Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re land permission

Options
  • 28-08-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got my licence renewal. Handed my application in about 10 weeks ago, got a letter in the post one week ago saying they got my application and got my renewal confirmation yesterday. Can't believe it was so quick ! Happy days.

Anyway, my licence (.22 rifle) has been granted because I'm a member of a rifle club (target shooting). Since I sent off the renewal application i've been in contact with a couple of land owners who have agreed to let me shoot on their land (farmland and pest control).

My question is do i have to reapply with letters from the landowners to shoot on their land ? Are letters from the landowners in my possession sufficient to please the authorities if i'm asked ?

So I have the licence to shoot at an authorised range but do I need to do more officially to shoot on land that I've been allowed to ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

ya be ok as long as ya have permission to shoot the land

Advertisement