I can never remember the name of

Ya, Paris around the revolution would def be the best choice. I think Ubi said before they will never go to Japan with it. Rumours that it could be set in Rome as well.....mmmm weren't we just in Rome!!!

Waiting for an online game is a pain in the balls but by God, once you are in a game and can do quick rematches, it is very hard to put down! Love the multiplayer in this! Mad for a Boardsies private game!

• Advertisement

Lads, on the official forums, Ubi said they are aware of missing PS3 trophies. They cannot say if a patch will be released for it but they are looking into the issue.

A user said he thinks it only happens when you are playing online, go back to the main menu and load the single player game. If you are playing MP and want to play SP, quit out of the game altogether 1st. Not official but worth trying anyway to avoid.

Oh, read a class theory about the ending, obvious spoilers below.
    Minverva says "The Sun will destroy the world" but maybe she meant the Son, Desmond's son that Lucy is carrying!!! Thats why Minerva makes him stab her in the stomach, not the best kill area. I havn't unlocked all Truth videos yet, maybe they will clear it up.

Advertisement