Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's definitely worth the €10, in fact its fantastic value if you play the multiplayer a lot.

Single player stuff probably comes to about 2+ hours of gameplay and its actually quite fun, plus the enemies in it are great for finishing shop quests if you're interested.

The new Assasinate mode in multiplayer is fantastic fun, complete free for all and really is a great laugh.

The new skins are meh.

If you're not really into the mulitplayer though, its definitely a hard sell for €10. If you still play the MP loads though, its an easy sell.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

All the DLC released so far comes included in the PC version of AC:B, which is pretty nice as was the case with AC:2.

Let you know what I think of them later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone manage to do the 1st Leonardo War Machine mission without being detected or killing anyone?

Unpossible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Got this Yesterday after having played the Multiplayer to death at a friends house. Nothing got the adrenaline pumping and sweating like a man-child than playing multiplayer :D

Just curious if there is a Boards group? From what I could see on the Multiplayer you can get teams or somthing going, well if anyone is interested for a game or so let me know. Xbox Account is same as my boards name

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to do the 1st Leonardo War Machine mission without being detected or killing anyone?

Unpossible :p

Which one was that?

• Advertisement

Which one was that?

The Machine gun, you have to get to the blueprints without killing anyone. I failed that one a few times so gave up trying and killed everyone.

The Machine gun, you have to get to the blueprints without killing anyone. I failed that one a few times so gave up trying and killed everyone.

I found that one quite handy actually, I think I got lucky though! Saying that, I found the flying machine one absolutely rock hard to take no damage and get full sync and think I left it at half sync as I found it impossibly hard once I was up in the air (the previous bits I wasn't even detected but as soon as I was in the air, goodbye full sync!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My OCD housemate managed to 100% sync every mission. It's certainly possible.

Finished it last night, brilliant game. Deifntley one of my favourites ever but the last few levels are terrible, the minute you pick up the lethal tennis ball the game goes to ****.

From fighting the 30 odd guards which i would have enjoyed with my blades but going BAZOOOOM to anyone within 6 inches of you is kinda crap. The the 15 rounds vs the unkillable bad guy who at the very end becomes an actual challenge (why werent there more like him in the game?).

And the plot sucked too :p

Other than that brilliant game defintley worth buying, favourite moment when you figure out what happens when you have 3 full assassin bars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Finished it last night, brilliant game. Deifntley one of my favourites ever but the last few levels are terrible, the minute you pick up the lethal tennis ball the game goes to ****.
    By the end of the game I wasnt really sure how to use the
    apple
    at all really. Every time I think I understood how it worked, it started to act differently from what I was expecting it to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

By the end of the game I wasnt really sure how to use the
    apple
    at all really. Every time I think I understood how it worked, it started to act differently from what I was expecting it to do.

There is a way to use the
    apple
    correctly but it has been a while since I played it.

If I remember correctly when you pressed the button for a short time light would be emitted and would cover the enemies. Those enemies hit by the light would then start to fight each other. However, if you hold the button for longer the light would be a different colour and enemies hit with the light would be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah, that's how I figured it worked after a while, a long while actually. I kept dying though. But then I realised that it was draining my energy. Been so long since I used it though. Seems like a very odd game/weapon mechanic to impliment. Something which I couldn't get my head around while playing it, but seem to have sussed it out now.
    I'm smart, me!

I didnt figure any of that out only whoever was attacking me died from blood exploding out of their ears. Made some of the fights last a while. For such a great game the end game really did suck from Rodrigo to Lucy.

In fairness to Ubisoft they started out with a good idea but poor implementation in AC1. AC2 and Bros its like each version is a complete redo of the good idea they had at the start.

I prefered the little missions to the main stories, the Courtesan/Hitman etc

Now to find a cheat or mode where i can murder civilians and see how many people actually fit into a haystack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ullrich

Finally came around and tried the multiplayer game. Kinda awesome :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How it's meant to be played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Da Vinci edition of the game is out tomorrow. Includes a token for the DLC, and (I think) the limited edition DLC (2 locations, and 2 MP characters; Harlequin and Officer)

Just finished this, loved the ending. Another huge load of WTF dumped on you, and a trickle of new information.

AC is turning into a nice little sci-fi franchise. Can't wait for AC 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This game is fantastic.

I'm currently on sequence 5 of the single-player however whenever I turn the game on I am immediately drawn into the multiplayer. It really makes you feel like you're playing chess against your opponents; blending into crowds, guessing who your target/ purser is.

Gamertag is "Seamarse" if anyone wants to add me for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kiith wrote: »
    How it's meant to be played :P

Looks a bit silly with the UI elements in the middle of the screen.

Tweet "Bring on the NIGHT!" to @assassinscreed, and when they reach 2012 tweets, they'll release the San Donato By Night MP map :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement