Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm just too good to be true

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Maurice Greene.

100m - 11.83 PB Wind 1.9
    4X100m - 45.67 PB ;-)

Happy with a PB by a hundredth of a second but tbh I felt I should have gone faster with that wind just under the legal limit.

Lovely new track in Leixlip, just around the corner from where I live...wish my training group would train there instead!

As regards me chasing PBs in the 100m especially, I prefer a track that is hard rather than soft and thats why I think Tullamore suits me but it could be something else also...

I was fourth in this race and it was a close race for 4th, 5th and 6th.

I then did a 4X100 for the first time and that was very enjoyable. I started it and got out well and passed the baton with no hitches. We got 2nd in this race, behind Menapians and picked up a silver medal for our hard work which was nice :-)

The morning after, Saturday, I went to Irishtown with my girls and did a weights session for the first time in many months. I did deadlifts and hang cleans.
    Deadlifts were 10X40kg to warm up and then 5X90kg, 5X110kg, 5X130kg, 3X140kg and 1X150kg. Found these quite tough and I have lost some strength with regard to this exercise.
    Hangcleans 5X40kg and 5X50kg and left it at that.
    Went out to the track and did a flying 40 followed by 8 blocks starts for 10m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Well done on the PB! You seem to be in great form at the moment.

Does the Le Cheile track have a mondo surface? Personally I think Santry is the hardest track I've run on in Ireland, and I've never liked Tullamore for a number of reasons.

You're right in liking harder tracks though. In theory, the harder the surface, the more energy is returned per foot-strike and so faster speeds are possible. They're much tougher on the body though, so you have to be careful wrt injury if you train on a hard track.

Well done on the PB! You seem to be in great form at the moment.

Does the Le Cheile track have a mondo surface? Personally I think Santry is the hardest track I've run on in Ireland, and I've never liked Tullamore for a number of reasons.

You're right in liking harder tracks though. In theory, the harder the surface, the more energy is returned per foot-strike and so faster speeds are possible. They're much tougher on the body though, so you have to be careful wrt injury if you train on a hard track.

Thanks OS, no its not a mondo surface, its a track like Tallaght and Irishtown.
    With regard to training on a hard surface, Irishtown where I train is about the hardest I reckon so I am probably used to it by now with regard to injuries :-)

I have been lazy with regard to spikes and I have been using the same spikes for training and racing for the past 2.5 years.
    A lad in my training group just purchased a pair of Nike Zoom Superflys and comparing the spike plate with my own, there was a huge difference. The Nike plate was really stiff while the spike plate in my Asics has gone soft like rubber.

Needless to say my new Nikes are arriving by UPS tomorrow ;-)

100m 11.95 wind 0.3

The 200m on the Saturday was a no show for me due to migraine which was a bit of a nuisance.
    However I managed another sub 12 on the Sunday which is a consolation as I knew I couldnt PB with how I was the day before. I managed to get a yellow card from the judge as I forgot to pin my number to my back. I had pinned my number to my front but the rules state that you must wear them back and front, ah well...
    I was last in this heat 2. I was in lane 2 and the guy to my right in lane 3, who won it ran 10.85 so it was kinda funny when after 20m he kept pulling away and by the time he crossed the line, he was over 10m ahead of me. It seemed like an eternity for me to get to the line after watching him cross it :-) He (Eamonn Fahey) went on to take bronze in the final. I was a way way out of my depth but I knew that beforehand of course so there was no pressure at all which was nice.
    All in all an enjoyable day and it was my second time to run Nationals, hope to do it again.

Advertisement