Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque with ulster bank

Options
  • 27-08-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am receiving a refund from Power City for a faulty laptop by cheque on monday. Its for €630, how long does it usually take for ulster bank to clear the cheque and how long before I can withdraw the money? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Depends on a number of things:-

Who you bank with.... BOI to an other bank = 5 days; BOI to BOI 3 days and so on the same basis for all banks

Is your account cleared for funds? Then same chq is available for withdrawal straight away but you take the risk that the chq could be unpaid in 3 or 5 days depending on how long it takes to clear as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

The cheque is from AIB and I am paying it into Ulster Bank. Will I not be able to spend straight away. First time to use cheque and I only have the account since January?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

you will have to wait the guts of a week before you can spend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Advertisement