Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westpoint upgrades

Options
  • 27-08-2010 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

so they had the female changing rooms and showers closed last week. this week it's the gents. anyone seen the new female ones, have they changed much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

PITA being closed :(

Not a fan of the new screen up above on the walls of the pool ceiling now. No sound?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

which screen? when was a screen put in? what's on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

They removed the individual screens on the cross-trainers and treadmills and instead have put 3-4 big TVs mounted on the tarpaulins over the pool.
    They have no sound, only teletext subtitles.

i'm wondering more about the changing rooms here. they've been closed for a week. must be some serious work going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Rosita

HungryJoey wrote: »

Sorry, I cannot work out what this means.

• Advertisement

i assume he means "pain in the ass"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Instead of having the benches around the edge of the room (along the lockers) it's now one big bench in the middle for everyone to use which is kind of horrible. Much more private when you could turn your back to people.

They've also installed new lockers, which are narrower (only barely wide enough to fit a gym bag) and more awkward to use because of the placement of the lock.

are the lockers more secure? did they upgrade showers / toilets at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Couldn't tell ya. I'm a member in a different gym, I was just comparing gyms to a friend of mine who goes to westpoint and she happened to mention the changes. Didn't mention anything about toilets or showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

HungryJoey wrote: »

Not a fan of the new screen up above on the walls of the pool ceiling now. No sound?!

So there arent individual tv's anymore, that sucks ! So everyone now has to watch whatever is on the big screen - and without any sound ?! Who thought that would be a good idea...
    No doubt some hair brained idea to save ben more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

just listen to tunes. i dont watch the tele when i am using them anyway. i dont understand how people do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The lads changing rooms now have communal benches in the centre.Which means that if you're ever in there when it's busy expect to have no space to put your towel or clothes down.

The new lockers are awful, I can understand they put them in because there was a shortage of lockers, but there just isn't enough room in them. There's no shelf either so you can't put your clean clothes and items separate to your sweaty gym clothes/bag. Disappointed.

The showers haven't changed at all, well except for new soap dispensers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

yeah the new lockers are crap, gym bag wont fit in it properly and forget trying to hang a shirt/pants up and a gym back in the same locker.

communal benchs are tiny also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well those changes mean that they have lost a prospective customer. It was bad enough before, but I'm not going back there again.

Advertisement