Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revit Architecture 2011 - Toolbars

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi, just wondering can anybody help me.

I downloaded the student version of Revit Architecture 2009 a year ago and it has since expired. I recently downloaded the 2011 version and i am finding it hard to come to grips with the new toolbar layout across the top of the screen. Does anybody know if you can change the toolbar settings, so you can get the 2009 toolbar layout back?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

i dont think so. all the autocad packages use the same sort of toolbar now. i had the same problems with revit 2010 but after i got used to them i found them to be far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

No, You can not revert back to the old style menus. Autodesk are moving away from that style.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

it take a bit to get used to, but it is better.

ultimately, you should be working towards shortcuts anyway, not the toolbar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I think its neater alright but you end up clicking several times to get a comand for example:
    extend
    with the old versions you just click the button and it works
    with the current version you have to get back from the tab you were using(e.g insert) click on the trim button to change it to extend and the click.

All takes time and while I agree we should be using shortcuts its still a pain

Advertisement