Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You go to Rewards, not Store.
    You just exchange the points for rewards. I think the store will end up selling DLC or something.

You also don't necessarily have to do the challenges for a particular game before you can buy stuff with your points, I had loads of UBI points left over from ACII and the recent PoP game, so just spent those straight away...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished the game, holy ****!

So many questions....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just got the game for Xmas - pure class so far !
    Didnt have AC II though but thought the first was brill and now Brotherhood is already a fav !

I've never gone platinum though, any tips on doing this quick as it seems like it could take an age to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

You go to Rewards, not Store.
    You just exchange the points for rewards. I think the store will end up selling DLC or something.
    Thanks. Sorted it out now.

Was considering going for the platinum, but that level 50 MP trophy looks like a right bitch, can't play the MP for over 30mins before i get bored/pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That'd be the easy one imo......the one where you have to get all bonuses at least once which includes not dying in a MP game.

I came close once.....some bastard guessed right when i was in the middle of a morphed crowd :pac: ....the only time I died in the whole game.... ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just got this today. I was holding off because I only finished ACII back in October. So far it is just as good as ACII was.

BOLLOX

I was playing a few games online today. Purposefully tried to get the 'untouchable' bonus, and I got it in a game.

But i didn't realise it was for the entire SESSION. Meaning the couple of games I played afterwards ****ed me over and I have to do it again!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Got the game for Christmas loving it at the moment. The brotherhood idea is brilliant, I wasn't sure on it when I heard bout it but its brilliant. Top game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Just got this today. I was holding off because I only finished ACII back in October. So far it is just as good as ACII was.

You're wanted, Wales.
    Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
    A man's got to do something for a living these days.
    Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. ;)

• Advertisement

I'm having some real trouble with the Borgia Towers. There are two or three I just can't do. I think the difficulty level of one of them is 5 and the other is 3. Everytime I go near the captain he just runs away and I can't catch him.

Is there a trick to it?

I'm having some real trouble with the Borgia Towers. There are two or three I just can't do. I think the difficulty level of one of them is 5 and the other is 3. Everytime I go near the captain he just runs away and I can't catch him.

Is there a trick to it?

Have your assassin's kill him. Just get close enough to get a lock on him and then call the assassins! Usually a one hit kill as long as they aren't in a really awkward place.

Even better if you have 6 assassins available you can use the arrow shower attack thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Is there a trick to it?
    Aw man two of them drove me nuts. The one at the docks and the one by the thieves den in the bottom left. Docks just kept running right in the door whenever he saw me, and bottom left took 4 attempts before my Assassins finally caught him off guard.

Have your assassin's kill him. Just get close enough to get a lock on him and then call the assassins! Usually a one hit kill as long as they aren't in a really awkward place.

Even better if you have 6 assassins available you can use the arrow shower attack thing..

I guess I'll play more of the story missions so that I get to the Brotherhood part of the game.

I've been playing a good bit of Brotherhood over this weekend and I think it is a better game now than AC2. I've got 6 assassins working for me now and that opens up some really great gameplay additions. I love walking past a group of guards and calling in my assassins. It looks so awesome the way they just destroy the guards and then run away.

I do think that this game is a bit glitchy other than AC2 though. I was riding my horse and I jumped off it but floated away into the sky. It looked great but the only thing I could do was leave the animus.

Another time I was on a rescue mission and I dropped the person into a bale of hay in a cutscene and Ezio was supposed to follow her. But I stabbed the guard with poison and he was thrashing around and pushed Ezio out of position so he could jump where he was supposed to. It was weird. I had to restart the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finally have internet again. Haven't played Brotherhood online yet, but feel free to add me

PSN: harleybill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Haven't really been able to get into this properly as I wanted to get as far as possible before my exams. Got as far as Memory 7 I think. Have most of the Borgia Towers taken down, thanks to some nifty work of my assassins and mercenaries. Lost one of my assassins too at one point. Was actually quite a sad moment as she was my top ranked one, just got overwhelmed at the 5* Borgia tower by the Castillo/docks. :(

Loving the game though, even if the engine and graphics are showing their age, its still beautiful looking. Liking the money system, much more worthwhile than the last game as theres more to do with your moolah.

Can't wait til I can get back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just finished it.

Christ what a tough ending to work out.

My thoughts from what I saw and read from different places....

Would love feedback :)
    The red footprints when Lucy disappears are clearly trying to indicate that something is not right, and I assume its trying to suggest its Lucy when she disappears, but I'm not sure what it is. People online are saying that Lucy is in no way a templar as she busted Desmond out etc, but maybe she busted him out on the basis that if she busted him out he'd be more willing to find the apple believing it was to save the world. So maybe she is a templar on that basis, but then I'd assume that not only would (assuming they're hers) her footprints be red so would she (in eagle vision) when she's sitting around. It's clear that its meant to be ambiguous I know as its easy to find evidence either way.

The Truth video is very confusing (the level just as bad, as I got stuck in a stairs somehow first time around) which could further that Lucy is a templar as Subject 16 says "She is not who you think she is", possibly referring to Lucy, but could also be Juno who forces you to stab Lucy. Also the trophy you get for uncovering the truth is "I am alive" in morse code, so maybe 16 was communicating with Desmond from another animus.

At the very end of the game after the credits in the one second flash of the last scenes, Lucy is very obviously holding the apple so maybe she will survive (as Altair survived a stab in AC1 by holding the apple) the stabbing?

Maybe Desmond stabbed Lucy to kill a child she was carrying, as the stomach is a strange place to stab someone if you're trying to kill them, as Desmond/Ezio would always stab the throat to kill. Rebecca says she heard Desmond shouting loudly in his sleep (in an email to Lucy), and maybe that was Lucy and Desmond sleeping together (there is attraction and feelings, as Lucy mentions in an email). Also the fact that Subject 16 refers to "your son" to Desmond could indicate a child. Really really long shot, but just another thought or theory.

Juno is a lot more hostile to humanity than Minerva, so there's no guarantee she's "a good guy" so contrary to those theories, maybe Lucy is good and Juno is forcing Desmond to work against the order.

The last words of Shaun indicate that the next game will be in the French Revolution or America. He says the only place that the symbols of "The Masonic Eye" and "Phyrigian Cap" appear together is....". It appeared in America on its currency (masonic eye on dollar bill, and cap on early coins) but also in France in the "Declaration of Human Rights" where they appear together, and I'd imagine French Revolution would be a more ideal place for the game to be set in true AC style.

I could be 100% wrong, just throwing out my feedback on it? Bloody confused after it all, but I know there are meant to be no definite answers and its the way I should be. I know Ubisoft want people talking, but there's a serious lack of clarity which is kind of annoying as I'd have loved SOME indication of what the hell was happening

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I know its been ages since a lot of ya probably finished it!

Is there any benefit to getting 100% synchronisation in the missions? Does it open up side-missions that you wouldn't normally get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

No benefit, whatsoever. I think it's just for completionists. It actually made me attempt missions in a certain way and made it more fun in all honesty, instead of running in with hidden blades a blazin'

• Advertisement

Just finished it.

Christ what a tough ending to work out.

My thoughts from what I saw and read from different places....

Would love feedback :)
    The red footprints when Lucy disappears are clearly trying to indicate that something is not right, and I assume its trying to suggest its Lucy when she disappears, but I'm not sure what it is.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I know its been ages since a lot of ya probably finished it!

I just finished this myself tonight. I really enjoyed it but the ending was so cryptic. I've no idea what is going on.

I'm confused about what part you are talking about.
    When did Lucy disappear? I don't remember that or anything about her footprints.

I just finished this myself tonight. I really enjoyed it but the ending was so cryptic. I've no idea what is going on.

I'm confused about what part you are talking about.
    When did Lucy disappear? I don't remember that or anything about her footprints.
    There are two points where she disappears from the sanctuary room if you leave the animus (I cant remember which is first). One time she's outside looking at the moon and you can talk to her and she returns to the sanctuary, but another time she disappears just after Sequence 5 or 6, but there's no mention of her being gone from the other two and I couldnt find her anywhere.

Now it could simply be that she was going to the shop on the food run, as the e-mails suggest that they each take turns on the run, but its just strange that she's gone altogether.

It's probably just Ubisoft fuelling rumours, some sort of invisibility bug or she's gone for food.

Weird though, considering the other two are never seen as gone.

And the red footprints are something you can see outside if you use eagle vision. Since I wrote my post I've read that this was also a spot where Ezio was in the movie at the start so it could simply be his trail

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just started this, and this is definitely a franchise improving which each installment. Only an hour or two in and already lots more variety and stuff to do than previous outings. Still doesn't seem like a 'full' Assassin's Creed 3, but it's a worthwhile advancement of AC2, which is certainly not what I was expecting when it was announced :)

Just started this, and this is definitely a franchise improving which each installment. Only an hour or two in and already lots more variety and stuff to do than previous outings. Still doesn't seem like a 'full' Assassin's Creed 3, but it's a worthwhile advancement of AC2, which is certainly not what I was expecting when it was announced :)

Totally agree. There's a lot more variation as you proceed through the game which is great as you don't simply get the full experience at the start and slowly become able to do more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Totally agree. There's a lot more variation as you proceed through the game which is great as you don't simply get the full experience at the start and slowly become able to do more.

Considering the first game's strengths were almost overshadowed by the endless repetition of uninteresting tasks, it's genuinely fantastic to see the series spreading its wings and dealing with the issues that held the promising first game back from greatness.

There are two points where she disappears from the sanctuary room if you leave the animus (I cant remember which is first). One time she's outside looking at the moon and you can talk to her and she returns to the sanctuary, but another time she disappears just after Sequence 5 or 6, but there's no mention of her being gone from the other two and I couldnt find her anywhere.

Now it could simply be that she was going to the shop on the food run, as the e-mails suggest that they each take turns on the run, but its just strange that she's gone altogether.

It's probably just Ubisoft fuelling rumours, some sort of invisibility bug or she's gone for food.

Weird though, considering the other two are never seen as gone.

And the red footprints are something you can see outside if you use eagle vision. Since I wrote my post I've read that this was also a spot where Ezio was in the movie at the start so it could simply be his trail

Good post. I didn't leave the animus all that much. Only twice when I got e-mail notifications.

Good post. I didn't leave the animus all that much. Only twice when I got e-mail notifications.

Thanks! A lot of what my first post contained about the ending was from videos I saw online and what I read elsewhere.

I left the animus a few times myself (once to collect the 5 hidden artifacts around modern day Monteggerioni) and then other times to read e-mails and talk but it really felt forced and uninteresting (no reward for finding the artifacts) and the chats you have with the others are fairly inane. Also apart from one or two interesting e-mails the rest are very uninteresting.

So I really don't blame you for not leaving the Animus, there never really seemed any impetus to do so.

I think the most interesting part of the ending and
    Lucy
    in general is

Lucy holding the apple at the end of the credits in the brief 1 second flash.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ie4b2d.jpg

Altair survived a stomach stabbing in AC1 because of the apple, so maybe this means she'll survive. Because it would just be extremely strange to program a scene into the ending like this and her holding the apple was accidental or wasn't meant to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Finished this last week and it was very enjoyable and a good progression on AC2. The side quests and Borgia Towers were a good addition I think as the main quest was a bit on the short side I felt so it was good to have a scattering of things to do outside of the main story. I have to say though that I didnt make too much use of my assassins in the story quests as I didnt feel there was much need to call upon them most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 First Post

I know it's not on the list of priorities in a game, but I missed the nice architecture from AC2. The enviroment in ACB just seems boring in comparison.

Would like to see the next game take place in Jerusalem again, it was really the perfect setting. TBH I'm a little worried about this transition to the game being played in the modern setting, mainly because I hate Desmond, but also because I liked being in an old timey setting.

• Advertisement

Have to admit, Desmond isn't as annoying as he used to be. But the third one is definitely taking place in an historical setting as well as Desmond's, so don't worry! :)

Re: the architecture.....I have to say I did miss the Venice at night missions. Gorgeous.

EDIT:

I FINALLY GOT THE UNTOUCHABLE BONUS!!! :D Is anyone else chasing the 'bonus' trophy?

Advertisement