Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers meet up

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yeahhh

or! someone just have a house party and we'll all attend :) nothing like a lil drink to ease convo !:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

YouthNovel wrote: »
    What day though. Theres one on each day...

Is there? I thought it was just wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The Wednesday one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Yeahhh wrote: »
    or! someone just have a house party and we'll all attend :) nothing like a lil drink to ease convo !:cool:
    I second this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Ok..I'm gonna move up on Tuesday, so does anyone want to meet up at some point on Tuesday or Tuesday night for drinks or something? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Yeahhh wrote: »

That's not a bad idea, but advertising parties on the internet can blow up in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

So yeah , is there any definitive plan for a meet up? Cos theres loads of suggestions being thrown around. Could someone take leadership and sort of arrange something? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Edited ;)

Mods can you lock this thread and edit the previous post. This is going no where and if needs be we will have it before the actual UCD beers itself.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Mods can you lock this thread and edit the previous post. This is going no where and if needs be we will have it before the actual UCD beers itself.

:confused:

Sarcasm and humour not appreciated here then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I think he meant edit out the quote in your post...

I think he meant edit out the quote in your post...

Yes, edit out the date and time.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yes, edit out the date and time.

No bother man.

I just don't think the commitment is there from anyone yet. Thats why I feel that this will be a bad idea soon. When I started this thread I taught alot of people would actually be up for it, it hasn't transpired that way. So we might aswell get it locked.

If we want to do something like this, it will make more sense to do it before the UCD beers when everyone is settled into college and college life.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I say next Wednesday BBQ is a good idea. Meet at the entrance to the James Joyce library at something like 5.00 (if the BBQ is at 5.30 or 6.00 or something) and we can all go to the BBQ together.

Anyone actually up for this?

I'd be up for it, I've decided to go in on the Wed. anyway, want to do stuff before my orientation day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Wednesday seems like a good day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

God I hated all this meeting people stuff last year. Most people are either saccharin sweet because they haven't met any friends yet and they desperately want to, or they already have friends and are only interested in hanging out with them. The amount of grinning idiots and boring anecdotes I trawled through because I had myself convinced that it was important to make an effort to make friends in college, if I had my time back I would have let it take its own course. I found all of my friends through natural means such as meeting people in lectures and societies, these contrived get togethers are such disingenuous cringe fests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Indie_92

God I hated all this meeting people stuff last year. Most people are either saccharin sweet because they haven't met any friends yet and they desperately want to, or they already have friends and are only interested in hanging out with them. The amount of grinning idiots and boring anecdotes I trawled through because I had myself convinced that it was important to make an effort to make friends in college, if I had my time back I would have let it take its own course. I found all of my friends through natural means such as meeting people in lectures and societies, these contrived get togethers are such disingenuous cringe fests.

Hmm okay :rolleyes: rant over? :D and yeah I'm up for it :)

How would we all know eachother?

• Advertisement

YouthNovel wrote: »
    How would we all know eachother?

Commemerative T-shirts?

Commemorative T-Shirts?!

You'll notice my shoes (vans) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I might join you if I even go to the BBQ!! Only went to orientation for a couple hours on the Monday and I went with some of my friends, so I didn't meet anyone new.

Entrance to James Joyce library at 5 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Anyone want to go for drinks tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sponge-97

So I stumbled across this thread and I'm wondering did this happen? I'm a second year so not knowing people wasn't an issue for me, but I thought it was a nice idea :)

sponge-97 wrote: »
    So I stumbled across this thread and I'm wondering did this happen? I'm a second year so not knowing people wasn't an issue for me, but I thought it was a nice idea :)

No, it didn't happen. There could be UCD beers in the near future. Keep an eye out here next semester because if they happen it will be next semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PrometheusZer0

I vote in support of both a Boardsie and Fresher meetup before or sometime around orientation. I'll be arriving in Dublin on the 10th of January

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read through all 6 pages of this. I thought it was a current thread. Well if anybody still wants to meet up some time around second semester orientation, I'm still game.

Advertisement