Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield online

Options
  • 28-08-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Ive never play Battlefield before and thought this would be the best place to find out the difference of online play compared to mw2 as I am thinking of buying the game as ive herd that online battles have large groups of players. thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

unit88 wrote: »
    Ive never play Battlefield before and thought this would be the best place to find out the difference of online play compared to mw2 as I am thinking of buying the game as ive herd that online battles have large groups of players. thanks for any help

I presume you're referring to the current Bad Company 2. Games are large as there's up to 32 players in a match. Maps in BC2 are also much larger than MW2, though still small be normal Battlefield standards. There's also much more emphasis on team play and playing your class. Camping isn't beneficial since the game modes rely upon you attacking your objective to win. And of course there's proper servers, unlike MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

God I miss BC2... I played it a lot (too much probably) last year before the leaving cert startso much more emphasis on team play and playing your class. Camping isn't beneficial since the game modes rely upon you attacking your objective to win. And of course there's proper servers, unlike MW2.ed looming. Amazing game, but the amount of hardcore servers really used to piss me off. They've added a by filter now I assume.

The battlefield series tends to lend more on the side of "fun" than "1337 Skillzzz etc", there's more opportunity to try ridiculous plans when you have a 4 player squad, like this stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5UtjCk-t60

Advertisement