Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matchday 3 Premier League thread scores inside

• 28-08-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Sat 28th August 2010
    Blackburn v Arsenal
    Blackpool v Fulham
    Chelsea v Stoke City
    Tottenham v Wigan Athletic
    Wolves v Newcastle Draw
    Man Utd v West Ham Utd

Sun 29th August 2010
    Bolton v Birmingham
    Liverpool v WBA
    Sunderland v Manchester City
    Aston Villa v Everton Draw

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal: Almunia - Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy - Song - Diaby - Cesc - Theo - RVP - Arshavin

Chamakh and Rosicky dropped to the bench - I'm extremely surprised. No Djourou!

Subs: Fabianksi, Gibbs, Wilshere, Eboue, Rosicky, Chamakh, Vela.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Suprised at that alright. Rosicky deserved to retain his place as did Chamakh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Finally, new graphics on GSS. Doesn't look chunky anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Cmons the gunners. Big test today in ewood.

The head on Song, obviously taking a leaf out of Sagnas book...

• Advertisement

Anyone notice Sky graphics showing Blackburn to be employing the seldom used 4-2-3 formation? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

looks like a good starting 11 for us, have 10 squid on a 1-3 and something small on walcott to score first..

Cmon the Gunners

sacramento wrote: »
    Anyone notice Sky graphics showing Blackburn to be employing the seldom used 4-2-3 formation? :P

Its a bold strategy!

Almunia caught it wow!!

Jayzus how did that stay out, neither the defender or Robinson had a clue about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Looks like it'll be one of those days. :pac: Probably won't be watching much of this, damn F1 is on.

jaisis Arsenal cmon the feck, what side are ye playing in at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Arsenal do not look remotely convincing defending set-pieces.

Samba should have buried that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Walcott scores, Blackburn having been denied a corner kick.

Get in!

what a goal THeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thats bet number 1 in !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

THEOOOOOOOO

Absolute class goal. Arsenal doing what they do best there, that's coming from a Man Utd supporter.

• Advertisement

Nice goal/cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So sick, so undeserved. Blackburn have been by far the better team.

eagle eye wrote: »
    So sick, so undeserved. Blackburn have been by far the better team.

They've booted more long balls into the box. Wouldn't say they've been better, don't think they've strung more than 3 passes together yet.

Go on Diouf :D

good goal but thats going to be their only one...

Frisbee wrote: »
    They've booted more long balls into the box. Wouldn't say they've been better, don't think they've strung more than 3 passes together yet.
    GTFO we were by far the better team before that goal which came on the break. We have strung lots of passes together but our style is more direct, so stuff your football snobbery where the sun don't shine.

Theres the deserved equaliser.

Good move, pathetic defending from Kosc on the outside.

Horrible defending from Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The One!! Wooo. Fergie sign him up.. oh wait.

• Advertisement

Manu players scoring against Arsenal even when Manu aren't playing. Sorry patrickc but at least your bet is still on. :)

GTFO we were by far the better team before that goal which came on the break. We have strung lots of passes together but our style is more direct, so stuff your football snobbery where the sun don't shine.

Theres the deserved equaliser.

Football snobbery?

I just prefer to see teams actually try and play football rather then just hump the ball into the box at every possible opportunity.

Yes that was a deserved equaliser as it's the first decent passage of play you've put together. Before that though Blackburn were poor and relying on throw-ins and punts from Robinson.

Lol @ Song

How long had he had that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Van Persie already in trouble

Football snobbery?

I just prefer to see teams actually try and play football rather then just hump the ball into the box at every possible opportunity.

Yes that was a deserved equaliser as it's the first decent passage of play you've put together. Before that though Blackburn were poor and relying on throw-ins and punts from Robinson.
    We play direct football. Its still football. Those who talk about tippy tappy passing are talking about a certain type of football.

The object of the game is to win and you play the game the way that gives you the best chance to do that.

It comes across as football snobbery when people suggest that we don't play football because thats rubbish.

Football snobbery?

That is a style of football, I have to say I agree to a certain extent that you are employing a sort of football snobbery there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't football.

I'm enjoying this game, chances happening at both ends.

• Advertisement

Van Persie down.

Arsenal fans panic mode on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

FFS he is made of glass

Not happy to see Van Persie go off, I'm more worried about Chamakh.

koscielny having a 'mare.

We play direct football. Its still football. Those who talk about tippy tappy passing are talking about a certain type of football.

The object of the game is to win and you play the game the way that gives you the best chance to do that.

It comes across as football snobbery when people suggest that we don't play football because thats rubbish.
    That is a style of football, I have to say I agree to a certain extent that you are employing a sort of football snobbery there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't football.

I'm enjoying this game, chances happening at both ends.

Both fair points. tbf though there's a lot less skill required in humping a ball 60 yards and hoping you get the right deflection or just having bigger players than the other team as opposed to playing the game with passing and on the deck.

It's a sad state of affairs that teams who try to play football such as West Brom, Wigan, West Ham etc will be relegated while the anti-football of Blackburn and Stoke will remain in the EPL.

It's a results based game though so it's always going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Arsenal fans panic mode on!

Panic mode? I expect it now.

Not happy to see Van Persie go off, I'm more worried about Chamakh.

I think he could be a very good player for you guys. He just needs a few goals under his belt for some of that tasty "strikers confidence".

Both fair points. tbf though there's a lot less skill required in humping a ball 60 yards and hoping you get the right deflection or just having bigger players than the other team as opposed to playing the game with passing and on the deck.

It's a sad state of affairs that teams who try to play football such as West Brom, Wigan, West Ham etc will be relegated while the anti-football of Blackburn and Stoke will remain in the EPL.

Being a supporter of Arsenal doesn't give you the right to look down on other less fortunate teams.
    As I said before, their style of play is not anti-football, it is a style of football, you just don't like it and I get that.

*Edit for relevance: I like Pederson's hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I think he could be a very good player for you guys. He just needs a few goals under his belt for some of that tasty "strikers confidence".

That's true, but eagle eye will still be worried, sitting there in his Arsenal Van Persie jersey, being the huge Gooner that he is :D

Walcott has been surprisingly good so far.

Being a supporter of Arsenal doesn't give you the right to look down on other less fortunate teams.

Being a supporter of Arsenal has nothing to do with it. Being a football supporter does though.

Fabregas shouldn't be playing today, he's nowhere near ready.

Wait, we are not parking the bus. Thats what anti-football is. You really haven't a clue.

How many times have you seen El Hadj Diouf with the ball in your half of the pitch where he has gotten the ball delivered on the ground to him? About ten or twelve times so far.

What you are talking about is having teams play into the hands of Arsenal and the likes by playing football that suits your style which would be madness.

Get off your high horse and understand that to win the league you have to be able to beat all types of football not expect the opposition to play into your hands.

Get off your high horse and understand that to win the league you have to be able to beat all types of football not expect the opposition to play into your hands.

I'm not expecting that. I'm merely saying Blackburn's brand of football has to be the worst to watch in the league from a fans perspective.

Good first half of football. I still think Arsenal will come away with the points but they need to up it a bit especially Fabregas and Arshavin, Both have been slopy. Its amazing watching the contrast in style between the two teams!

I'm not expecting that. I'm merely saying Blackburn's brand of football has to be the worst to watch in the league from a fans perspective.
    Outside the top 8 the football is not much different no matter what club you talk about.

You get the odd team that play exciting football but they invariably get relegated. That fact of the matter is that any team playing that way is going to get hockeyed by a better team so its bad management to set up and play like that.

We do keep the ball down and beat teams on the ground when the manager knows we are good enough to do that but he is not stupid enough to try it against the big teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement