Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Waiting for an online game is a pain in the balls but by God, once you are in a game and can do quick rematches, it is very hard to put down! Love the multiplayer in this! Mad for a Boardsies private game!

Sounds like a plan! It's so addictive, got my first '1st' in a Wanted game this morning, think I'm getting the knack of it!

Will we just name a time and day and go for it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds like a plan! It's so addictive, got my first '1st' in a Wanted game this morning, think I'm getting the knack of it!

Will we just name a time and day and go for it? :)

Aw yeaaaaaaaaa! what is the minimum amount of people you need for a private game? Even if we got 4, would be a laugh. W

You on PS3 funky? (sorry if i asked you before already :o)

Anyone else on PS3 up for a Boardsies Brotherhood night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Aw yeaaaaaaaaa! what is the minimum amount of people you need for a private game? Even if we got 4, would be a laugh. W

You on PS3 funky? (sorry if i asked you before already :o)

Anyone else on PS3 up for a Boardsies Brotherhood night?
    Sure. Just home from work. No better time to jump into the multiplayer for the first time.

Sure. Just home from work. No better time to jump into the multiplayer for the first time.

Ah i'm on the bloody night shift for next few nights so i'm a write-off this week. I'll be on Monday night tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lads, on the official forums, Ubi said they are aware of missing PS3 trophies. They cannot say if a patch will be released for it but they are looking into the issue.

A user said he thinks it only happens when you are playing online, go back to the main menu and load the single player game. If you are playing MP and want to play SP, quit out of the game altogether 1st. Not official but worth trying anyway to avoid.

Oh, read a class theory about the ending, obvious spoilers below.
    Minverva says "The Sun will destroy the world" but maybe she meant the Son, Desmond's son that Lucy is carrying!!! Thats why Minerva makes him stab her in the stomach, not the best kill area. I havn't unlocked all Truth videos yet, maybe they will clear it up.
    Wasn't Minerva. It was Juno, another of Those Who Came Before. I doubt the theory is true anyway though. Besides, they mentioned solar flares as being part of what would happen, and we have no indication that Lucy and Desmond slept together. Maybe if there had been something in emails between them to indicate it, but we didn't even see a kiss between them did we?

• Advertisement

Ah i'm on the bloody night shift for next few nights so i'm a write-off this week. I'll be on Monday night tho.
    Im off for the next two days so ill be around at some point to play onl,ine. Might dip into it tonight and see what it's like.

Wasn't Minerva. It was Juno, another of Those Who Came Before. I doubt the theory is true anyway though. Besides, they mentioned solar flares as being part of what would happen, and we have no indication that Lucy and Desmond slept together. Maybe if there had been something in emails between them to indicate it, but we didn't even see a kiss between them did we?
    Ah, I like to think Desmond snuck one in when Lucy was sleeping haha!

Anything at all could happen story wise, I was looking back on the Truth videos from Ass Creed 2 and someone said
    Minerva was the slave driver holding the apple (when Adam & Eve are scaling the building)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, I like to think Desmond snuck one in when Lucy was sleeping haha!
    Well, he would be able to climb in her window now :D:D
    Anything at all could happen story wise, I was looking back on the Truth videos from Ass Creed 2 and someone said
    Minerva was the slave driver holding the apple (when Adam & Eve are scaling the building)
    Yeah, it looks like her alright. There's a pretty clear image of it on the Assassin's Creed wikia.

Im off for the next two days so ill be around at some point to play onl,ine. Might dip into it tonight and see what it's like.

I'll add you, mine is ConFurioso.

Might be on it tonight. If not, we may organise something for Monday with Sheehy!

Im just after playing 3 games there online. First time playing it online. Maybe I'm just really good at it or I was playing against some brutal players but I placed 1st in ALL 3 games that I played. Up to level 6 now. Got 4 trophies while I was at it. Overachiever, Fast Learner, Job Skills and Sync Established.

Enjoyed it so far. I enjoyed the fact that you pretty much need to try and stay in disguise/low profile to reap the benefits. I liked the change of pace when your target starts running....do you run after him or wait it out and slowly follow him around. Or when you are being chased. Although the notification to let you know that you are being chased could do with a little bit of making it more obvious. Half the time I hadn't realised that a chase had been initiated.
    The losing of targets kinda confused me. It happen quite often for me.

Anyone feel free to add me on PSN. I can see myself playing this for a couple of weeks at least.
    PSN: briankearon666

• Advertisement

Ah Funky that was you I was trying to join yesterday, spent nearly 20 minutes trying to join your game with no joy. Might be easier to join friends on a private server!

Brian, Ya I tend to run only when my target is running round the place like a mad man. I get the kill but majority of times, my hunter has spotted me and kills me instantly after I get my kill.

I'm always in the top 3 of my games (Wanted mode anyway) and I always have a low number of kills, 5-8, but I mostly get low profile kills and bonuses like focus and discreet so on average i get 450 to 500 for a kill where the 'runners' leg it round racking up kills but only get 100 - 150 per kill. One guy today just kept running round shooting people even if he was right behind them, he got a load of kills but was like 3rd last cuz of poor kills.

Thats why I love the MP in this, you get rewarded for being skillful!

Class the amount of challenges there are as well. I've nearly turned the smoke bomb into an offensive stunning machine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Can I ask an incredibly stupid question? I finished ACII yesterday and got all the achievements/weapons/armor (Bought it secondhand, love the recession :/ ), if I buy ACIII, does Ezio end up with no weapons and basic armor again, or does it look at the save game file from II?

Can I ask an incredibly stupid question? I finished ACII yesterday and got all the achievements/weapons/armor (Bought it secondhand, love the recession :/ ), if I buy ACIII, does Ezio end up with no weapons and basic armor again, or does it look at the save game file from II?

Perfectly fine question :)

The game picks up exactly where you left off, equipment an all. It doesn't read your save file though, it gives you a default set of high end stuff. Although, it wouldn't be any fun to start a new game with all the best stuff so the game cleverly gets you back to basics in the 1st sequence.

Can I ask how much you got AC 2 for 2nd hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Seemed to be 20 Euro everywhere. Thanks for answering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can I ask how much you got AC 2 for 2nd hand?

Saw it going for €10 used in xtravision earlier

calex71 wrote: »
    Saw it going for €10 used in xtravision earlier

Thats a great price! No one has any excuse not to play the best game of last year for a tenner!

Ah Funky that was you I was trying to join yesterday, spent nearly 20 minutes trying to join your game with no joy. Might be easier to join friends on a private server!

Brian, Ya I tend to run only when my target is running round the place like a mad man. I get the kill but majority of times, my hunter has spotted me and kills me instantly after I get my kill.

I'm always in the top 3 of my games (Wanted mode anyway) and I always have a low number of kills, 5-8, but I mostly get low profile kills and bonuses like focus and discreet so on average i get 450 to 500 for a kill where the 'runners' leg it round racking up kills but only get 100 - 150 per kill. One guy today just kept running round shooting people even if he was right behind them, he got a load of kills but was like 3rd last cuz of poor kills.

That's why I love the MP in this, you get rewarded for being skillful!

Class the amount of challenges there are as well. I've nearly turned the smoke bomb into an offensive stunning machine!!

Yeah, was me! But the servers were acting up something fierce on me last night.

Completely agree with you on the points system. Played a game earlier today, kept getting killed by little feckers jumping round the place. About 5 mins in I got 3 silent kills in a row, immediately jumped to first (from zero points). It rewards your patience alright. What always gets me is when I'm in first, my pursuer levels sky-rocket, forcing me to change my tactics quite a bit, like a little more jogging and frequent use of crowds. Great fun though.

I think my favourite thing to do is stand in group of similar skins and watch a pursuer catch the wrong one! :pac:

EDIT: Yes it's 5 in the morning, and yes I'm up because I was playing it all night...../sleeps

Yeah, was me! But the servers were acting up something fierce on me last night.

Completely agree with you on the points system. Played a game earlier today, kept getting killed by little feckers jumping round the place. About 5 mins in I got 3 silent kills in a row, immediately jumped to first (from zero points). It rewards your patience alright. What always gets me is when I'm in first, my pursuer levels sky-rocket, forcing me to change my tactics quite a bit, like a little more jogging and frequent use of crowds. Great fun though.

I think my favourite thing to do is stand in group of similar skins and watch a pursuer catch the wrong one! :pac:

Ah I'm no good at using crowds, i always get caught out. I was following a courtesan today and when I turned a corner, there was a group of 4 courtesans. I pick the wrong one of course! Later, She was my target again and she was in the same group of women. This time i threw down a smoke bomb, ran into all of them, basically acting like a dope to make her move but I just got killed by my hunter. I get her a 3rd time and find her in the same group again. I say fuk this and just lash into the 1st one. FAIL! She was standing off to the right of the group that time.

As soon as the match finished, I switched to firecrackers. That shiit won't happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I won the Brotherhood comp in the Indo last week, which is a PS3 with limited edition Brotherhood, or it could be the limited edition PS3 Brotherhood bundle. Either way, it's wintown. Unfortunatley I bought a PS3 the day before I found out I won the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Anyone else noticed that
    all of "The Truth" code wheel puzzles can basically be solved with the number 13? Is there some significance with the number within the story that I've missed, or maybe something yet to come?

For example: If the key tells us that 1 = 8 and you need to find what 2 is equal to, the missing number/character will always be 13 numbers/characters away from 8 when you go to enter in the code.

I noticed this in one of the early clusters, but thought that it was just the solution to that puzzle, but then I got stuck on a later one and decided to give it a go, and it worked, and also the next, and then the next one again etc...

• Advertisement

I won the Brotherhood comp in the Indo last week, which is a PS3 with limited edition Brotherhood, or it could be the limited edition PS3 Brotherhood bundle. Either way, it's wintown. Unfortunatley I bought a PS3 the day before I found out I won the comp.

Thats class, well done man! Can't you bring back the PS3 you bought?

If your heading online for a game, add me, PSN is sheehy83

Guys, with the standard xbox version there was a code for a multiplayer
    character and a single player location called aqueducts , where are the aqueducts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Guys, with the standard xbox version there was a code for a multiplayer
    character and a single player location called aqueducts , where are the aqueducts :confused:

South east on the map, the dotted lines down there

Crosáidí wrote: »
    South east on the map, the dotted lines down there

Are you taking about the ones you have to pay the guy to fix up , that can't be it can it :confused:

Are you taking about the ones you have to pay the guy to fix up , that can't be it can it :confused:

No, I think the Aquaduct DLC level is you underground chasing Borgia soldiers to a treasure. It says I can unlock that and Hellaquin on the front of my PS3 standard edition. I unlocked Hellaquin with UPLAY but don't know where to get the Aquaduct dlc.

No, I think the Aquaduct DLC level is you underground chasing Borgia soldiers to a treasure. It says I can unlock that and Hellaquin on the front of my PS3 standard edition. I unlocked Hellaquin with UPLAY but don't know where to get the Aquaduct dlc.

Yes google turned that up for me , but was not so forthcoming with the goods on where is was :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thats class, well done man! Can't you bring back the PS3 you bought?

If your heading online for a game, add me, PSN is sheehy83

Yeah I sold it within hours of getting it. It was a 120gig, mine is 160. Haven't got the game yet but I'll add you when I do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Aquaducts thing - I got it from HMV (along with the Harlequin character). It was an "outside of Rome" type mission jumping around an Aquaduct system with some Borgia and some workers, as well as a German Templar captain of some sort who kept sneaking into cover if you tried to shoot him :) It was located, I think, south of the Barracks and had it's own special icon on the map - I believe it was the same icon as the Templar Missions that AC2 had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What do you guys reckon the story will be in AC3, will it be in modern times, I was kinda hoping it would be set during the French Revolution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get this is now?

Advertisement