Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ugh. Pre-ordered the Codex Edition on play.com last night.....while very drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hahahah unlucky man!

Just read an 'indepth Q&A' on CVG website about this game. Writer should be sacked for being such a noob and forgetting to put SPOILERS on the header! Had to stop reading half way down when I found out what happens to one of the main characters. He talks about the missions and how to complete them. Some good info but very spoiler heavy.

Anyway, can't wait for this!!!! Have red dead redemption and saw ready to be traded straight in for it!

A day (or so) later and I'm much happier. The deed is done and I have a lovely huge package of Assassin related goodies heading my way towards the end of the month.

Still though......95 squddlies!!!!!! I'll be regretting it once the rent is due.....

Well Funky, it does look like an absolute class set man, enjoy!

I found the trophy list (sorry if this is old news). Link below, Very spoiler heavy on locations and missions.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood/trophies/

Ass creed 2 was my first plat and an absolute pleasure to get. Well not the feathers but that goes to show how fun it was just free running round the place. Anyway, the feathers make a return and there are online trophies including co-op trophies. Wonder what the co-op mode is like??!!

I really can't wait for this game. Hope to be seeing ye online for some boardsies throat slitting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I really can't wait for this now, fairly broke this month though so will be a stretch to budget myself to be able to afford it on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hmmm, so just over 2 weeks to finish Red Dead so that I can justify buying this?

Red Dead is getting traded for this. Hope xtravision are still offering 30 euro trade in! Only made it half way through red dead and got so sick of it. That and Undisputed 2010 were biggest gaming dissapointments this year (imo) I know Brotherhood will deliver tho!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No sure about the game but however driected the TV advert should be fired. The music is so out of place and quite frankly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No sure about the game but however driected the TV advert should be fired. The music is so out of place and quite frankly awful.

Yeah last years one for AC II was about 1,000 times cooler particularly the choice of Music.Looking forward to Brotherhood delighted that the Campaign will be big cause I doubt i'll even touch multiplayer.

Retro, I read your comment thinking 'cmon, how bad can music be for the ad for Brotherhood' so I looked it up....My God. Who made that decision! I mean the music is attrocious but the ad itself doesn't really show what Ass Creed is all about imo. I think the teaser ad is way better. The ad is already kicking up a stink on the forum I watched the ad on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know I was shocked, was sitting in the pub with mates when it came on the TV and was shocked by how bad it was. Whoever thought a rubbish nu-metal song would suit a historical game set in the renaissance is an idiot. Haven't played ass creed 2 but see it for 12 euros goty edition online. Can't really say no to that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was thinking the same. The story trailer music is awesome, and i didnt know what you meant till i checked it on youtube. Man that's the wrong choice of music for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Kiith wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. The story trailer music is awesome, and i didnt know what you meant till i checked it on youtube. Man that's the wrong choice of music for the game.

Appealing to the american audience no doubt.
    If any of you have seen the developer diary video's I'd be surprised if anyone has ever seen as many French people using the word "awesome" within a short space of time. Next they'll be making AC into an FPS with "super awesomeness" being the watch words. It's a good thing the AC games are really good.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,793 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So long as they don't do a Devil May Cry and make the lead character look like a Twilight emo, who would probably cut himself with the hidden blades, we should hopefully be alright

I know I was shocked, was sitting in the pub with mates when it came on the TV and was shocked by how bad it was. Whoever thought a rubbish nu-metal song would suit a historical game set in the renaissance is an idiot. Haven't played ass creed 2 but see it for 12 euros goty edition online. Can't really say no to that :)

ass 2 was my favourite game since i got it last xmas, u wont be sorry, thats a great price!! is the 2nd dlc worth it? i got d 1st one and it was just ok. actually im off to play this again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wonderful, can't wait for this game. AC2 was one of my all time favorite games. Thrilled that the PS is finally getting some exclusivity on some DLC.

The Codex editiion been ordered for me for a Christmas present, no idea how I'll wait that long :) It's the one game I've no problem shelling out for limited edtitions with my two previous Assassins games having statues with them :)

Just such a great game, hope the multiplayer is useful.

Kiith wrote: »

What's really annoying is that the in game soundtrack is excellent, plenty of material there to use for a tv spot.

Anyone else absolutely hate Ass Creed 1? I tried playing it twice but at both times I gave up in the same place, 2nd or 3rd target. Was just so repetitive and annoying how you couldn't run or the guards would chase.

They made some leap and bounds with the 2nd game. Just got Bonfire of the Vanities last night, wish there were more trophies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone else absolutely hate Ass Creed 1? I tried playing it twice but at both times I gave up in the same place, 2nd or 3rd target. Was just so repetitive and annoying how you couldn't run or the guards would chase.

They made some leap and bounds with the 2nd game. Just got Bonfire of the Vanities last night, wish there were more trophies :D

While it was repetitive, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. The story and visuals were more than enough to keep me entertained and I couldn't wait to play the next installment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Haven't played either of the first two games somehow. Might grab AC2 off one of my mates and play that over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fizman wrote: »
    Haven't played either of the first two games somehow. Might grab AC2 off one of my mates and play that over the next week or two.

First one is good but not great. AC2 was my game of the year last year, you're doing yourself a disservice if you miss out on it, definitely get a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Awesome game just got more awesome:

This link will unveil one of the skins you can use in the game... so obviously spoilers...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/metal-gear-raiden-joins-assassins-creed-brotherhood/

Awesome game just got more awesome:

This link will unveil one of the skins you can use in the game... so obviously spoilers...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/metal-gear-raiden-joins-assassins-creed-brotherhood/

HAHAHA Awesome!!! How f*ckin cool is it gonna be climbing buildings and jumping rooftops as f*ckin
    RAIDEN!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

sheehy83 wrote: »

I liked the first game. I actually have a theory about games like AC1. A movie can be just ok or even moderately good and the majority of people don't rip it apart whereas games seems to be either excellent or rubbish with very little middle ground.

To me, AC1 was 6/7 out of 10 and I was fine with that because there were some very good moments, and an engaging story and good graphics. Some of the gameplay let it down but overall I found it quite enjoyable.

I liked the first game. I actually have a theory about games like AC1. A movie can be just ok or even moderately good and the majority of people don't rip it apart whereas games seems to be either excellent or rubbish with very little middle ground.

To me, AC1 was 6/7 out of 10 and I was fine with that because there were some very good moments, and an engaging story and good graphics. Some of the gameplay let it down but overall I found it quite enjoyable.

Ya, if a game gets 6 out of 10, it might as well have gotten 1/10. But I just couldn't keep playing Ass 1. Ass 2 on the other hand, I got the platinum trophy and I'm still playing it, just doing assassin missions and having a laugh running round the place.

Here is a vid with some new gameplay (new to me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

AC2 was the most improved sequel I've played in years. Loved the setting and visuals of AC1, but it was incredibly dull; AC2 on the other hand, always had something to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,793 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I liked AC1. Interesting story, gameplay was pretty good. But after I finished it, nothing made me want to replay it. AC2 however just fixed everything that was wrong with the first one. Then it improved what was great about the first one. Then it added in a whole bunch of new stuff too which all worked. It was just one of those games that seemed to get everything right. It was my game of the year last year, and from the looks of it, AC:Brotherhood will probably be my GOTY 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

anyone know whats in this new virtual training mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I enjoyed AC despite its many flaws. The second game fixed just about all of them and it was a great experience. I'm not excited about Brotherhood just yet...although seeing
    Raiden
    appear as a skin is pretty cool!

Advertisement