Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Switches

Options
  • 28-08-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, i am looking for a remote switch capable of switching a 250w metal halide. Many options available online but just wondering has anyone ever installed one or have any recomendations?

Basically i need an outdoor light able to be switched from inside, approx 15 metres away via remote....
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

You could get a remote switch that turns on a smaller load and use it to switch on a contactor instead, depending on the wiring of course.

It might open up more choices for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have used some. They are made by Stinel and they can switch 3000W

They are high quality and have 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

2011 wrote: »
    I have used some. They are made by Stinel and they can switch 3000W

They are high quality and have 3 year warranty.

what do they retail at?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

steinal do a 1000watt remote switch which should be capable of the loads your looking for.
    the receiver is approx 70.00 euro plaus vat and
    the transmitter is 36.00 plus vat.
    steinal is distributed by socket and tool to most of the wholesalers and distributers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

can't go wrong with the steinel anyhow

what mainstream products are available for switching over the supply cables-rather than wireless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

If your still interested in this there is a new range out branded Phea.

It is is wireless switching, but instead of using batteries it is using the kinetic energy from pushing the switch.

If you want, let me know in pm and ill forward you a pfd's on it.

Advertisement