Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think French Revolution would make a great setting, it's not so technologically advanced that swords won't still be common-place and there is some beautiful architecture to be running around. Civil War America could also work, but it'd be less pretty and I don't know do Ubisoft want to be really pushing one side or the other as Templars in the US ;)

Either all that or a different modern day assassin in a different modern location looking for ancient secrets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yeah I'd imagine we're looking at late 1700s for the next one! Robespierre would be an awesome Templar. Napoleon etc.....lots of history to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

French Revolution would be an awesome setting, especially if one of the missions involved storming the bastille!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi all. Not much of a gamer myself, but rented this from screenclick and must say it gets 10/10 . Are the previous ones as good as this one? Thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Hi all. Not much of a gamer myself, but rented this from screenclick and must say it gets 10/10 . Are the previous ones as good as this one? Thanks;)

The second one is amazing, the first one not so much.

• Advertisement

Aye, the second is class. The first gets a bad rap (justly) for its repetitive game play, but at its time, the graphics and feeling of free running around the middle east was unparalleled.

I'd definitely recommend the second, but only get the first from a loan from a mate, or a tenner or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

In the process of scraping together the last of the achievements/trophies. Having a bit of a pickle with the Borgia Flags.
    I'm after getting 90 out of the 101. I think. But there are none left on the map to get. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten all the flags from each district. Even the Vatican ones. I might have missed a few in the secret locations.
    Is there an easy way to check for them? Is there list in the menus somewhere?

There are Borgia flags in the Lairs of Romulus so you may not have got them all there.

Kharn wrote: »
    There are Borgia flags in the Lairs of Romulus so you may not have got them all there.
    Yeah. I kinda figured that I had missed some there. Is there any way to check which ones I'm missing? I presume not. Means I'm gonna have to slog through them again. Doesn't it?

Also. I never got the Artifacts that are scattered throughout 2012. And now I cant
    leave the animus
    since I finished the game.

Is the best way to get it by starting a new game, and leaving the animus asap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In the process of scraping together the last of the achievements/trophies. Having a bit of a pickle with the Borgia Flags.
    I'm after getting 90 out of the 101. I think. But there are none left on the map to get. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten all the flags from each district. Even the Vatican ones. I might have missed a few in the secret locations.
    Is there an easy way to check for them? Is there list in the menus somewhere?

There sure is , press start and then choose dna scroll to the right. 83 of them are out right in rome. the rest are in
    the Romulus layers
    it will even tell you how many you have from each of the 6 layers. they can be replayed from the memories if you missed them .

I don't think the artifacts you mention actually count for anything or give you anything , you only need 1 for an achievement. But if you finished then yes you will have to do a new save to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finished it last night. I am no closer to understanding what the hell is going on. That said it was a very pleasant mindf*ck, as mindf*cks go. Very strange, and damned interesting.

I doubt Assassin's Creed 3 will be out any time soon, Ubisoft are probably having far too much fun making money out of Ezio and associated spinoffs. I want some closure, damn it.

Sarky wrote: »
    Finished it last night. I am no closer to understanding what the hell is going on. That said it was a very pleasant mindf*ck, as mindf*cks go. Very strange, and damned interesting.

I doubt Assassin's Creed 3 will be out any time soon, Ubisoft are probably having far too much fun making money out of Ezio and associated spinoffs. I want some closure, damn it.

Watch this vid, actually, just listen to it. No need to watch it. He basically just talks over the credits and explains most of what went on. Not sure where I saw it posted first, might have been here, but it's actually pretty good at explaining things and the bloke makes some nice guess as to where it's gonna go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the music in the start of that ending video, anytime it plays in the game, I just find myself free running to noweher to just to listen to it and relax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

He's a pain to listen to. I'd prefer staying confused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long would you get out of the main story?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How long would you get out of the main story?

Probably at least 10 hours, but thats if you're rushing through it like a mad thing. When you take into account all the side missions, exploration and time spent improving your brotherhood so as to make later missions easier, I'd say you're looking at a minimum of 16 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I held off on getting this as long as I could, have a whole stack of unplayed, and half-played games, but after listening to people talking about it on various podcasts, I caved in and bought it today. So glad I did, it's excellent. All those other games will be sitting unplayed for a while I'd say!

Just 2 more single player trophies to get, 10 kill streak and borgia flags (62 found), oh and the glitched Plumber trophy but I can get that no prob on my next play through. After I get blags and killstreak, onto multiplayer to get 4 remaining trophies there. Will be nice just to lash into MP for a while!

Loved the Truth puzzles, some tough ones near the end and some random clicking i must admit but was class
    meeting with Subject 16. WTF does 'meet me in the darkness mean!!??

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just 2 more single player trophies to get, 10 kill streak and borgia flags (62 found), oh and the glitched Plumber trophy but I can get that no prob on my next play through. After I get blags and killstreak, onto multiplayer to get 4 remaining trophies there. Will be nice just to lash into MP for a while!

Loved the Truth puzzles, some tough ones near the end and some random clicking i must admit but was class
    meeting with Subject 16. WTF does 'meet me in the darkness mean!!??
    In pretty much the exact same situation as you. Except for the glitched trophy. Have 4 flags to remove from the Romulus lairs/secret locations. Then I have to start a new game to get one of the artifacts in 2012. Then all I have is 6 trophies from mutliplayer and ill be there. I can smell the platinum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In pretty much the exact same situation as you. Except for the glitched trophy. Have 4 flags to remove from the Romulus lairs/secret locations. Then I have to start a new game to get one of the artifacts in 2012. Then all I have is 6 trophies from mutliplayer and ill be there. I can smell the platinum.

Getting to level 50 will be a slog without boosting. I have a feeling good and all as it is MP will grow old long before I get to 50. And the one for performing the actions in a session would be hell unless done in "a controlled" environment :(

• Advertisement

Especially since getting a game started on MP is hard slogging.

Def agree with MP statements above. You need to spend hours at a time playing MP cuz it takes so long to get into a game but once you're in, you're sorted! Getting to 50 will be tough and i'm hoping the rest of the trophies come natural. Except I only play wanted, don't like the team games but will have to start playing em for the trophies

Was looking up there a trophy guides for this. All I looked up said you have to boost for the co-op MP trophies.

You need 4 people in a private match and gives full instructions. I never 'boosted' for trophies before but I really want the platinum for this.

If I got these out of the way, I could just relax and enjoy levelling up to 50

Would 3 other people here be interested in this?

Was looking up there a trophy guides for this. All I looked up said you have to boost for the co-op MP trophies.

You need 4 people in a private match and gives full instructions. I never 'boosted' for trophies before but I really want the platinum for this.

If I got these out of the way, I could just relax and enjoy levelling up to 50

Would 3 other people here be interested in this?
    Count me in for that Sheehy. WAnna get the platinum for it too. Got a link for those instructions?

Count me in for that Sheehy. WAnna get the platinum for it too. Got a link for those instructions?

Good man, just 2 more people. Here's the link, just scroll down a bit. That site has instructions for all the tricky mp trophies. I could only find xbox controls but surely we can figure them out.

http://tutorial.downloadatoz.com/how-to-get-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-role-model-achievement.html

You should make a manhunt private match of 4-player in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that player A and B are pursuers and players C and D are the targets. Round one

Step 1: Once the round started, all players meet at one point.
    Step 2: Player A press the LT key to lock C and player B kills C with the X key. Players A and B switch turns and repeat this step.
    Step 3: Player B walks away from player A. Player A pursues player D in high profile so that an escape sequence begins. Then Player B kills D. And players A and B switch turns and repeat this step.
    Step 4: Player A kills C and player B kills D at the same time. Round Two

Step 1: Once the round started, all players meet at one point.
    Step 2: Player A press the LT key to lock C and player B stuns C with the B key. Players A and B switch turns and repeat this step.
    Step 3: Player B walks away from player A. Player D pursues player A in high profile so that an escape sequence begins. Then Player B stuns D. And players A and B switch turns and repeat this step.
    Step 4: Player A stuns C and player B stuns D at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Still waiting for this to arrive, the more I read about it the more desperate I become.

Good man, just 2 more people. Here's the link, just scroll down a bit. That site has instructions for all the tricky mp trophies. I could only find xbox controls but surely we can figure them out.

http://tutorial.downloadatoz.com/how-to-get-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-role-model-achievement.html

Count me in.

The multiplayer is frustrating me to no end these days. I cant seem to get into a game of wanted (either advanced or not) And when I do, I play two games and then the game/connection hangs inbetween games waiting for 8/8 players to synchronize. I end up quiting the game and starting all over again.
    Frustrating.

Also, why is it that every time I start a game it puts me into a game that only I am in? Then it proceeds to look for other players and then look for another game, find some players and then the game begins. Seems like a needless step that actually doubles the wait to get into a game.
    It has recently put a bit of a dampener on my multiplayer experience which had been really good up until yesterday/today.

Indeed, it's been very annoying. Many a time i've had 8/8 players and the game doesn't start.

Worse, I was 1 min away from finishing a match (in first!!) and i got booted. Feck sake.

• Advertisement

yea, the multi just isn't smooth at all. I was waiting 10 minutes with 2 friends to play a game and we had 7 of 7 for 5 of those minutes. Nonsense tbh.

Advertisement