Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They gave fable 2 a 10 as well iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

quarryman wrote: »
    yeah but look at that list:

GTA4 a perfect 10? Not a chance.

Fallout 3 wasn't a 10/10 either for me.

At the time GTA recieved reviews like that across the board. Retrospectively no, its not a 10, but at the time it was something very special.

Fallout 3 I can't comment on as although I have the game, its actually gathered dust as I was sidetracked.

GT suggest that AC1 was the better game over AC2; that AC2 was a sanded down experience of AC1 and that AC2 was "playing it safe" and failed to create a creative spark. Remarks like that make me wonder if the reviewer even played AC2 as it was a vastly improved game over its predecessor and if anything took risks rather than sanding down the core game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ShaneU wrote: »

I was referencing the PS3 version sorry. I should have said that earlier :)

Anyone know how much this will be in HMV? I have a €45 gift card that I've held onto for two months for this game.

€45!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

ShaneU wrote: »
    €45!

Nice. Looks like it's all coming up:

2uiyesl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I was shown the Codex Edition in Gamestop today. It's pretty, but smaller than expected. I really should get out of the habit of getting the expensive versions of AC games...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd love the codex edition but no way I could afford it. I just hope Ubisoft don't say "we didn't have time to finish the game so we are selling the delayed missions as DLC"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Really looking forward to this but I can't make up my mind whether to get the PS3 or Xbox version.
    I know the PS3 version of AC2 came in for some criticism, but ACB on PS3 is supposed to be sorted and I think comes with some extras over its Xbox counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd prefer to get it on PS3, but I think I've more mates getting it on the Xbox, so I'll be going for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Alot of reviews i've read have hinted towards better performance on PS3, however nothing concrete, will just have to wait for the Digital Foundry article!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I really hope this gets to me tomorrow morning now......I really don't want to have to wait the whole weekend!

I really hope this gets to me tomorrow morning now......I really don't want to have to wait the whole weekend!

why would you have to wait til Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Because there's no post on Saturday and Sunday.

aahhhh ordered online, I see. Couldn't leave that to chance. Will be calling in to HMV 1st thing to pick up mine. Can't wait to do more secret locations for armour, they were class in Ass 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

John wrote: »
    Because there's no post on Saturday and Sunday.

SpottersBadge.jpg

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The post has gotten rubbish lately, ive had 3 games stolen the majority now take over a week to get from the UK ! and the postman wont come if its raining.

Its really put me off using any one other than amazon as they can post from Dublin.

Alot of reviews i've read have hinted towards better performance on PS3, however nothing concrete, will just have to wait for the Digital Foundry article!

And here it is

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-brotherhood-face-off

Similar article here, Lens of Truth

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24367

360 version looks much better in some of those, like the rays of light entering the cathedral, which are completely missing on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

And the 360 wins another one.

Slight differences between formats don't bother me at all but has the PS3 ever won one of these face offs? The 360 always seems to get the upper hand.

• Advertisement

Final Fantasy XIII comes to mind.

Final Fantasy XIII comes to mind.

Sorry. I meant good games.

Woops, i forgot who i was replying to there for a while :rolleyes:

Woops, i forgot who i was replying to there for a while :rolleyes:

hey! i don't think i've ever expressed an opinion on the FF series actually. Just going by the reviews on that one.

sorry didn't want to derail the thread here....

quarryman wrote: »
    hey! i don't think i've ever expressed an opinion on the FF series actually. Just going by the reviews on that one.

sorry didn't want to derail the thread here....

Think i may have gotten you mixed up with someone else so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So what are the instore prices + are any stores offering extra stuff (dlc) like hmv sometimes do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    So what are the instore prices + are any stores offering extra stuff (dlc) like hmv sometimes do?

Game have a special editon: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=14635&cm_sp=AssassinsCreed-_-TopNav-_-Brotherhood

Gamestop and Play.com have the fancy Codex edition, but they're pretty much sold out:
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/3-/324969/2-/Promo.html?dpr=324969

I suspect the DLC stuff these isn't very substantial, I wouldn't go too far out of your way to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

HMV often have a deal on big releases like a free Blu-ray with the PS3 version or t-shirt be around €45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gonna head down to dundrum early tomorrow morning and see if Tesco have it on special, and what HMV are going to be offering with it. I'll report back if anything special is up for grabs.

• Advertisement

Gonna head down to dundrum early tomorrow morning and see if Tesco have it on special, and what HMV are going to be offering with it. I'll report back if anything special is up for grabs.

do report back on that one. That's where I'll be getting mine.

Advertisement