Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

About 30 mins in.

It says a lot about a game when you play a sequel after shelving the previous one a year previous and whole experience feels so natural.

Anyway lots of cut scenes flying by and I've realized after 2 games (and now thr 3rd), I haven't the clue what the story is about. Don't care though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Loving it so far. Only on Sequence 5 as I've been dicking about destroying Borgia Towers and the like.

The combat is great, mush more fluid than AC2.
    Also love building up my Assassins guild, great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The linking of kills is excellent. It takes a bit of skill to effortlessly go from kill to kill, knowing when to counter, and when to attack. Got up to 17 kills in a row within about 15 seconds, which was satisfying.

chrislad wrote: »
    The linking of kills is excellent. It takes a bit of skill to effortlessly go from kill to kill, knowing when to counter, and when to attack. Got up to 17 kills in a row within about 15 seconds, which was satisfying.

what is the trick to this? Still haven't got the hang of it. (I'm more of a button masher).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Is anyone playing the multiplayer on PS3?

It's taking me ages to find games most times. I guess maybe not enough people are playing yet

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    what is the trick to this? Still haven't got the hang of it. (I'm more of a button masher).

You need to hold RT and press X at the right time to initiate a counter. Once you kill, release RT, and use X and a direction to instantly kill that guard. The guard that is about to attack you will have their health flash red before they attack, so keep an eye out so you can either get them first or hold RT and X to counter them and keep the streak going. It can get quite intense.

In all honesty, the in-game training is very, very good for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

gonna pick it up in the mornin, please add me on the PSN : Pforce is my ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Awesome game, only downside is the framerate in Roma which is jarring compared to the 30fps early on.

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Awesome game, only downside is the framerate in Roma which is jarring compared to the 30fps early on.

The fps is a bit ropey isn't it? I don't remember Ass 2 having similar performance.

The fps is a bit ropey isn't it? I don't remember Ass 2 having similar performance.

I played assasins creed 2 yesterday to finish it before brotherhood came out and the framerate is slightly better in brotherhood (compareing it to Venice as thats the biggest area in AC2) which is amazing considering the vast size difference between Venice and Rome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm actually not too pushed with this at the moment. The controls are a hell of a lot more fiddly when free running and it's driving me f*cking insane. Especially when you're trying to escape and you start running up a random wall.

The other thing that's really ruining it at times is the sheer amount of enemies who chase you. There's hundreds of the c*nts popping up everywhere and you can't just outrun them as some have bizarre superhuman speed and always catch up with you. It makes things exciting at times, but when you're just trying to get through the city and they jump you, I end up just letting them kill me as it's the faster solution.

It's strange, because I normally hate multiplayer and love singleplayer games, but it's he opposite with this.

I'm also getting a lot of pop up with the characters, which isn't always a problem but occasionally a guard pops up right in front of me. And i'd like a little more give when in a crowd. They tend to push you out of the group at the most inopportune times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only on Sequence 3 at the mo, bloody tons to do. thought I had a handle on things and then found the list of stuff to do for the various levels in each of the guilds. The truth puzzlesd are far harder too, just gave up on 2 of them, gonna have to brewak out the pencil + paper and start figuring this **** out.

Not touched MP yet but the focus on stalking your prey and bidding yer time appeals to me over the traditional headless chicken running and gunning 99.99999% of MP amounts to these days.

Am seeing why this got such high review scores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd forgotten how ****ing annoying it is when you spend five minutes carefully picking your way up to the top of a tall building only for the camera angle to suddenly switch around and ezio suicides down to the street

i can't see myself playing this game for longer than half an hour at a time, it just gets so ****ing annoying when **** like that happens.

still, at least i'll get my moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I played about 2 hours of 1v1 Manhunt multiplayer. Very refreshing and innovative, I have to say. I can't wait to try it with a few mates and on different modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this earlier, should have given AC2 a runout just to get used to the free running and climbing again.
    I'm constantly running into a wall, jumping and then jumping back off the same wall, frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is anyone else finding destroying the Borgia towers waaaaaaaay too easy?

Haven't had to use the help of Assassins/Thieves/Mercenaries once and I've only like three left to destroy. As soon as you kill the captain most of the guards just leg it.

6 hours in now.

Vice City me hole.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding destroying the Borgia towers waaaaaaaay too easy?

Haven't had to use the help of Assassins/Thieves/Mercenaries once and I've only like three left to destroy. As soon as you kill the captain most of the guards just leg it.

It's easy alright. The hardest part is making sure there are no stragglers who see you climbing the tower and shoot you down! I'm on Sequence 4, and I've done all the towers that are accessible, think I only have 3 left to do.

I don't really mind though. The game isn't about being hard, it's about feeling like a powerful assassin, and there's plenty in the game to keep you occupied.

I cant seem to connect to ubisofts server :(, I can play all other online games on my ps3 perfectly fine. Im using an eircom router and my ps3 says nat type 3 can someone help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The killing streak mechanic works beautifully. It's like pulling off a 40+ combo in Arkham Asylum, only instead of knocking people out you're stabbing them in the face. It's incredibly satisfying to get ambushed, go all "whirlwind of death" on them and walk away 15 seconds later from a pile of bodies without having taken a scratch.

Story's looking good, Rome is gorgeous, music is excellent, controls are as fluid as ever. I was skeptical about the single player, but I'm happy to be wrong. I might even try the multiplayer sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Multiplayer works so well. I'm loving it.

There's so many people running around in the open and on rooftops thinking they're playing Modern Warfare. They don't last long, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pleasantly surprised so far... I'm only a few memories in, but they seem to have done the impossible and improved on the fantastic AC II in the space of a year! (especially loving the new kill chain system!)

It seemed like a quick cash in at a first glance, but actually sitting down with a joypad in hand has soon gotten rid of those concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

USSJTRUNKS, try get your NAT to type 2 or 1, easy to get it to 1 on Eircom. Look up the Playstation boards for guides on that. I'm on NAT 2 with Chorus and had no problems getting a game, very quick.

Was well funny when I got out of the Animus and pressd Triangle on
    statue of Altair:
    Desmond: Hey, Wasssa madda you Altair?
    Rebecca: Thats racist!!
    Desmond: Your'e Racist!!!

The training is well tough to get gold in. Did the beginner free run training, was tough enough, never knew about the min jump you can do by tapping x while running.

The guild challenges are brilliant in this as well, tons to do! Oh, the chess game in the Subject 16 puzzles are class as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh ya, lads can anyone one help me with MP.

If you see a guy acting a dope giving himself away and is obviously an assassin, do you get any points for killing/slapping him if he is not after you?

I've been wanting to try the humiliation slap thing but dunno how it works.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

picked this up in hmv galway earlier, if anybody is trading in old games i would recommend these guys, got 15e for god of war 1 and 2 pack, 7.50 for red faction and the same for bad company 1.

what do people think overall that have played it for a few hours or so? is it a bit better overall than as2 do ya think?

from playing the first few battles the combat seems more responsive and fine tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was a little worried with the first hour or two. Game just felt strange and less interesting than AC2. But I'm in Sequence 5, and the game has completely redeemed itself. Once again, they have improved on almost every aspect. Loving it so far.

Also, I'm loving the Cristina missions where you
    go back to Ezio's early life. Fills in some blanks in the story, and also has that nostalgia feeling, even though the previous game was only last year :D

Also enjoying the Desmond sequences. Even thouh nothing really happens, there are some bit (conversations/emails) which a very entruiging if you're into the whole story of Assassin's Creed. Little things, but very interesting

And when you get a few Assassins, the Arrow Storm is fantastic when you first use it. Was taking over a Borgia Tower and saw the General and almost 10 soldiers standing around. Held L2.... :eek:.... :D.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

1096909812_QAieR-L.jpg

This is what happens when you trap eight sociopaths in a multiplayer murder simulator

Penny Arcade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

¬_¬

Stupid weekend........

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Whhooooah! I've got the game and I have no time to play! I have to work this weekend. Whatever! Taking a day off on Monday :D You are all so lucky *envy*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Despite having loved AC2, this didn't really register on my radar until about a week or two ago - mostly because I wasn't sure whether it was multiplayer add-on or cheap cash-in or what - but three hours in I'm glad to say it's everything I could have hoped for.

Advertisement