Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good pub to watch a match on Saturday Evening in Naas!

Options
  • 27-08-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Have had a look at the other info on naas pubs on here...but was wondering if anyhow could advise me....

Want to go watch the match Saturday evening in Naas, have some friends coming up and we are are living in Sallins, havent been out in Naas much so far so dont know it too well...where would be good to go to see the match, and get some food while we are out, dont want anywhere too busy, just a nice easy going pub!

Any suggestion??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

What match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Sorz should have said, the evening premier league match man u west ham, just though it would be nice to go out early in the evening for it

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Hayden's is as good as any with 4 tv's in the place.

Cool thanks, do they do food??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

Graces wont be beaten for Match viewing and banter!Great screens and great pint:)

• Advertisement

Curlz24 wrote: »
    Graces wont be beaten for Match viewing and banter!Great screens and great pint:)

i will keep it in mind, thanks! Do they do food??! And will there be seats? yes seats are v.important now, god I am an oldie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Haydens the best, although they dont do food.
    There are a no. of food options close by though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Graces, despite being the most annoying pub to socialize in at night, is for me the best pub in Naas to watch a match in on a Saturday afternoon. They used to have the foreign channels that meant they showed two or three of the 3oc kick offs at a time and could have up to 5 games a day on a Saturday (nothing better than going in for the 12.30 kick off and going home at 8 having watched 3 games!) but Im not sure if they still have the foreign channels these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Interesting that the OP had a decent enough pub on their doorstep in Sallins that had the match on and serves reasonably priced food as well;

Boss Byrnes.

Naas has some good sports pubs, but they lack food facilities. Haydens and Graces are grand for match atmosphere and pints, but you just can't get some belly liner in them. The Monread Lodge isn't too bad lately and I think they do a pint and a burger for 5.95 at the weekends on top of a reasonably priced menu. Lots of screens too and guaranteed to hear the commentary.

Lawlors have tellies and food, but you won't hear the match commentary! Naas was always a town that had terrible pub grup options, especially at weekends when you want to combine it with a match.

Advertisement