Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

What are the things you only have one shot at in the game unless you restart? If I miss any I'll go mad. I mean stuff like achievements, books in 2012 etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Teferi wrote: »
    What are the things you only have one shot at in the game unless you restart? If I miss any I'll go mad. I mean stuff like achievements, books in 2012 etc...?
    Just the artifacts in 2012. That's all. Did everything in my first playthrough. Flags and all. Started the game again to get the artifacts because I couldnt get them since the game wont let me leave the animus since I finished the game.
    One thing that could happen is that a trophy could glitch on you and not show up. Happened to Sheehy83. But that's just plain bad luck. Didnt happen to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

The trophy glitch happened to me too, with the 'access 20102 email' one. Not the end of the world, I'll be replaying anyway.

But imagine if it glitched on the one where you have to take the lead in MP 10 seconds from the end....ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good man Funky! just one more person to bring me closer to that plat!

4 flags left (secret location flags while having to chase someone are just annoying), then onto multiplayer!

I hate the way you can't choose a Wanted game outright (without creating one which takes ages for people to join. Hate waiting 3-4 minutes for Alliance to pop up on screen and even cancelling to menu screen takes ages!

Lads, does anyone know if I save my brohood save file to USB key and reinstall game data and play through game for the Plumber trophy, will this affect the MP trophies I already have? I wanted to do this and then reinstall my original save file.

Also, the trophy glitch more than likely happens when you are playing MP, quit to main menu and start a single player game.

Can anyone confirm if they tried this and unlocked trophies ok?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Good man Funky! just one more person to bring me closer to that plat!

4 flags left (secret location flags while having to chase someone are just annoying), then onto multiplayer!

I hate the way you can't choose a Wanted game outright (without creating one which takes ages for people to join. Hate waiting 3-4 minutes for Alliance to pop up on screen and even cancelling to menu screen takes ages!

Lads, does anyone know if I save my brohood save file to USB key and reinstall game data and play through game for the Plumber trophy, will this affect the MP trophies I already have? I wanted to do this and then reinstall my original save file.

Also, the trophy glitch more than likely happens when you are playing MP, quit to main menu and start a single player game.

Can anyone confirm if they tried this and unlocked trophies ok?

It might not be much help but I can confirm the opposite. Every time that I
    played multiplayer, i quit out of the game completely and have not had a trophy glitch on me. :rolleyes:

As far as the multiplayer goes, it is really starting to grate on me every time I go to play it auto creates a session, yet I have never had someone come into my session. Always a couple of minutes to get playing. Pain in the arse really. It really needs to be streamlined. Add that onto the connection hangs which force you to quit out of the multiplayer, it's getting quite frustrating.

Most of the time, when you are chasing someone and a flag is about, you have all the time in the world but it seems to always say, 'reduce distance to target'. The sewers location is an example of this. But the one where you chase the bloke on horse back wasn't too hard to get. Once you have it, even if you desync you still keep it.

• Advertisement

Sheehy83, there's only one way to find out. If you look in the Save Data Utility folder on the PS3 you'll see a file for Assassin's Creed BroHo which should have a save date/time that corresponds to the last time you played multiplayer. I think that it might read your stats ( which activate trophies) from that. But then again, I thought that they would have synced that sort of stuff to the servers. When I load up AC:B multiplayer I'm always level one until it connects and then my true level appears.

Head over to the Playstation Forums and ask there to see if anyone knows anything about it too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's the same with the XBox regarding Multi - all your details seem to be stored online. I was at a friend's house and had my profile with me (I keep it on a USB stick for such reasons) and when I logged in to show him the Multiplayer, after a 4 hour wait (;)) it had all my profiles etc stored.

Right, all single player trophies got, except Plumber glitcher, but anyway, onto MP.

I'm level 18 and just getting sick of it! All I want to do is play Wanted. I press Play now, wait about 2 minutes before I even know what game mode is starting. Anything but Wanted, I quit and try again but even quitting takes ages to get back to the menu. I just spent 20 minutes trying to get into a game. Finally Advanced Wanted came up, not ideal but I tried it. Everyone running round rooftops like mad and then got Ubisoft network error message everytime I tried to kill someone (actually in the kill animation), it would lag and freeze for 30 secs and when it came back, my victim was gone and i would have been killed by someone else.

I really can't see me getting to level 50, Ass 2 was a joy to get the plat but this is a chore. Anyone know what the update was for last night?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Doies the PlayStation not have the option to play a ranked match of your choice? XBox does. If you want to play Wanted, then just choose that.

Kharn wrote: »
    Doies the PlayStation not have the option to play a ranked match of your choice? XBox does. If you want to play Wanted, then just choose that.

Oh ya tried that. A game ever only started once from there. Last few times I tried it, I waited 10 minutes before giving up.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to lose hope of getting this platinum trophy. It's too damn frustrating waiting for a game to start. But once you get in, it's brilliant.

I'm hoping a glut of MP action on the 25th will force them to rethink their strategy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Are the PS multiplayer problems due to modem NAT type? Haven't got my ACB yet (and probably won't til Christmas).

John wrote: »
    Are the PS multiplayer problems due to modem NAT type? Haven't got my ACB yet (and probably won't til Christmas).
    I dont understand why the NAT type would cause an problem, having already let me into a game that works flawlessly. The problem arises once the game goes to look for another game. then is begins to hang. I'm fairly sure that the problem is on Ubisoft's end.

ya nat 3 is spose to have awful issues with this, i have nat2 but true what brian said, ubi already admitted problems on their side and workin on em. I was just playing wanted and it was taking 20 seconds for game to give me a target instead of usual 5. then it didnt give me a target. i counted 3 minutes, got chased a few times and finally killled, still no target. i was gonna quit and start a new game but it took me so long to get into that, i just turned off the game. Such a pity cuz when it works, its the best mp of the year!! ive given up on plat too. tryin to get to level 50 will make me hate thiis game and i love it too much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Got the codex edition today, too much win to describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I dont understand why the NAT type would cause an problem, having already let me into a game that works flawlessly. The problem arises once the game goes to look for another game. then is begins to hang. I'm fairly sure that the problem is on Ubisoft's end.

I used to have all sorts of trouble on other games before I changed the NAT type for my PS3: I couldn't start games in Street Fighter IV but could join them, couldn't play Medal of Honor online, Call of Duty kept dropping out, etc.

John wrote: »
    I used to have all sorts of trouble on other games before I changed the NAT type for my PS3: I couldn't start games in Street Fighter IV but could join them, couldn't play Medal of Honor online, Call of Duty kept dropping out, etc.
    But I've never had a problem before. Even after changing internet providers. I'm fairly sure that it's not the NAT type that's doing this. It's actually been a little better today. Managed to get about 5/6 games in a row today and then stopped playing it. Fairly hassle free. Some lag though. My 1st time some noticeable lag was there.
    Great multiplayer. If only they could iron out the kinks.

Sweet! Chanced the multiplayer for a bit this evening and got thrown into a game with 5 mins gone already. Thankfully, it was full of people who insisted on running about teh roofs, acting the bollox. Couple of quiet kills and I climbed the ranks to take first....with 8 seconds to go! One difficult trophy in the bag......also got the one where you have to escape two or three chasers.

Then, of course, the MP ceased to work properly. Only two games, but two productive ones! :)

Sweet! Chanced the multiplayer for a bit this evening and got thrown into a game with 5 mins gone already. Thankfully, it was full of people who insisted on running about teh roofs, acting the bollox. Couple of quiet kills and I climbed the ranks to take first....with 8 seconds to go! One difficult trophy in the bag......also got the one where you have to escape two or three chasers.

Then, of course, the MP ceased to work properly. Only two games, but two productive ones! :)
    pretty much the exact same thing happened me today. Got those two trophies today (i think). Got the one for losing 2 pursuers as well as the one for taking the lead with less than 10 secs to go. Think I got that one with 1, maybe 2 secs to go. Actually pumped the air when I did it. I knew it would have been a hard one to get. Think I need the Level 50 one, and two more. Sitting on level 23/24 now. Gonna be a long slog to get there. Might not be up for it.

• Advertisement

Especially if they don't get their MP act together. I just reached level 14 and it was hard going what with all the waiting for a game to start.

I also have a feeling that level 50 is just going to be too much for me. It's scary to see people already at that level......

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

I got to level 50 the other day, and havent put too much time into it

takes 2-3 games to level up after you run out of challenges (at least on Manhunt, playing properly ie. not Rambo style)

On my playthrough to level 50, I have all but one of the MP trophies.. just need the Employee of the Month one, and have only played Manhunt

I chanced it last night, started up my own game and invited Notoriety H. I was fully sure it wouldn't work but after a 2 minute wait, we were in! Great laugh, had about 5 or 6 matches before I called it a night, was a great laugh. Only thing tho, anytime Not was my target, I got so excited I had the chance to kill a boardsie, I would end up legging it to him as fast as I could and end up getting killed. I got him a few nice kills tho and he got me a few nice Stuns, b*stard!! :D

Can't wait to unlock poison so I can throw a smoke bomb, focus and then poison for a great score (when it works).

For Abstergo employee of the month trophy, you need avery bonus at least once. Does this include co-op bonuses? Can't find a definite list of ones you need. Anyway, Untouchable is one of the bonues, don't die the whole match. Impossible! I joined a game late and ran around avoiding people, didn't get killed but didn['t get the bonus.

I tried joining your game last night but you were full up. Ended up eventually getting into a game and coming last. I got a few kills in though, not quite sure what I'm doing at all to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

same as, i've no idea how to stun people.. pressing b doesnt seem to do a thing.

i was doing very well the first night, probably because no one else was playing it until they'd finished the SP but any time i've played it after i'm lucky if I get third

I was sure you could get points for spotting someone who wasn't your contract and taking them down, but I didn't. Unless it was the AI, but they sure weren't acting like it.

Sir Digby - You can only stun your pursuer and even then, you have to be sneaky about it because if they see you and press 'excecute' they will win everytime. I usually throw a smoke bomb down when someone is chasing me and when they are getting choked up, I run back and go stun happy!

Jericho (are you hoorhouse? class name!) - Ya, you can't interact with any other real people other than your target/pursuer. Although if I see a real person running around, I like to running into them and push them off balance, I don't know why :). Jericho, its all about patience. If you run around, ya you might get a lot of kills but they will only be worth 100-1150 on average. Take your time and stalk your oponent, you won't get as many kills but you will be averaging 400-00 per kill. I got 1300 for one kill today, highest yet (thanks x2 score losing streak!)

I'm a hoorhouse alright! Might try a bit later on, but I'm gonna plough through the single player first.

Just finished it.....

I can't wait for three already! :eek:

• Advertisement

Did anyone get the Capernicus missions, they're free on PSN.

Advertisement