Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Having main story missions be reliant on completing Assassin team missions would be a bad move if your team gets wiped on one mission and you have to train up another team to complete it just so Ezio knows which house is the right one or something. Would really break the flow of the game and have the potential to send Kharn into another shouty fit of rage :p

Actually yeah, that's a good point I suppose. Either way, they definitely have a good basis to work from for the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did anyone play the facebook game and sync it up wit hthe proper game? What does it unlock?

Also, anyone do the Shop Quests? AFAIK it's just collecting items, I don't have a full list of them collected yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how do you get the shop quests?

one of the blacksmiths I unlocked had a captains sword that I want, but said ai have to do the shop quest first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you've acquired enough certain items (ambergris, buddhist prayer beads, silk, whatever) by looting bodies and/or having your team finish missions, you can pop in to the shop and exchange them for the item you want. There should be a list of what they'll trade it for in the shop menu. Simple. Well, in theory. Getting the items take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, getting the items takes ages. I had no idea what was going on when I first started playing, looted a body, and it said I got a Tomato :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I didn't know what all these random items were for so I just thought they were another way of raising some cash and kept selling loads of them! Could probably have completed one or two shop quests with all the stuff I sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did anyone play the facebook game and sync it up wit hthe proper game? What does it unlock?

Also, anyone do the Shop Quests? AFAIK it's just collecting items, I don't have a full list of them collected yet.

Project Legacy its called and I've found it quite addictive, I haven't unlocked anything yet because I'm only on chapter 3 of 4 in the Italian wars pack

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As soon as I was getting "RANDOM ITEM X" from treasure chests bodies I said to myself "Never sell ANY of these things as you're going to need them for something" and I was thankfully right. Captain's Sword is the only one I've got so far. I'm close with the
    large crossbow quiver and Vatican treasure map
    . I was less than impressed I must admit wandering through the first Followers of Remus quest and getting fecking Tomatoes and very little money from the chests. I dunno how they're still fresh either being stuck in my pocket with me running riot around the place :p

Also, the Facebook game I believe unlocks certain Capes to wear in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You can get a bonus 80 Xp for your Assassin cohorts every few hours from the Facebook game, there also capes and the special missions in AC:B (they have big stars listing the difficulty instead of diamonds), when finished ingame, can be completed further in the Facebook game and gain another Xp bonus for whichever Assassins completed it. Bit pointless when most are 5 stars and need 4 Level 10 Assassins to get 100% win chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I loved the Assassin Brotherhood part. I think it was perfect the way it was. Nothing beats walking through Rome to the Castello, taking a quick look at the 4 or 5 guards at the gate, doing a fist pump and having them all die in a hail of arrows, while you stroll past non chalantly in the panic that ensues.

Class.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    I loved the Assassin Brotherhood part. I think it was perfect the way it was. Nothing beats walking through Rome to the Castello, taking a quick look at the 4 or 5 guards at the gate, doing a fist pump and having them all die in a hail of arrows, while you stroll past non chalantly in the panic that ensues.

Class.

Ya, didn't think i'd be using it much but when you are trying to get 100 sync by not being detected, it comes in quite handy. Love the little whistles and one of my guys comes flying out of no where. However, I didn't like when 2 of my guys were fighting a crossbow guard. They were all standing right beside each other and my guys were blasting him with pistols, like 4 or 5 shots. Theres me trying to be quite on the roof and there's a shoot out going on!

Thanks for the facebook game info lads, must give it a go!

Man that Project Leverage game is fair annoying. Takes way too long to build up AP. Then when you do, oh you need to do another memory to unlock a chance item first. Can't see me investing too much time in this. Crappy work, wanna play brohood!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not going to bother with the facebook game, it probably spams up your feed as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not going to bother with the facebook game, it probably spams up your feed as well

Hasn't done for me yet. It gives you the option of posting crap on your wall, but doesn't seem to do it behind your back.
    If you liked Mafia Wars, then you'll like this. (and likewise if you hate Mafia Wars then you'll detest this!)

Ya, I liked mafia wars till it got to the point I needed chance items for missions. Became a balls then. Now with this one, I just tried to do a mission. Said I needed a chance item and took me to an earlier mission. Okay, tried that one and said I needed a chance item from an even earlier mission. It took me to that one. Finally got the item and couldn't even remember what I was doing in the 1st place! Bad game design. Glad Brotherhood is nowhere like this :)

Must look into the UPLAY points as well.

How is everyone getting on online?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ya, I liked mafia wars till it got to the point I needed chance items for missions. Became a balls then. Now with this one, I just tried to do a mission. Said I needed a chance item and took me to an earlier mission. Okay, tried that one and said I needed a chance item from an even earlier mission. It took me to that one. Finally got the item and couldn't even remember what I was doing in the 1st place! Bad game design. Glad Brotherhood is nowhere like this :)

Must look into the UPLAY points as well.

How is everyone getting on online?

You can keep hitting back and that will bring you through the missions you were on.

L'prof wrote: »
    You can keep hitting back and that will bring you through the missions you were on.

Ya, I was doing that but point is it just became so mindless just to get a fancy cape or something. I'm mad for some unlocks in the real game, hope they come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So much to do in this game, it's brilliant. I haven't touched a story mission since Friday night. Just been building up my recruits (5 assassins now), destroying towers, repairing districts and doing side missions like Leonardo's war machines and the templar agent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

amazing game.

I was frustrated with the inaccessible map areas aswell, and thought it had glitched, but there is a way around it to get to the exclamation marks on your map, its just that the viewpoint is inaccessible so you will have to look for it

multiplayer is ok, could be better but makes a good change to the CODs etc.Just finished the story today and still not bored of it.

The Assassin recruitment is a nice touch, and being able to call them to help you out is great

Great game, and will be putting another hour or so into it when I get home from nightshift

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Story done, 10 fully trained assassins, everywhere rebuilt. Now onto the glyphs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm shocked at how well thought out the Multiplayer aspect is. Some people will love it because it's so different, and some people will get frustrated with it.

I've barely touched the single player. I can't stop playing online.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm shocked at how well thought out the Multiplayer aspect is. Some people will love it because it's so different, and some people will get frustrated with it.

I've barely touched the single player. I can't stop playing online.

Ya, love how they did the multiplayer but really trying to finish Single player first. Sick of the spoilers all over the web, can't read about it any more.

Some great multiplayer vids by these guys. Voices are fair annoying but shows some great gameplay except everyone is mad for running round rooftops.

For anyone who hasn't played online yet, here is the jist of it

Oooh. I dunno. That's exactly how you shouldn't play it imo. Hyperactive Modern Warfare style. I've learned how to use the gun to take down a flaily rooftop running targets like that. Sometimes if my new target is just running frantically around the place, I'll just ignore it until the contract is over, because if you chase him, you'll trigger a run from the guy chasing you and it becomes a mess.

Running from the get go like that will work in some games with other players that are doing the same, I just think that makes it like every other game. I was playing a few higher level guys last night who were brilliant and calculated. I got up to level 20 with about 4 hours of gametime which is decent enough and the unlocks are so much fun. I'm so impressed with it.

I got killed FROM a bush last night too. I don't know if the guy was waiting there long to get the achievement or whatever, but he got loads of xp for it. I had to hand it to him, it looked amazing.

I got killed FROM a bush last night too. I don't know if the guy was waiting there long to get the achievement or whatever, but he got loads of xp for it. I had to hand it to him, it looked amazing.

That's what Multiplayer is all about imo. Not running around rooftops and executing everyone you come near, player or NPC.

A guy got me fromon top of an archway the other day, he must have been following me and ran ahead and took up position, was cool to see him swoop down from about 12 foot and double blade my skull.
    I also managed to kill someone in a hay bale on my first game, saw them jump in and just wandered up and stabbed it, great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

After the warnings about not turning off the game while logged out of the animus, I decided to start off by logging out of the animus, searching the area and then going back into it. But when I tried to get back into the animus, even though it said "press any button to interact" it wouldn't do anything. I'd lined up a cornucopia of expletives to let loose when I luckily managed to get the right angle and it let me in.

I think I'm just not going to bother with logging out at all. It's not worth it.

Frisbee wrote: »
    That's what Multiplayer is all about imo. Not running around rooftops and executing everyone you come near, player or NPC.

Exactly. On that carnival type level with the seats on top of this stands, some guy shot me from there. I remember seeing 3 identical guys sitting down and right enough, it was one of them. He must have sat down, morphed the bench to make it hard for his assasin to find him and just waiting in the stands until he saw me. Clever stuff.

Exactly. On that carnival type level with the seats on top of this stands, some guy shot me from there. I remember seeing 3 identical guys sitting down and right enough, it was one of them. He must have sat down, morphed the bench to make it hard for his assasin to find him and just waiting in the stands until he saw me. Clever stuff.

It's stuff like that that's giving me an incentive to play MP. The upgrades etc you can unlock will make for a nice wide variety of executions. I've barely played MP, only level 4 or something. But once I finish the single player I'll get stuck into it proper.

I've only a basic level of Morph, so I can only turn 4 NPCs around me into my model. Sometimes people pick the right one and get me, sometimes they don't and I get a bonus for misleading someone to kill an NPC and sometimes they use Firecracker, which makes all NPCs scatter and identified your target (as he or she won't be on hunkered down clutching their eyes and it blinds them so if they do run they go straight into a wall.

Also, if you see an NPC with your model standing beside a bush, jump in and wait. There's no way your assasin will get that one right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ya, love how they did the multiplayer but really trying to finish Single player first. Sick of the spoilers all over the web, can't read about it any more.

Some great multiplayer vids by these guys. Voices are fair annoying but shows some great gameplay except everyone is mad for running round rooftops.

For anyone who hasn't played online yet, here is the jist of it

Ugh DSP, what a typical annoying American douche.

Advertisement