Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burnout at work

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I started a new job 5 months ago and I was just glad to get a job in this climate. The problem is i feel there are too many demands being made on me. I am constantly working after hours to meet requirements and deadlines.

My boss also seems to change his mind weekly about what job I should be doing so I am never able to set a goal in mind. People who do similar jobs to me within the company are scattered to different parts of the company so I have no-one to turn to for advice. I have also got a lot less experience in this field than a lot of my colleagues so this is making me feel a bit lacking in confidence.

I am staring to feel very depressed and down going to work. I would like to enjoy my job but I'm starting to feel burned out from the constant work and stress. My health is suffering and I feel constanly irritated and anxious.

I don't know how to improve the situation. My other colleagues seem to cope with their workload so I'm afraid if i say anything I'll draw attention to the fact that im sinking.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement