Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,793 ✭✭✭✭Penn

John wrote: »
    Just started playing this today, only ventured into the single player so far but I can feel the addiction starting all over again...

It does get addictive. It's very similar to AC2 overall, but the new features suck you in more than you'd think. Enjoy it man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mkb1441

Did anyone else feel the ending was a dissapointment? Leaves you a bit confused IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mkb1441 wrote: »
    Did anyone else feel the ending was a dissapointment? Leaves you a bit confused IMO.

Absolutely.
    I felt that after spending 20+ hours on the story we would get a more substantial ending. The stabbing of Lucy was a shock but all the stuff with the 'alien' was far too confusing.

Can't wait for Assassins Creed 3 now.

Yeah, I know what you mean :mad:
    But someone i know told me that if you get all the co ordinate thingys around rome you can hear more dialogue,or some explanation of the end?? I don't know, but it was pretty bad IMO.

Wow, just saw some theories about the ending/subject 16's video on youtube, people reckon that a relative of Desmond's (son possibly) is reliving Desmond's memories AND also Ezio's memories through another animus, which would explain the line at the end about 'He's going into shock, get him out of there' or w/e. :D:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bah! So much to do in this game. I'm lucky to get a story mission a session done with all the subquests - and genuinely varied ones at that.

One thing concerns me: why do the Borgia insist on putting wanted posters on creaky balconies on the second stories of houses? You thought they would have learned a lesson about that last game :pac:

Bah! So much to do in this game. I'm lucky to get a story mission a session done with all the subquests - and genuinely varied ones at that.

One thing concerns me: why do the Borgia insist on putting wanted posters on creaky balconies on the second stories of houses? You thought they would have learned a lesson about that last game :pac:

Haha. Who can even see the wanted posters in locations like that? The only type of people who could read those wanted posters are the people who do things the get them on wanted posters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Barrington wrote: »
    Haha. Who can even see the wanted posters in locations like that? The only type of people who could read those wanted posters are the people who do things the get them on wanted posters
    "JOHN! Get out there and get rid of that fúcker! Hes puttin posters outside the bedroom window again!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

"Itsa okay ma bambino. Thata crazy guy ina the white will take care of eet!"

Just jumped off the castelo flag, highest point amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Got this yesterday and have it finished now. Disappointed with the ending tbh. Not enough gameplay with Desmond

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Not enough gameplay with Desmond

Most people seem to see this as a good thing.

Kiith wrote: »
    Most people seem to see this as a good thing.

Considering how much we had to do with him in the first game (and to a lesser extent, the second) when he could barely even run, now we don't ge to play as him when he actually becomes useful? I disagree, I would have loved more stuff with Desmond
    in modern day Monteriggioni

I was hoping to get a better insight to Desmonds story as it is the 'main' story I guess. Wanted to see what would happen next with Vidic from the first game and the end of the second, also some more info on this abstergo employee

The game should have just been Assassins Creed 2.5.
    Not a lot of progress in there and a nice cliffhanger at the end of the game that makes you say " Wtf is that it ? "
    Considering how much we had to do with him in the first game (and to a lesser extent, the second) when he could barely even run, now we don't ge to play as him when he actually becomes useful? I disagree, I would have loved more stuff with Desmond

Definitely !

The game should have just been Assassins Creed 2.5

It is Assassins Creed 2.5 though. You can't call it 2.5 though, so they called it Brotherhood. There will be a third game, called Assassins Creed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kiith wrote: »
    It is Assassins Creed 2.5 though. You can't call it 2.5 though, so they called it Brotherhood. There will be a third game, called Assassins Creed 3.

It's like what GTA Vice City was to GTA 3.

There'd have to be with that ending.
    I got the impression from the credits that someone was in the animus looking at Desmond as an Ancestor or it could be some other subject.

There'd have to be with that ending.
    I got the impression from the credits that someone was in the animus looking at Desmond as an Ancestor or it could be some other subject.

Yes, exactly!

I reckon possibly desmond's son is reliving ezio AND desmond's memories via another animus in teh future. :D

I just wish they'd release it on the pc already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ADGOBE

i dont know why but the multiplayer is really slow for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Rin

One of the few games I've gone back and played after the credits rolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have been laughing at this for about 5 days straight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Can anyone tell me if this game supports local multiplayer at all? Even via system link? Or can you only play online through xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone get this for PC?

Controls via keyboard dont work very well, i find my self picking up dead bodies in combat as the context buttons change very quickly.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Got the PC version.

I think keyboard and mouse are fine with this game. I do occasionaly run into something I don't want and run up the wrong wall but I don't think using a joypad would of made a difference there.

Thankfully the controls are properly labbeled in game for the PC as opposed to those stupid pictographs in AC2.

Performance wise runs well on my PC. Running max settings at 1920x1200 with 4xAA.

Frame rate seems consistently fine. Looks slightly better than AC2 did. Rome is a much larger city than those in 2. A few graphicaly glitches here and there, but noticed them in previous AC games.

Gameplay is more of the same so far, which is good thing in this game. Some new kill animations. Story ticking along nicely.

So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Switched to PS3 pad and issues still there, its annoying mid fight running into a wall or picking up a dead body when you went to grab someone. Same when you want to walk to an edge and drop off.

Really good game just annoying little issues with the controls. Runs very well for me too.

Anyone get the new missions DLC? A few new missions and Templar Lairs, but a few things to add to the story (possibly know who Desmond is with). Also includes new multiplayer characters, a map and multiplayer mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Is it worth 10e?

I looked at the price and screamed at the TV.

In fairness to Ubisoft, everything so far has been free, but 10e seems a bit much....

I think there's about 6 missions, though they're longer and better than the Copernicus ones. The mp characters aren't worth much. So you're really only paying the multiplayer match and mode, and the new story missions and location. €10 might be a bit much, but as you said, everything else was free so far. Plus, there is a bit of advancement in the main story which is interesting.

If you still play the multiplayer, I'd say it's worth the money overall. Plus I think there's a bigger DLC due later in the year, so I'm not sure if it'd be better to have played this first or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As much as I loved this game and the MP, I can't see justification for 10 euro. I wasted 12 euro on the Ass 2 DLC's when they really weren't worth it. That and Ubi admitting they didn't have time to finish the levels in 2 so they made the as DLC. Now as it was said, fair enuff they have been given free stuff but 10 is too much. Basically, for me, it comes down to this DLC or ME2's Arrival (which costs about 6-7 euro) and after Lair of the Shadowbroker, I will def be going for ME2.

Advertisement