Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New piercing

Options
  • 27-08-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I ngot my eyebrow pierced last week and it feels sore now and there seems to be a small lump near it.

It was done with no clamp and I dont know if it supposed to be pierced like that or not.

i have 3 other piercings and none of them ever got infected or tried to reject so i dont know what is up with this one would the salt and water soak help this in any way or do anythin,

thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Hi Glenn, piercing an eyebrow without a clamp is not uncommon. In fact if done properly it's probably the best way to ensure, or minimise the chance of rejection. The key to a good eyebrow piercing is the jewellery, it should, initially anyway, be a curved barbell. Yes rings or straight bars will work, but the most sucessful in terms of healing etc is a curved barbell.
    Since it's a week old, any pain should be going or gone. When you freehand an eyebrow you break the skin on entrance, move the needle between the flesh and the bone, then "feel" around for your premarked exit. It sounds like when they were "feeling around" they may have torn or nicked a piece of flesh underneath, resulting in the soreness and lump you feel.
    Salt water won't do any harm although make sure to dry the area thoroughly as wet piercings don't heal. My personal favorite is lavender or tea tree oil, dilute of course, 5% is sufficient. That should get rid of the soreness in the piercing although if the lump is caused by torn tissue it may be some time before it dissipates.
    It may not be any harm letting another local piercer have a look as its usually much easier to diagnose if you see the problem than it is if you have it described to you.

Advertisement