Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving

• 28-08-2010 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

My son has to repeat his leaving cert and I was wondering where in Waterford City or surrounds do this. The school he went to has very limited places so there is no guarantee that he gets a place. Even if he could repeat some subjects that would be a help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I would have assumed any secondary school? Yeats College even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

De la Salle College up by the People's Park would be the main school that takes repeats. Yeats would be an option but you have to pay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

De La Salle have gotten really strict on it in the last two years since the principal changed. Yeats is probably the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

De La Salle only have 10 places for repeat leaving this year, less than other years due to two extra first year classes and an extra transition year this year, resources will need to go into those extra classes. Yeats is expensive but we shall keep applying around and see what we can come up with. Thanks for your suggestions all.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Keep the pressure up on de la salle il be very suprised if they dont take on extra repeats they always do. yeats is the only other real alternative but its expensive and not that great really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Triona23 wrote: »
    De La Salle only have 10 places for repeat leaving this year, less than other years due to two extra first year classes and an extra transition year this year, resources will need to go into those extra classes. Yeats is expensive but we shall keep applying around and see what we can come up with. Thanks for your suggestions all.

St. Declans in Kilmac have 3? Repeaters this year, so maybe try there!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

leg wrote: »
    Keep the pressure up on de la salle il be very suprised if they dont take on extra repeats they always do. yeats is the only other real alternative but its expensive and not that great really

+1 with this post, they won't turn down a repeat, The new principal is all talk about some things like this, he will crack about it, they were "not letting girls in" whe I did my leaving there...

Advertisement