Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Nomad NTSC/PAL, 50/60Hz and LCD mod

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just finished this mod, easy to do really.
    Glue gun was the best investment I've made in a long time :D

Used the following pages as reference; this page for the NTSC/PAL & 50/60Hz mod

This page for the LCD screen replacement.

Some pics, didn't take too many;

Pre modding, wasn't so 'perfect' condition the seller stated. Will get another screen cover when I get a chance.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=125704&stc=1&d=1282944252

Mid modding :) using camera yea can see the video cables at the top right of the screen. I used a video source so i can center the screen before its hot glued.
    Note the old screen has already been removed and de-soldered from the controller board. The Nomad is made up of two boards, a controller/video board and a system board.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=125702&stc=1&d=1282944080

Post modding and it worked!
    This is before I refitted the screen cover.
    Yea hold start when turning on the console if a game requires 50Hz when its turning on, like if its checking region.
    Hold (or don't) A when turning the machine on to make it switch between US/JPN, or it would seem EUR/JPN/US with a combo of the 50/60Hz switch.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=125706&stc=1&d=1282945240

If folks want more photos just ask and I can open her up again and take more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice!!!! Well done :)

Now, care to do mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice!!!! Well done :)

Now, care to do mine :D

If yea trust me to do it, no bother - can do it for yea.
    You might need to order up that screen if yea want the screen mod done. The 50/60Hz and PAL/NTSC mod can be done in a few min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well done man, screen looks very crisp. How much did all the mod bits come to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well done man, screen looks very crisp. How much did all the mod bits come to?

Only needed to buy the replacement screen which was about 40euro shipped.
    The Nomad cost 85euro shipped from the US

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The screen is a special kind of brilliant, especially compared to the awful original one.
    I want one, now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just witnesses this first hand at the beers.

:eek: I'm blown away. Absolutely amazing picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marcusrushy

hi there. I have done these mods today but I am having trouble with streets of rage 2 pal. the screen flickers and the sound goes slow. street fighter 2 pal works fine. has anyone got and ideas thanks.

Advertisement