Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashley Gardens - Portlaoise

Options
  • 28-08-2010 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking at buying a house in Ashley Gardens. Can anyone please tell me what the estate is like, and what the area is like? Also will be commuting to Dublin for work for part of the year. Is there any hassle getting from that part of town in to the train station in the mornings?

Any advice on living in this area would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Nice estate and a nice area, however a new school is opening to replace the CBS and convent and i will be curious to see how the borris road will handle the traffic. The road already has trouble since the explosion of housing developments since the tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

It's a really nice estate. Very quaint and well developed. I considered purchasing here a few times in the past but was always put off by the amount of development in the area and the proximity of the train line, which runs just behind the new school.

To be honest i wouldn't let that put you off though. In terms of accessing the train. The road should be quiet if you are getting a train about 7-7.30ish am so you shouldn't have a problem. The Borris road is a nightmare otherwise and it will be interesting to see just how much trouble the new school poses when it opens...

Advertisement