Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I FINALLY GOT THE UNTOUCHABLE BONUS!!! :D Is anyone else chasing the 'bonus' trophy?

I'm not going to bother with the online trophies. I'd never play it enough to get to level 50. It is annoying because I will have all the offline trophies so I won't get the Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First Post wrote: »
    I know it's not on the list of priorities in a game, but I missed the nice architecture from AC2. The enviroment in ACB just seems boring in comparison.

Would like to see the next game take place in Jerusalem again, it was really the perfect setting. TBH I'm a little worried about this transition to the game being played in the modern setting, mainly because I hate Desmond, but also because I liked being in an old timey setting.

I agree and disagree with the architecture in ACB. I think the architecture in ACB was far superior to that of AC2. The Colliseum, Forum, Pantheon, Arches etc were incredibly well designed and having been to Rome it was fantastic to relate to them (as a lot of them are still there).

I think the biggest problem though is that in AC2 you were forced to interact with the architecture and important events took place in those places numerous times. In ACB though there's only a handful of missions that take place in the "big" locations. One throwaway visit to the Pantheon which really could have been anywhere, same with the Colliseum, and then other famous architecture you might run past the side of it but there was no real reason to venture in.

So whilst I do think the architecture was better in ACB, it wasnt used nearly as well as it was in AC2.

And you're so right about the future of the game, one of its main selling points is the old settings, it wouldnt be as good if it was set in the modern day for the entirety of the game, they have to keep the game in the eras of daggers, swords etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Loving the multiplayer for the most part. Level 20 already (thank you Manhunt). The worst is in Wanted where loads of people run around everywhere. It can be hard enough to try and follow your target from the ground while he's on a rooftop. You spend so long trying to follow him and keep a lock on him that your pursuer can sneak up behind you. It's also annoying when you're following your target, getting ready to strike when your pursuer comes round the corner running like a madman and you have to change your plans.

Overall though, excellent. Much better than I thought it was going to be. The abilities were well thought out so that they wouldn't tip the balance of the game too much

Also finally got to play the Copernicus missions and Waterworks Templar location. Nothing particularly special, but nice to get to play them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Barrington wrote: »
    Loving the multiplayer for the most part. Level 20 already (thank you Manhunt). The worst is in Wanted where loads of people run around everywhere. It can be hard enough to try and follow your target from the ground while he's on a rooftop. You spend so long trying to follow him and keep a lock on him that your pursuer can sneak up behind you. It's also annoying when you're following your target, getting ready to strike when your pursuer comes round the corner running like a madman and you have to change your plans.

Overall though, excellent. Much better than I thought it was going to be. The abilities were well thought out so that they wouldn't tip the balance of the game too much

Also finally got to play the Copernicus missions and Waterworks Templar location. Nothing particularly special, but nice to get to play them
    The secret to successfully playing Wanted in a slow methodical approach is by using perks like the blend etc. The ones that help to disguise you when you enter crowds. I like to use decoy personally when I notice someone has begun following me, I like to walk/run around the corner, and send the decoy back around the corner only for my pursuer to kill it. The blend one I use most of the time. I like to pursue my target from a crowd and only break off when they are getting too far away from me. That ay, there is at least one of your character in the vicinity.

I suggest you look at this link for some tips on what perks are the best to use, both offensively and defensively. Some of them that seem useless to you really help your defensive aspect of your game.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/f/assassins-creed-brotherhood-multiplayer-strategy-guide-how-to-be-a-cheating-bastard/a-20101210153035976036/g-2010050618439424081

Yeah I try to stick in a walking crowd and use Morph most of the time, or just find one with two people who look like me. Haven't unlocked that decoy one yet I don't think.

I do okay in Wanted, just annoying when you get in a game with a lot of people who run around like lunatics. Played one game on Friday where I came first. Only had 5 kills and got extra points for a 3 silent kill streak. Second place had 10 kills but only got 1700 or so.

It's why I prefer Manhunt. A lot more skill required. I morphed a group standing beside a haystack, then hid in the haystack. Got 4 stuns by doing that. Got Templar vision now too so great when I'm hunting targets too

Cheers for the link though, I'll check it out

• Advertisement

There's also a nice perk that's unlocked later on that after losing your target 5 times in a row you can double the points for your next kill. Really good in Wanted. If I notice that I'm lagging behind in the points you can really jump up the leaderboard if you manage to get one really nice kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Manhunt is a Godsend for people who don't run around on the rooftops. So many exp to be earned.

I once joined a game where I got all the points for my team in round one, then preceded to come overall 1st, but second in terms of the teams. Bizzare how it works. But brilliant. It rewards your patience and forethought.

Morph and smoke bomb seem to never leave my side.

I find Templar vision is hit and miss......while it easily shows you your target or pursuer, it also lights you up like a christmas tree....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any help would be greatly appreciated here :

Im stuck... I cant get to any of the remaining Borgia Towers/Viewpoints....
    I just dont know what i've missed.

The only think i can think of is that i didnt get 100% sync in some missions/memories. Will i need to play them again to sync the map??
    Or is there something else im doing wrong or missed?

Thanks in advance lads..

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any help would be greatly appreciated here :

Im stuck... I cant get to any of the remaining Borgia Towers/Viewpoints....
    I just dont know what i've missed.

The only think i can think of is that i didnt get 100% sync in some missions/memories. Will i need to play them again to sync the map??
    Or is there something else im doing wrong or missed?

Thanks in advance lads..

Have you finished the story mode?

How far on in the game are you? Some are only available during certain missions or once you reach a certain sequence. Have you finished the game?

• Advertisement

Barrington wrote: »
    How far on in the game are you? Some are only available during certain missions or once you reach a certain sequence. Have you finished the game?

Im on storymode still, memory 4 i think. My next memory point is in the grey un-synced area that i cant go to.
    I've never had this problem with the other games.. so weird as normally is fall into place. But now im stuck in my synced area's with no where to go :(

Im on storymode still, memory 4 i think. My next memory point is in the grey un-synced area that i cant go to.
    I've never had this problem with the other games.. so weird as normally is fall into place. But now im stuck in my synced area's with no where to go :(

Borgia towers unlock as the game progresses. Are you at the stage where there are a few memory points (3 i think?)? You have to do the others first.

Borgia towers unlock as the game progresses. Are you at the stage where there are a few memory points (3 i think?)? You have to do the others first.

No, the only memory point on the map is in an un-synced area.
    As are all the Viewpoints/Borgia Towers.

Will i need to replay some memories and get 100% sync?

Can't be right. Have another wee gander.....

Did you fiddle with the legend for the map? :)

Can't be right. Have another wee gander.....

Did you fiddle with the legend for the map? :)

Thats whats happening FP... weird or what. My only viewpoint is in the grey area that i cant get into.
    I've simply no where to go and i've exhausted every avenue.

On some missions id getting 100% sync vital to open up the map?

No, the only memory point on the map is in an un-synced area.
    As are all the Viewpoints/Borgia Towers.

Will i need to replay some memories and get 100% sync?

No that shouldnt have an impact on it. Go to the Assassins HQ and other main points of interest. It sounds like the memories are locked pending you doing something. I vaguely remember having the same problem and I did some side quests or something and next time around I could get through. Also some areas are blocked off apart from a lane or something similar so whilst most of the area is whited out you might be able to pass through a gap somewhere.

No that shouldnt have an impact on it. Go to the Assassins HQ and other main points of interest. It sounds like the memories are locked pending you doing something. I vaguely remember having the same problem and I did some side quests or something and next time around I could get through. Also some areas are blocked off apart from a lane or something similar so whilst most of the area is whited out you might be able to pass through a gap somewhere.

I was thinking about the side quests, and did all the Romulus Lairs available to me. There's some thief/courtesan quests that i have not attempted but i always though they were a choice you have for extra points and not for syncing the map. .....?
    Other than that im snookered, literally have tried everything.

I was thinking about the side quests, and did all the Romulus Lairs available to me. There's some thief/courtesan quests that i have not attempted but i always though they were a choice you have for extra points and not for syncing the map. .....?
    Other than that im snookered, literally have tried everything.

You do have to go to Courtesan HQ and do a quest or two if I remember correctly, not sure if its at that point, but I remember there is a need to do some of the missions early enough.

I have 9 out of 10 feathers collected at the moment but can't see the 10th on the map anywhere. I've completed the game and bought the map that shows the location but it isn't showing up.

I've toggled the other items on the map legend to get a better view but I can't see it.

You do have to go to Courtesan HQ and do a quest or two if I remember correctly, not sure if its at that point, but I remember there is a need to do some of the missions early enough.

Right thanks for your help. The map has not synced yet and i cant get any other Viewpoints yet, however i found an assassination mission that i didnt do and that seems to have brought back my memory point into my synced map.
    I just completed the first mission where i destroyed Leonardo's weapons. And started Sequence 5 there after.. i assume the rest will sync in time.?
    Thanks again mate.
    Was getting stressed out :)

• Advertisement

I have 9 out of 10 feathers collected at the moment but can't see the 10th on the map anywhere. I've completed the game and bought the map that shows the location but it isn't showing up.

I've toggled the other items on the map legend to get a better view but I can't see it.

Might be in a Lair of Romulus?

Can't remember if they're in there.....but that's what happens with the flags anyway.

I have all 10 and I remember that mapwise one was hiding under another icon on my map. Turn everything off on your map apart from feathers, it's probably the one on the eastern part of the map, that's where I had a feather icon hidden under a tunnel icon or something but when I made the map purely feathers it showed up

I bought the map for the feathers and went collecting them last night. Had 6, just needed the rest. But only 3 feather symbols showed up on the map (without turning off all the other symbols). However, on my way to get one of them, I walked past the one which is on top of the Coliseum which I hadn't seen on the map. There are probably a few symbols for that location with flags and treasures etc, so I'd say the symbol is on the map, just under a few others. The Coliseum one is close to another one jut outside the Coliseum, so make sure to zoom into the map too, as they may be too close to differentiate between

Also, wasn't I supposed to get some reward for collecting all the feathers, like a cape or something? I was wearing the Armour of Altair when I unlocked it though if that has anything to do with it

Going to try for all the trophies too. Actually don't have too many left to do. The glyphs and the multiplayer will be the hardest ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gonna embark on getting all the collectable soon myself. Glyphs should be handy enough because theres only 16 of em or so right? Think the flags are gonna be worst seeing as i'll have to go back to the Wolf temples to get some.

Gonna embark on getting all the collectable soon myself. Glyphs should be handy enough because theres only 16 of em or so right?

Only 10 Glyphs you'll be pleased to know.

Multiplayer ones are wrecking my head. :/

Need 5 trophies....the flags (which I can't be bothered with at the moment) Mailer Deamon (which I'll get second play through - was a trophy glitch)

The Level 50 multiplayer one, which will come with time
    The 'emplyee of the month' one, which i'm getting close to, but is a bitch. Some of those bonuses are COMPLETELY out of your control, which is incredibly stupid. Like the 'intercepted' one, which relies on someone else killing your target after you've poisoned him, but before it takes effect.
    The Co-op bonus one.

The last two are quite annoying.

Only 10 Glyphs you'll be pleased to know.

I was about to give up on them after I spent an hour one day trying find the coliseum one. Thought it'd be impossible to find, especially with the trouble of some of the ones from AC2. Found it last night by accident so going hunting for the final 4 tonight

Well worth it, some great puzzles imo. Satisfting to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New update brings free DLC, new multiplayer game mode! Must give this another go.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=284040

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    New update brings free DLC, new multiplayer game mode! Must give this another go.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=284040
    What level did you stop at? Think I stopped playing at 41. not too sure. Might dip back in but I've lost all hope about getting the platinum.

Advertisement