Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting places you have been to watch live football

• 28-08-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Intersting to see what parts of the world people have been to watch live football. I remember a few years ago on holiday in America we went to watch the mighty Kansas City Wizards play. I think it was the 2005 season and Precki was still playing. I remember the were giving out free tickets for the game outside the ground.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Seen Sligo Rovers playing against Vllaznia in Albania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Saw Boca play Guarani in the Libertadores at Bombonera and Vasco v Flamengo at Maracana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yokohama Stadium in Japan to see Ireland vs Saudi Arabia. One hell of an experience that trip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Celtic V Brisbane Roar in the Suncorp stadium, Brisbane.
    Highest attendance for a ''soccer'' game in Australia apparently, I think it was about 35,000 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Went to see the Tórshavn Derby ... B36 v HB at Gundadalur Stadium while I was in the Faroe Islands for the WC Qualifier in 2005

Seen Karlskrona AIF play someone at Västra Mark in the Swedish 4th Division a few years ago when I was over there for work.

Lived in Australia for a bit about 7 years ago and used to go to see Sydney Olympic play. That league was disbanded a yearor so later in favour of the A-League. Olympic still exist and play in the NSW Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sunderlands Stadium of Light to see Pats reserves play Sunderland reserves, about minus 19 and 7 people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sunderlands Stadium of Light to see Pats reserves play Sunderland reserves, about minus 19 and 7 people there.

The thread is about interesting places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I saw UD Lanzarote play in Ciudad Deportiva in Arrecife, Lanzarote.
    This was last season when theey were in the Segunda Division B, they were elegated and now play in Tercera Division - Group 12.:(
    They were the whipping boys of the league, but they won when I was there.:D
    They had bucket seats made of stone and they were very uncomfortable and roasting hot from the sun.
    They had a class mascot and there was a crazy auld fella that kept shouting walking down to the barriers and kicking and pucnhing the metal advertisement boards.:pac:

/life story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The A-League isn't an exciting one for me cause I pretty much go every second week to watch Perth Glory.

Saw Chicago Fire play at Soldier Field in the final season before they moved to the new Bridgeview Stadium.

Most random venue for a game is Vanuatu's national stadium in the country's capital, Port Vila.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Juve vs Rovers a few weeks ago in Modena.
    Went to a few Real Santander games, and Ive seen Real Mallorca play at home.
    I get a couple of AS Cannes games a year in (League National - French Division 3)
    Attended Toronto FC while I was living there, and seen Canada play at home
    Similarly, went along to Melbourne Victory when I lived there
    Stood among the Torcida at Hadjuk Split a couple of years back, was awesome
    A couple more places in Europe too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

River v Boca in the Monumental. Most awesome atmosphere i've ever experienced!
    Lazio v Juve in stadio olimpico in a friendly. There was nothing friendly about that evening.
    Atleti v Real Mallorca in the Calderon. great seeing Torres in the flesh, some player.
    FC Utrecht v NEC Nimjegan(sp?) in the Galgenward. About halfway through the first half i started wondering what i was doing in Utrecht on a saturday afternoon watchin a dutch mid-table scrap! PS got to see van Wolfswinkel play and score:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The thread is about interesting places

Ever been to the north east of england?

Its like the war never ended and the only colour is grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I saw Stenhousemuir play at home twice when I lived over there for a while. Opponents were Queen of the South and Meadowbank Thistle.

dan1895 wrote: »
    River v Boca in the Monumental. Most awesome atmosphere i've ever experienced!
    Lazio v Juve in stadio olimpico in a friendly. There was nothing friendly about that evening.
    Atleti v Real Mallorca in the Calderon. great seeing Torres in the flesh, some player.
    FC Utrecht v NEC Nimjegan(sp?) in the Galgenward. About halfway through the first half i started wondering what i was doing in Utrecht on a saturday afternoon watchin a dutch mid-table scrap! PS got to see van Wolfswinkel play and score:D

Jealous.com :(
    Jaysus I hate that hole '.com' business that's going on these days.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The first match I ever saw was Coimbra against Bahrain in Coimbra. A league side against a national side, quite an interesting experience. If I remember correctly Coimbra won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Some Portuguese team against some other Portuguese team just down the road from the hotel, it was a proper stadium that looked like it was in a hole in the ground it was so far down. No idea who won, but it was fun and quenched my football thirst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I'm an Ajax member (you have to become a club member to go to a club game in Holland) and went to see Ajax vs NEC.

Also went to a third division game between Koblenz and Bayern Munich Reserves in Germany.

The most memorable game was defo Red Star Belgrade v Cork City. Watched the game in the Red Star section with some serbian fans who I had met in Belgrade. Ive been to see games in Iceland, Lithuania and Sweden as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ever been to the north east of england?

Its like the war never ended and the only colour is grey.

Very true. I was at Quinn's testimonial at the Stadium of Light. Miserable place is Sunderland, and that's being generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

seen dundalk play in few interesting places
    Thurles town :D
    vartaks (croatia)

seen celtic in barca,villareal,seville,lisbon,milan,hamburg,porto,dundalk.

swindon town in limmassol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Interesting places eh?

Mohammedan Dhaka vs Chittagong Mohammedan in 2008
    That's in Bangladesh btw :pac:

Also went to Japan back in the summer of 2006. Saw Tokyo vs Kashima Antlers. Not really comparable in regards to interesting places as the first part of my post :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I saw a double header of Guinea v Morocco and Ghana v Namibia in Accra, Ghana. It was an African cup of nations game, ticket cost €4. Thought I would probably be the only Irish person there till I saw some white guy hang up a Bohs flag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

baz2009 wrote: »
    Jealous.com :(
    Jaysus I hate that hole '.com' business that's going on these days.:pac:

Eh......1995-2000 wants it's .com stuff back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Victor Verser Prison in Cape Town

Also went to see the Nedbank cup final in Durban between Mamelodi Sundowns v....some team from Mpumalanga that I have completely forgotten

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Eh......1995-2000 wants it's .com stuff back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

Well it's being used by annoying teenage girls*, atm. So don't shoot the messenger.:P

*if anyone calls me an annoying teenage girl I'm gonna throw a serious hissy fit.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

intresting places? Watched a match on my iPhone in the jacks. :P

Advertisement