Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

sheehy83 wrote: »
    they wil only release Assassins Creed 3 with a new assassin and new location.

AC3 will be set in Egypt if this promo art is anything to go by:
    screenshot_232404.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say the story will just be as strong, especially adding in the whole 'sending your assassins on missions to level them up' bit. Devs said this is a complete single player experience but they wanted to add multiplayer to give it a 'complete game feel'. The Brotherhood tag put me off for ages but they said they wil only release Assassins Creed 3 with a new assassin and new location. I can see this being better than Ass 2!

Well, with AC2, we got to see Ezio go from a young adult to Master Assassin over a period of about 25 years. And with the ending, I doubt we'll have anything that major in relation to the overall story in ACB. More likely keeping such major developments for AC3. I obviously hope I'm wrong though, and at this point, I have complete confidence that even if the story isn't as good as AC2, it'll still be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, was good to see him starting as a young lad being chased out of girls bedroom windows to becoming a master assassin, that kinda progress will be missed here but we will find out soon enough.

Class to know you can
    drop out of tha animus at any time and go exploring the modern day villa as Desmond

Oh ya, sorry if this has been posted before but if ye havn't seen it, I would def recommend the watch. It's 35 minutes long and it's an official movie by Ubisoft showing Ezio's Father and is basically a prequel to Ass 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Booked the day off work Friday. Over to dundrum at opening time and playing this all day. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Frisbee wrote: »
    Booked the day off work Friday. Over to dundrum at opening time and playing this all day. Can't wait :D

I did something similar with 2. Got all the achievements in a week! I'd love to do it again, but I really can't. It'll be a few weeks before I get to play Brotherhood...gonna be tough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eurogamer gave it 10 OUT OF 10!!!!

"Never before have we seen a game whose open world is so densely packed with things to do while maintaining such high quality. Whatever your particular taste, you simply cannot run from one area to another without encountering something else that you want to stop and do. Thanks to the Animus, which frees the developer to break the fourth wall at will, Brotherhood builds an intriguing mystery around compelling characters, surrounds them with collectibles and secrets, and encourages play – and nothing feels out of place."

" a game that started life as what sounded suspiciously like a fund-raising stopgap conceived on the back of an overdrawn chequebook and blurted out during a conference call. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is anything but that, however – it's one of the best games of 2010"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-16-assassins-creed-brotherhood-review

Other review scores (taken from VG247)

Kotaku – No score
    Guardian - 4/5
    Joystiq - 4.5/5
    Destructoid - 9.5
    Eurogamer – 10/10
    MTV – No score
    1UP – A minus
    FileFront – 93/100
    GameInformer – 9.25
    VideoGamer -90/100
    GameTrailers - 9
    Gamespot – 8.5
    IGN – 8.5
    PSM3 – 92/100
    GamesRadar – 9

Christ, Christmas cannot come fast enough for me, all you lucky buggers getting it soon!!

must_not_fap_Gamers-s400x300-33304-535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've loved every bit of this I've played so far, i didn't really like AC1 but did really like AC2, this is a bit better I think ( or maybe that's because its new:D).

Christ, Christmas cannot come fast enough for me, all you lucky buggers getting it soon!!

Wow. I have the day off Friday, getting this first thing. Fireball man, it's gonna be sickening for ya coming on reading about our orgasmic throat slitting stories! Did you say you have to wait til Christmas?

Bottom Line from Kotaku

The Bottom Line
    The game that comes to mind while playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Not since Rockstar's potent crime drama has a game so massive, so polished, so impressively improved from its predecessor been released just a year after the prior installment. But people won't remember how long Brotherhood took to make. They are likely to remember its quality. Ezio's new adventure may be less personal than his previous one, but it is as interesting and as mischievously manipulative of real history as the series has ever been. Nearly bloated with fun things to do Brotherhood is Assassin's Creed in peak form.

http://kotaku.com/5690186/review-assassins-creed-brotherhood-is-the-best-assassins-creed

Wow. I have the day off Friday, getting this first thing. Fireball man, it's gonna be sickening for ya coming on reading about our orgasmic throat slitting stories! Did you say you have to wait til Christmas?

Yeah its the one thing I asked for Christmas, the Codex Edition. Even worse, Play.com mailed me today saying its been shipped.

I'll have to unfollow the thread as the jealousy will be overwhelming! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah its the one thing I asked for Christmas, the Codex Edition. Even worse, Play.com mailed me today saying its been shipped.

I'll have to unfollow the thread as the jealousy will be overwhelming! :)

It was last year I asked my gf for Ass 2 for Christmas. Wasn't too bothered but then read how good it was and saw some vids, I said I'd take a chance. Christmas morning I got an I O U card! Shippers were delayed sending the game. I was gonna leave this one till Christmas but no way can I wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

WOW

What a statement to make, with the comparison to GTA series.

Really Really Really can't wait for this.

Bottom Line from Kotaku

The Bottom Line
    The game that comes to mind while playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Not since Rockstar's potent crime drama has a game so massive, so polished, so impressively improved from its predecessor been released just a year after the prior installment. But people won't remember how long Brotherhood took to make. They are likely to remember its quality. Ezio's new adventure may be less personal than his previous one, but it is as interesting and as mischievously manipulative of real history as the series has ever been. Nearly bloated with fun things to do Brotherhood is Assassin's Creed in peak form.

http://kotaku.com/5690186/review-assassins-creed-brotherhood-is-the-best-assassins-creed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

WOW

What a statement to make, with the comparison to GTA series.

Really Really Really can't wait for this.

Exactly what i was thinking. Amy game mentioned in the same breath as Vice City is worth investigation followed by 72 hours of uninterrupted gameplay...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Mr. K wrote: »
    Eurogamer's review is up:

I think you have been pipped ^^^:)

Wow I can't wait to get this on Friday. 10/10 from Eurogamer and comparisons with Vice City :eek::eek:

Yes, please!

Anyone know how much this will be in HMV? I have a €45 gift card that I've held onto for two months for this game.

I think you have been pipped ^^^:)

Ahem, so I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Drink fueled codex edition has been shipped.

Can't feckin wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Spam

The Gametrailers review reads/sounds like an 8 tbh.

here

They seem to point out alot of the performance issues that Eurogamer conveniently forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

quarryman wrote: »

here

They seem to point out alot of the performance issues that Eurogamer conveniently forget.

I'd be more inclined to go with gametrailers, don't trust anything from Eurogamer 10/10 /? ..what a joke

• Advertisement

I had to google what FAP was hahaha

ahem

Okay lads, 2 more days. Any prices going around? I wanna trade in a few games so i'll ring a few places later and update the thread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I had to google what FAP was hahaha

ahem

Okay lads, 2 more days. Any prices going around? I wanna trade in a few games so i'll ring a few places later and update the thread then.

I'm gonna guess €47/48 in HMV.

53 for the Special Edition in Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I presume this goes on sale on Friday? Wouldnt mind picking it up early! I ignored most of the hype for the game right up until yesterday. Now I cant wait to get it. Love the AC series and platinumed AC2. But because this is multiplayer focused I basically ignored it. And after those reviews, I cant not look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm not a multiplayer fan usually, but it sounds brilliant in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FFFFFUUUUUUUU.....

Apart from this thread, I'm not going anywhere near any other site related to Assassins Creed. Think I just had part of the ending spoiled because I thought they were talking about AC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

quarryman wrote: »

here

I'd usually trust Gametrailers more than Eurogamer (Mafia 2 4/10 :mad:) but the Gametrailers review seemed a little strange to me. They seemed to be suggesting that AC1 was better that AC2 because it was more innovative. I think the majority of people who played both would strongly disagree with this.

Plus, most of their issues with Brotherhood were that it didn't fix things that they found wrong with AC2 such as combat. Well I didn't have any of those issues with AC2 so I don't think I will have them with Brotherhood. Plus, in the end they did give Brotherhood a 9.

Paddy, ya I heard the spoilers of the dning are going round everywhere, including a vid on youtube called gameplay but when u watch it, you get the big fat ending. Only coming on here for Bro Hood stuff and if anyone spoils it on here, I will hack boards.ie, get your personal info and kill you :)

Anyway, I called Xtravison. They wouldn't give me the price. I fell for that with Black ops, not this time. Plus they were well ignorant on the phone so i'll take my business elsewhere!

I called HMV in the Crescent Limerick, love dealing with them. 44.99 and they are giving me 19.99 for SAW. Awesome!! I prebooked, hopefully they will be giving some goodies with it!

HMV FTW!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to go with gametrailers, don't trust anything from Eurogamer 10/10 /? ..what a joke

I generally don't go with Eurogamer because they're usually over harsh on games and rarely give out marks at the higher end. And they very rarely give out 10s, so a Eurogamer 10 stands out.

In fact they've only given 6 other games a 10, Fallout 3, Uncharted 2, Bioshock, GTA4, Rock Band 3, and Super Street Fighter IV, so when they give a good review score I generally take note of it.

• Advertisement

I generally don't go with Eurogamer because they're usually over harsh on games and rarely give out marks at the higher end. And they very rarely give out 10s, so a Eurogamer 10 stands out.

In fact they've only given 6 other games a 10, Fallout 3, Uncharted 2, Bioshock, GTA4, Rock Band 3, and Super Street Fighter IV, so when they give a good review score I generally take note of it.

yeah but look at that list:

GTA4 a perfect 10? Not a chance.

Fallout 3 wasn't a 10/10 either for me.

Advertisement