Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Cup Final 2010

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Leeds vs Warrington.

Who's your money on?

I think this will be tight. Leeds without Peacock can look a little rudderless. It's not that I think he does any great organising job nut he is there "go to" man. When they become devoid of ideas Peacock is always ready to take a settler up and pull in defenders to make that little bit of room for 6/7/9 to attack. I don't think the loss is as great as it would have been a few seasons back though. Leeds have a winning mentality and know what it takes inthe big games.

Warrington will be up for it as defending Champions but the atmosphere tomoroow will be a bit different than when they played Huddersfield last season. Their fans will be expectant and might start to get impatient if things aren't going there way, while the Leeds fans will be more voiciferous than their West Yorkshire neighbours. I also think that Smith will regret leaving a play maker of Mylers quality out of the squad.

My hope is for Leeds to win it with a late try coming from a Morley penalty and a Mathers mistake :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Really hard one to call. Warrington should do it, but Leeds have a habit of getting results when it matters over the last few years.

Some unreal goalline defence.
    Nice start to the match, stupid college stopping me from being there.

Who the hell was in charge of the jerseys? :pac:

Wire's second try, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

What on earth is happening to Leeds! 14-0 down at HT!!! OMG:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Leeds didn't deserve to win it. The forwards failed to man up and it was obvious that they were too willing to let the backs do the donkey work.

A few key decisions went against the Rhinos and Silverwood will probably be unhappy to have missed out on the Lance Todd to Briers as he was just as influential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched highlights this morning, Leeds started like a train, hammered Warringtons line for 5 mins, couldn't get over and that was it for the rest of the half, one way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

so out of interest, how would folks rate this as a game?

Just curious because I normally only watch the NRL games so never get to see the UK stuff but I was near a tv when it was starting and gave it a look. I got the impression that the commentators were disappointed at the quality which is always going to happen when a final turns into a one sided affair.

Anyway, what do folks think?

It was probably 40-50th percentile of a Friday night Super League match, though they'd tend to be the more competitive matches of the weekly rounds. Also I watched an NRL match live on Paddy Power the other days, South Sydney and Parramatta and the NRL is still stupidly far ahead of the SL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

old gregg wrote: »
    so out of interest, how would folks rate this as a game?

Just curious because I normally only watch the NRL games so never get to see the UK stuff but I was near a tv when it was starting and gave it a look. I got the impression that the commentators were disappointed at the quality which is always going to happen when a final turns into a one sided affair.

Anyway, what do folks think?

I thought it was a poor game. First 5 mins started brightly but as soon as warrington hit their straps it became a bit dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Fabulous occasion, wembley was magnificent, serious atmosphere for the first 15-20 until Wire ran away with it...weird how Leeds seemed competitive for large parts of the game but Warrington were hugely clinical and that defence was amazing. Fair play to warrie, got to be looking good for the double. As for Leeds back to the drawing board alas...big game against Hull next weekend for fourth place...

• Advertisement
Advertisement