Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burglaries in wexford

Options
  • 28-08-2010 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

just to make everyone aware. my parents house was broken into friday afternoon.
    so everyone make sure that they are extra careful and keep a watchful eye on your area, there is scum about!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

foolelle wrote: »
    so everyone make sure that they are extra careful and keep a watchful eye on your area, there is scum about!!

Where??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wexford Town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Wasn't it such a helpful post? :D Maybe it was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wexford,_Pennsylvania

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

well apart from this being the thread for wexford ireland.
    would it not be possible for this to occur anywhere?
    and would it also not be helpful to advise people to be more careful everywhere?

anyway im not entering into a debate with anyone i understand it didnt have specifics but yes just outside wexford town not too far from whitford house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

well apart from this being the thread for wexford ireland.
    would it not be possible for this to occur anywhere?
    and would it also not be helpful to advise people to be more careful everywhere?

anyway im not entering into a debate with anyone i understand it didnt have specifics but yes just outside wexford town not too far from whitford house.

Well, Wexford is quite a big county... Gorey is still a fair distance from Wexford.

Thieves often focus in on a particular area when committing breakins. So they might focus on Barntown, or Coolcotts or Mulgannon... so it wasn't such a stupid question.

But thanks for your warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Gorey was a bit mad last night, travellers stole two thousand euro from Tesco and rammed into a Garda car.
    Be careful today, the patron be on :/

Not looking forward to work tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

roberies around clongeen area also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Gorey was a bit mad last night, travellers stole two thousand euro from Tesco and rammed into a Garda car.
    Be careful today, the patron be on :/

Not looking forward to work tonight!

You know you're not allowed to say that? :eek:
    Bleeding heart alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its daylight robbery - and is more popular than ever, especially in Co Wexford .

Where I work , we have had visits from suspicious vans with only one thing on their mind .- They are getting braver and bolder .
    Guy drove up to me at work last week and asked me if we had any lorries to sell - and we don't sell lorries nor cars either . - cheeky feckers .

You know its surprising , how many people still leave keys under mats and windows open when leaving home .

People call door-to-door selling pillows - You need to watch these guys because ,- believe me , they use this visit to suss out potential targets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

i know that some clonmel scum have moved to wexford town, so thats who id put my money on...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Its daylight robbery - and is more popular than ever, especially in Co Wexford .

People call door-to-door selling pillows - You need to watch these guys because ,- believe me , they use this visit to suss out potential targets

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maybe it's just me but ever since those cash for gold shops sprung up in every town in the country the amount of burglaries has risen-hand in gold and get cash with no questions asked,how convenient.People are careless no matter how many times they're warned,they leave keys in doors and windows open.
    How many times has it been in the local press that criminals from Dublin are up in court on charges of theft etc. in the Wexford area-the N11 provides a handy route up and down the East coast for them.

well i would agree with the cash for gold thing, Ive heard quite a bit about it, maybe these places should be regulated, im sure tons of stolen good passes through their doors daily.
    but funnily enough nothing only cash was taken, nothing was trashed and they entered through a locked window. which was the only thing really damaged, i suppose we have so much to be thankful for, mam and dad could have been home and that would have been a different story.

The same thing happened to a couple I know-nothing damaged-just cash and some jewellery taken.Stuff that's easy to hide or pass off.Phones,laptops etc are easily traced now so burglars stay away from them.Hopefully this new legislation on protecting your home will make some of the scum think twice about breaking in.

zerks wrote: »
    The same thing happened to a couple I know-nothing damaged-just cash and some jewellery taken.Stuff that's easy to hide or pass off.Phones,laptops etc are easily traced now so burglars stay away from them.Hopefully this new legislation on protecting your home will make some of the scum think twice about breaking in.

yes what ya need is a bat with a few 6 inch nails hammered through the ends!!

I have noticed a number of vans, seemingly aimlessly touring the Gorey area recently. White transit with NI reg in particular, I've seen it in Courtown, Ballycanew, Hollyfort and in the general Gorey area.
    Not selling, not stopping, just driving around and around.

i say report it, just to log a call and have the reg on file.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

In all fairness i can see the OP was probably shook up from his folks house being broken into, which probably resulted in this thread, but the reality if it is:

loads of break ins and robbery's happen in wexford every day, and that aint nothing new.

In all fairness i can see the OP was probably shook up from his folks house being broken into, which probably resulted in this thread, but the reality if it is:

loads of break ins and robbery's happen in wexford every day, and that aint nothing new.

Thought the same until my folks' house was broken into today,they stole virtually all the jewellery in the place.A lot of it has great sentimental value.When it happens to you or someone close then your mentality changes.

God help the cunts who did it if I find them:mad::mad:

Be alert folks,the house was only vacant for an hour at most when they broke in.Plus there has been a few suspicious looking characters seen around the Enniscorthy area in the last few days.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Sorry to hear that Zerks. I hope their hands rot off their scumbag bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Commish

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this thread as I have been thrawling the net to see any sign of the property that was stolen from my house on the early hours of St.Patricks day 2012. Firstly I think it is important to keep posting in the likes of these threads and get people aware of the amount of burglaries and scumbags this country actually has. Similar motives and operations of the burglars may be highlighted which could lead to a return of your goods or more important a name as to who actually entered your hard earned property and took your hard earned goods.
    As I said my house was broken into in the Early hours of Paddys day this year. Luckily for the scummers that broke in I was 3000 miles away in NYC. I had only recently moved in and was buying a few bits as I could afford them. They managed to take my Rangemaster cooker (1100 cranberry) , Beko fridge freezer (American style) , Triton T90 shower , Beko dryer , Beko washing machine , a Kalas rifle scope , my little flat screen and PS3 and my beloved Modern Warfare 3. They also managed to take all my good tools.
    From tracking their movements into the house it is apparent they were as dumb as a box of rocks. They made crap of the patio doors and couldnt get through them then moved onto the back door window which they also couldnt get through, then the single brain cell they had between them kicked in and they realised glass is breakable!!!!
    They got in and out and the rest is history as the fella says. What Im hoping for is some good christian who may have been offered these goods for sale to read my story and pass on the information to me. Im actually offering a cash reward for any info at all that would lead to the apprehension of these goons.
    I also want people to realise that these people are out there watching your home and your movements. Get yourself an alarm to start and something to aid you with the reasonable amounts of force you are entitled to exercise on these twits under the Dwelling act 2011.
    These people are a cancer of the heart of Irish society and need to be dealt with.

Also NI regs seen around the area by neighbours in the days leading up to and the day of the burglary in my area. Its in north Wexfrod just outside Gorey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Terrible Commish. I had an alarm installed recently. I know it does not keep the beggars out but it gives me a fighting chance.

The key to all this is to stop the demand for stolen goods. There can be no excuse by anyone who buys cheap goods from an unreliable source that they didn't know they were stolen. I'd really jack up the fines/consequences for receiving stolen goods as the only way to curb break ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Thats awful Commish. They really are scum bags :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Commish wrote: »
    Also NI regs seen around the area by neighbours in the days leading up to and the day of the burglary in my area. Its in north Wexfrod just outside Gorey.

I saw in yesterday's paper that burglaries in County Wexford is up 22%. What really p'ss me off is that the Gardai press office last year were constantly saying that crime was down despite the fact that anecdotal evidence says otherwise. When you look in the local papers each week there is always a string of court reports for burglaries and thefts. Oil tanks aren't safe, your sheds with garden tools are particularly vulnerable and anything else around your house is seen as fair game by these scumbags. Local churches, schools and community facilities are either locked up or have sophisticated security and surveillance systems in place. The Courts need to toughen up on these people, they just don't care as they know that no matter what they do, they will be out in a matter of weeks if their sentence isn't suspended in the first place, even for multiple offences and habitual offenders.
    This is destroying communities as people are afraid to leave their home or open the front door for fear of the consequences. What does one do? The law is balanced too much in favour of the offender and not the victims. It needs to be sorted with decisive and effective actions.

Definitely the courts are too light on sentencing with these people. Im keen to see the Nally law taking a stronger hold at this stage. They have given us the go ahead to use reasonable force to protect our homes now and I think people need to start exercising this right. The Garda force is depleting every day and they just dont have the numbers to chase these people around, but I agree they should sell the figures as they are and not dress them up.

Last week I was working in my back garden when I noticed a guy walking down my side entrance, even though I challenged him, he kept coming and I had to actually stand in front of him and tell him to get the fcuk out. He said he was looking for scrap but I'm pretty sure he was sussing the place out. He didn't ring the bell as Mrs was in the house, this was in Riverchapel. I was amazed at the barefaced cheek of him, obviously they have no fear of anybody. As for the Gardai, if I saw one around here I'd ask him if he was lost.

A couple of weeks before my break in a NI reg Subaru Forester with a male driver pulled into my gate way and sat staring in at the house, i happened to be working just inside the hedge where he couldnt see me but I could see him. When he say herself moving around inside he took off. I took the reg and left it in my jeep but for the life of me I cant find it. My neighbours told me on the night of the break in there was a NI reg car parked in my gateway with a van out the back of the house, they thought we were moving the rest of our stuff in as the house is only new but obviously it was the scummers moving me out!!
    Like the previous post suggested these guys will stop at nothing cause they know that if you call the Guards they will be a while getting there, especially if youre out in the country, if they do get caught a go to court the judge will make them promise to be good boys from now on and leave them out the front door, if you are a bit on in years you wont pose much of a thret to them physically and they especially play on our innocent nature that we would be afraid to seriously hurt or maim them. The way I see it now is that if they enter my gates the are posing a threat to me and my family so I am automatically going to be in fear of my life therefore I am going to defend my property with reasonable amounts of force as the law suggests.
    Gorey has lost so many Gards through retirement lately it would be a strange sight alright if you caught a glimpse of one.

There is a notorious family of lowlifes who live between Gorey and Hollyfort and I'd lay odds they are behind a lot of the crime in the area. They also often have "cousins" calling in from all parts of the country, summer is worst. I'd reckon that if they'd served only half the time they've been sentenced to over the years they'd be old men when they got out, instead they're walking the streets.

• Advertisement

€10,000 worth of stock stolen from Corrigan Carpets over the weekend,whoever did it knew what they were after as they stole the more expensive carpets and rugs.It would have taken a large van or truck to do it so hopefully somebody spotted them.

Advertisement