Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamersyde have a Preview up.

Cannot wait for this! I was thinking an all why he doesn't have the Altair armour now makes sense!

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_br_assassin_s_creed_brotherhood-10164_en.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've just put my pre-order in for this with Gamesnash (we have to support our own folks!) having toyed with the idea of the special edition. But we're not getting that cool Jack-in-the-box one and it seems there's only going to be around the 15 hours of game play which isn't a whole lot (gods damn it console consumers and your short attention spans :p) and I'm not convinced I'll get the game time out of the multiplayer, but we'll see...

I'm looking forward to it anyway, AC2 was Game of the Year for me last year without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kharn wrote: »
    I've just put my pre-order in for this with Gamesnash (we have to support our own folks!) having toyed with the idea of the special edition. But we're not getting that cool Jack-in-the-box one and it seems there's only going to be around the 15 hours of game play which isn't a whole lot (gods damn it console consumers and your short attention spans :p) and I'm not convinced I'll get the game time out of the multiplayer, but we'll see...

I'm looking forward to it anyway, AC2 was Game of the Year for me last year without a doubt.

Was fairly sure AC2 had roughly the same amount of gametime if you run through it but can easily be expanded to 20++ hours if you collect everything and do all the side missions, vantage points etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

15 hours is decent if the missions are good and the story is flowing well and going somewhere. I got 30 or so out of AC2, going for the platinum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for this !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This game really can't come soon enough. And 15 hours is plenty. In AC2 I kept skipping the side missions, but gonna try get a platinum this time (Depending on how my online stacks up)

Don't think i'll be getting the platinum in this one since there are multiplayer trophies! Really wish the feathers weren't back tho. Ya, 15 hours is plenty, can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Don't think i'll be getting the platinum in this one since there are multiplayer trophies! Really wish the feathers weren't back tho. Ya, 15 hours is plenty, can't wait for this!

:( Some of the multiplayer trophies will probably be very tough, oh well!

Here is the trophy list, spoilers obviously. Class, there is a
    Fight Club!!

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-news/44804-assassins-creed-brotherhood-trophy-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Looking at that list I reckon that the stumbling block for my platinum will be the multiplayer trophies. However, I plan to assassinate the crap out of everyone so watch out.

• Advertisement

John wrote: »
    Looking at that list I reckon that the stumbling block for my platinum will be the multiplayer trophies. However, I plan to assassinate the crap out of everyone so watch out.

I insanely hate multiplayer trophies. One of my huge problems in Bad Company 2 in getting a platinum is somehow knifing 5 friends and getting 20 destruction kills.

I don't even have 5 friends who own Bad Company 2!!!

I insanely hate multiplayer trophies. One of my huge problems in Bad Company 2 in getting a platinum is somehow knifing 5 friends and getting 20 destruction kills.

Ya, I can really see the single player being the bigger draw and if I wanna play online, i'd probably just throw in Black Ops. Still gonna give the plat ago tho! Can't wait to slit yer throats online! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I had that problem on Little Big Planet (which I wasn't a big fan of anyway) but they don't look that unattainable on ACB.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Fireball Pitcher: The BFBC2 knifing 5 friends trophy, you dont need 5 different friends.. being knifed 5 times by 1 friend will net you thr trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Lads, lets just pool ourselves together some evening and spam the multiplayer trophies. :pac:

Lads, lets just pool ourselves together some evening and spam the multiplayer trophies. :pac:

Sounds good! Feel free to add me on PS3 lads - sheehy83

Just going back now to get my Platinum in AC2! Was playing it for about 3 hours last night and all I have to do now is get the feathers in Venice and wear the rewarding cape after and its my first platinum! The only game I've ever felt interested in 100%ing, hope ACB will be the same!

Got my Platinum! First ever for PS3 and I've had the PS3 since launch. Enjoyable

Anyways,

there's two new videos up on CVG with multiplayer action. Looks pretty good! Can't wait for this game because I know multiplayer will be filled with interested players and not just kids who cause chaos (a la Call of Duty)

Can't wait for this now! Only 6 days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Can't believe I've to wait until Christmas for this....

Awful.

Damn yanks! Load of people got this game early and apparently you can watch the ending on youtube already. Can't go to Gamefaqs anymore, bound to be riddled with spoilers!

Anyway, here is a vid with one of the secret armour's you unlock doing the crypts missions. Game looks amazing, actually looks better than AC2 (yes I know it is probably the exact same) I can't wait for it. Also, there is a lovely Chockeslam at 1:48

Man, he completely failed with the dive into the river! :pac:

Man, he completely failed with the dive into the river! :pac:

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same. I mean if you are gonna make a cool vid to put up on youtube like this, then at least double tap x jumping into the water FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Any word yet on price for ACB on Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I read that this is ''multiplayer focused''. Does that mean they cobbled together a story and rushed it out?
    I like the AC games, the story is quality so I just I hope this isn't some multiplayer cash-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think the story is going to be as good or a deep and involving as AC2, but for an approximate 15 hour single player mode, I'd say the story should be enough to keep us going until AC3 or whatever comes next.

I don't think the story is going to be as good or a deep and involving as AC2, but for an approximate 15 hour single player mode, I'd say the story should be enough to keep us going until AC3 or whatever comes next.

I'd say the story will just be as strong, especially adding in the whole 'sending your assassins on missions to level them up' bit. Devs said this is a complete single player experience but they wanted to add multiplayer to give it a 'complete game feel'. The Brotherhood tag put me off for ages but they said they wil only release Assassins Creed 3 with a new assassin and new location. I can see this being better than Ass 2!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd say the story will just be as strong, especially adding in the whole 'sending your assassins on missions to level them up' bit. Devs said this is a complete single player experience but they wanted to add multiplayer to give it a 'complete game feel'. The Brotherhood tag put me off for ages but they said they wil only release Assassins Creed 3 with a new assassin and new location. I can see this being better than Ass 2!

I agree with you totally. I reckon that you can probably polish off the single player in 14ish hours if you gloss through it, but if you properly train up your brotherhood and interact with them as much as you can you'll have the story upto 20 hours.

My clock on AC2 was at 22 hours playtime and I found it utterly engrossing and felt a lot longer.

Advertisement