Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 1

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

eagle eye wrote: »
    As I said none of them would have beaten Aouate tonight.
    You cannot say that. Your comment is far more ludicrous than the post you responded to.

There is no way of knowing what would have happened in an individual game. Football is not an exact science. If that were the case, Messi and Villa would score in every game and Barcelona would never be beaten. There is nothing to be gained from wondering what would have happened in a hypothetical game involving Barcelona.

Why I agree with you Mr Kent ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You cannot say that. Your comment is far more ludicrous than the post you responded to.

There is no way of knowing what would have happened in an individual game. Football is not an exact science. If that were the case, Messi and Villa would score in every game and Barcelona would never be beaten. There is nothing to be gained from wondering what would have happened in a hypothetical game involving Barcelona.
    Did you watch the game?

Aoute was just unbeatable. Thats my point and has been all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

He was out-standing but bad finishing and typical selfishness from Ronaldo helped give him a clean sheet.

Anyway was a great opening weekend and great to watch 4 live matches in a row haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Did you watch the game?

Ignore what Skywalker said in response to my post above, I was actually calling his post ridiculous. Re-read my post. I'm not sure why he seems to think I'm agreeing with him and you think I am as well. I actually said it was ludicrous to say that Messi and Villa would definitely have scored.

You cannot say either way what may have happened in a hypothetical game with any certainty.

Edit: Ludicrous is probably too strong a word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Its amazing what you are leaving out though. Real had a number of clearcut chances that you just say in your mind 'heres a goal' and the keeper stopped them. Higuain was fouled twice when going clean through and there were no cards issued, there were also numerous bad offside calls from the linesman, close calls but wrong calls.

If this happened in a Barca game you guys would be screaming blue murder. I don't support either team, probably prefer Barca if anything but its clear to me that Madrid were by far the better team on the night. Thing is they are expected to win every game just like Barca but this was a great defensive performance by Mallorca, but even that on its own would not be enough it took a sensational peformance from their keeper to keep Madrid out. These pundits are all the same, if a team fails to win they weren't good enough in their eyes. I have yet to hear one say after a game that a team deserved the win and nothing was wrong that they just go unlucky on the night which is what happened to Real Madrid tonight.

I ask you this, how many saves did Casillas make?

Look all I said was that they were not great tonight.

The chaps on Sky and Spanish tv agreed as did eZe.

Mourinho has also said after the match that they didnt play well tonight.

If you disagree with that then fair enough but you are in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

redout wrote: »
    Look all I said was that they were not great tonight.

The chaps on Sky and Spanish tv agreed as did eZe.

Mourinho has also said after the match that they didnt play well tonight.

If you disagree with that then fair enough but you are in the minority.

Sorry but the manority are correct, ye ok Real were not "great" but they were good and deserved a win really... Also you do have to look at the other team, Mallorca are no jokers, as you might know they were one of the best teams away from home last season and Laudrup is a very good manager.

Yes ok Barca started as we had expected but i think Real looked good, Khedira's run's from deep are so good, he will score a fair few this season and Canales also looked really good, some bery good passes from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I watched the Madrid game last night and they looked pretty poor, if anything a step back on last year's form. Remember when I say pretty poor it is relation to the talent they have at their disposal. Granted Mallorca is one of the toughest places to go in La Liga but really a draw was a fair enough result. Jose is under immense pressure already and they cant afford more slip-ups like last night when Barca are looking better than they were last year. Villa is the dream player for Barca and will be much effective than Ibra. The pressure that Jose will be under will be bigger than he has ever faced previously. I cant see him taking Real above Barca in the League and he will probably be kicked out of there next summer. He is not "special" enough to overtake Barca and maybe this job is a step too far even for him. Enjoy a long season looking at Barca's ass Jose.

Atleti lineup:
    DE GEA; UJFALUSI, GODÍN, PEREA, ANTONIO LÓPEZ; ASSUNÇAO, RAÚL GARCÍA; REYES, JURADO; AGUERO, FORLÁN

Gijon lineup:
    JUAN PABLO; LORA, BOTÍA, GREGORY, CANELLA; EGUREN, RIVERA; CARMELO, DE LAS CUEVAS, DIEGO CASTRO, BARRAL

Fantastic stuff from Atleti

2 - 0

Forlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yeah. That was a super run. A pity he didn't get the goal.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yeah. That was a super run. A pity he didn't get the goal.

The whole first half has been fantastic from Atleti.

They are always a joy to watch when they click.

Forlan on the Double.

3 - 0

Atleti strolling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's an absolute joy to watch at times

What a way to finish the game

4 - 0

Simao cracker

Atleti sending out a message

Advertisement