Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Warranty

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Not too sure about this and I'm hoping someone can help me understand it a bit more.

The Warranty I have is:
    Your warranty is valid for three years, or 100,000 km - whichever happens first.
    You get unlimited mileage in the first year.
    You get a paint and surface corrosion warranty that covers basic components for 3 years or 100,000km - whichever comes first.
    Genuine MXXXa Parts and accessories are covered for 12 months from the date of fitting.
    You get an anti-perforation warranty covering body sheet metal panels against perforation due to corrosion.
    You also get free MXXXa European Assistance:
    24-hour, 365 days per year, home or roadside breakdown cover - mechanical, electrical and accident.
    Help if you're immobilised by 'driver error', such as losing your keys or running out of fuel.
    Hotel costs, rail or airfares.
    Vehicle recovery.
    Pan European cover for passenger vehicles in 32 countries, including repatriating your vehicle, driver and all passengers.
    A legal helpline.

I have a 6 year old Car with corrosion under the paint, noticed at 99,000 Km by a MXXXa tech. Is this covered?
    It doesn't seem to state anyting about the body of the car - only
    'You get an anti-perforation warranty covering body sheet metal panels against perforation due to corrosion. '

opinions welcome.

Edited: due to mentioning a motor manu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The three years came first so no you are not covered IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

The three years came first so no you are not covered IMHO

I'm of the same opinion - just hoping I'm wrong ;) Just the wording seems strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Somehow I can't see Mxxxa covering it under the warranty, but I don't know if the Sale of Goods act, and goods lasting reasonable period of time would apply?
    You would expect properly cared for body panels on a car not to corrode, especially since they're treated against corrosion. If however it was a result of a deep scratch (to the metal) not being fixed, then it would definately not be covered.

This might get more helpful answers in Motors?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Your warranty is valid for three years, or 100,000 km - whichever happens first.

It's pretty clear in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Triangle wrote: »
    Not too sure about this and I'm hoping someone can help me understand it a bit more.

The Warranty I have is:
    You get unlimited mileage in the first year.
    You get a paint and surface corrosion warranty that covers basic components for 3 years or 100,000km - whichever comes first.
    Genuine MXXXa Parts and accessories are covered for 12 months from the date of fitting.
    You get an anti-perforation warranty covering body sheet metal panels against perforation due to corrosion.
    You also get free MXXXa European Assistance:
    24-hour, 365 days per year, home or roadside breakdown cover - mechanical, electrical and accident.
    Help if you're immobilised by 'driver error', such as losing your keys or running out of fuel.
    Hotel costs, rail or airfares.
    Vehicle recovery.
    Pan European cover for passenger vehicles in 32 countries, including repatriating your vehicle, driver and all passengers.
    A legal helpline.

I have a 6 year old Car with corrosion under the paint, noticed at 99,000 Km by a MXXXa tech. Is this covered?
    It doesn't seem to state anyting about the body of the car - only
    'You get an anti-perforation warranty covering body sheet metal panels against perforation due to corrosion. '

opinions welcome.

Edited: due to mentioning a motor manu.

Its 12 years for perforation and 3 years for rust afaik.:
    * A 3-year/60,000 mile new vehicle warranty (whichever comes around sooner) with no mileage limit for the first year.
    * A 3-year unlimited mileage paint and surface corrosion warranty.
    * A 12-year comprehensive anti-perforation warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

so if there are atual holes in the bodywork from rust they will be covered up to 12years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    so if there are atual holes in the bodywork from rust they will be covered up to 12years

I believe so, even if you had a scratch on the car it shouldnt spread as the body should be galvanised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

It's pretty clear in fairness.
    Yup

Cant see how that can be misinterpreted in fairness

Advertisement