Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy tea?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy loose tea leaves, mostly Oolong. The health food shop type place in Pauls St. shopping centre only ever has peppermint. I tried Mr.Bells in the market too but didn't see much. Where else can I get tea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's a tea and coffee and associated paraphernalia shop called Gurmans on Fenns Quay (top of the Mardyke and on the right-hand side just before you turn right for Washington Street, right by the court-house).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Mahers on Oliver Plunkett St, just down from the GPO has leaf teas. The selection isn't as large as in the place above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Snoogans

What you're looking for is a brand new little shop on McCurtain St. called Little Buddha. Was in there with my housemate the other day, shop is run by a very nice lady who's slightly too keen a salesperson, but they have a lot of stuff there, including your oolong, if I'm not mistaken. Also some nice coffees and a load of exotic teas I'd practically class as novelteas. I doubt it'll be the type of shop that lasts very long where it is, so take advantage of it while it's there!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

The Natural Choice supermarket upstairs beside Other Realms in Paul Street shopping centre has a whole aisle dedicated to different teas. I'm sure you'd find some there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭munstercork

Called into the Little Budda this morning, wow what aromas hit you when you get in the door, fantastic, bought some tea and ground coffee, and had a coffee to go, super stuff cant wait to try out the tea.

Get in there and let your senses go wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I walked past, and it seemed to be all tea. What was the coffee to go like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I've been in the shop, great little place. My one concern was that the tea/coffee would degrade over time though given the way they are stored (glass jars) - am I wrong?

Advertisement