Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 7:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

My Server will not allow me to post on Pending new Forum at 'peak times'.
    non of the other members are having any trouble..this has only started in the last week.
    I phoned server and they say they can not help and have had no complaints..
    I scanned computer for virus and all is well there.
    I can post on all the other Forums on Boards without any problems..anyone got any ideas? any suggestions appreciated.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sorry, but it is not at all clear what you are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Sorry Mr Dunne,:)...I can post and participate on all Forums on Boards..except on one particular forum which does not allow me to post if any other posters are active..I can browse if I'm not logged in..but nothing otherwise....however...if no one else is posting I can read/post no problem.
    (hope that makes more sense)

...and none of the other posters are having this problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Which forum?

The Laughing Gnome Home......waiting for Forum Status.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The Laughing Gnome is a Social Group. Imagine it as a part of Boards.ie where you can create your own forum to discuss whatever you feel like.

I have no idea as to what is not working for you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea how you know if someone else is posting on the social group, but have you got any screenshots?

Hi Girdon
    I can browse the social group if I'm not logged in and read the posts, also I can see the time of their posts., as soon as I log on to Boards and go to the Social Group my Pc slows down to a crawl and stops mid task.., but I can click onto another favourite Forum with no bother and post with no difficulty.
    I am not very technical and can't do links and page shots and stuff...sorry.

This problem with the Social Group only started about a week ago..I have been a member for months now. I have PM'd other members of the group and they have no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does the same happen with this social group?

The fact that your computer is slowing down is a bit worrying, I can't imagine it being a problem with boards, but a problem with your computer, that's not normal to grind down to a slow after simply logging in to a site.

Hi again Gordon,
    I could'nt get into that link and I could'nt find the 'I'm bored Forum' when I searched from Boards Home page...so I don't know if the same thing would happen if I tried to post there.

Why do you say it's worrying..you have me worried now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Elenxor wrote: »
    Hi again Gordon,
    I could'nt get into that link and I could'nt find the 'I'm bored Forum' when I searched from Boards Home page...so I don't know if the same thing would happen if I tried to post there.

Why do you say it's worrying..you have me worried now.
    By any chance have you clicked "Join this social group" before you try viewing and posting from your account?

• Advertisement
Advertisement