Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surrogacy

Options
  • 28-08-2010 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Any one know how to go about it?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

This is the wedding forum, you might have better luck in the Parenting forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Moved to parenting. Hope this is the right place for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Ireland there is no legal way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

As mentioned, there is no laws surrounding surrogacy, which makes things somewhat difficult, surrogate could change her mind even way after the child is born etc. I have an Irish friend who went with a US surrogate, and then adopted the child over here in the USA. It was quite expensive, between surrogacy costs (10'000 dollars), flights for the IVF in the USA and to see the surrogate a few times during pregnancy (they came over for ultrasounds), then being here for the birth and a few weeks until the adoption was final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I think it is the greatest gift someone could give to another person, it really is. Its a pity it isnt really an option here at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Victer Von Doom

Thanks for moving the thread, new to this :)

Yeah I'll give you a bit of back ground info on my situation,I'm gay male and in a relationship with my partner for the last seven years,we both have good,stable and well paid jobs.

We love love a child and are exploring the option,I seen a couple of sites on the internet,a few from the U.S and a couple from the Ukraine,the Ukraine ones look a tad dodgy.

I know it is illegal over here and Ive had an offer from a close gay friend who's in a relationship,needless to say I think that this would be a very bad idea due to the fact that if the friendship dissolves there's too much at stake and I couldnt put a child through that.

Goddamit I wish there was a buy and sell for surrogates in this country :)

Thanks for all the advice,does anyone know of someone who has been in our situation and succesfully came back from a country with a child,no without a hitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Just curious if any of you have followed this case which has ended in the Supreme court.. http://www.hayes-solicitors.ie/news/landmarksurrogacycase.htm...''

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1107/657487-supreme-court-surrogacy/

The State took the case. Why ?

Were the Genetic Parents and the Surrogate Mother both in agreement that the Genetic Mother's name should be on the birth cert..

If the Government intend to change the legislation did they need to bring the case in order to progress the legislation or was it just a waste of tax payer's money ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Please do not bump four year old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement