Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matchday 3 Premier League thread scores inside

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

shano_88 wrote: »
    Good first half of football. I still think Arsenal will come away with the points but they need to up it a bit especially Fabregas and Arshavin, Both have been slopy. Its amazing watching the contrast in style between the two teams!

Fabregas needs to be taken off. He's still a half yard off being ready for a game like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm merely saying Blackburn's brand of football has to be the worst to watch in the league from a fans perspective.
    30,000 Blackburn fans would disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Fabregas needs to be taken off. He's still a half yard off being ready for a game like this.

Fabregas for Rosicky?

He has looked sharp so far this season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You get the odd team that play exciting football but they invariably get relegated. That fact of the matter is that any team playing that way is going to get hockeyed by a better team so its bad management to set up and play like that.

100% agreed. I just think it's unfortunate the state of English football where to be a success and stay in the Premier League you can't play expansive football. WBA and Wigan both do, and both will be going down this year.

It's rife up and down the English leagues that to be a success you need to just be bigger than the other team, you see it here in Ireland too and it's why continental teams will constantly produce better players than us as we're teaching kids the wrong things at grass root level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well the biggest thorn in our side has been Diaby and he plays even better when Fabregas doesn't. Rosicky would probably be the best subsitution alright for them, I hope they leave it for now. I think Rovers can take all 3 points from this game.

100% agreed. I just think it's unfortunate the state of English football where to be a success and stay in the Premier League you can't play expansive football. WBA and Wigan both do, and both will be going down this year.

It's rife up and down the English leagues that to be a success you need to just be bigger than the other team, you see it here in Ireland too and it's why continental teams will constantly produce better players than us as we're teaching kids the wrong things at grass root level.
    You have to understand that we are missing our best player who plays in the hole so there is no way we can keep the ball on the ground. David Dunn allows us to do that more often. When he is fit we are a different team altogether.

I know he is on the bench today but he is not fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol, Walcott bust the net :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Arshavin has been absolutely brutal, keeps giving the ball away and taking the wrong decision. Agree also that Fabregas looks a yard off the pace, but he'll only get up to speed by playing game and I wouldn't bet against him still picking out a match winning pass before the end. At what stage does RVP's injury proneness become a complete liability though I wonder? He can't be relied on at all over a season to complete a decent run of fitness. Koscielney has also looked far from convincing from the little I've seen of him so far in an Arsenal shirt.

Blackburn are doing well I think, while they have taken a lot of long throws, their game is as much based on being well set up and organised and working hard as long balls - nothing at all wrong with that IMO - and their goal was a very well worked pice of football on the floor. They've done really well not letting Arsenal settle on the ball in midfield. Great to se M B Diuof doing so well.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Clichy for me should be replaced by Gibbs in the near future, his positioning and performance so far this season has been terrible, just where he left off from last season. The goal is a prime example.

And dear oh dear, Koscielney for the goal was just not good enough. That goal was terrible from a defensive point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arshavin, curse of flahavaj strikes again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

flahavaj wrote: »
    Arshavin has been absolutely brutal, keeps giving the ball away and taking the wrong decision.

Goal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Does Chamaka get the assist ? Have him in my Fantasy Footie team ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Doesn't change the fact that Arshavin has been absolutely brutal.

Russian beauty.

Always good for a goal!

That's what drives me nuts about Arshavin. He'll be an absolute passenger for 90% of a game, but you can't take him off as for the 5 minutes in a game where he bothers his hole he's alwaysa threat.

• Advertisement

no getting sloppy now......

**** sake quit the ****ing OLE's....do they learn nothing?:rolleyes:

And the Blackburn ***** can **** off with their paedo chants. Scum.

Olsson time, can't believed he was dropped today.

Dominant at the moment from Arsenal, We need a 3rd soon to close the game........

So frisbee I can't criticise the paedo chants yet you let the dozens of trolls wind people up and ruin this forum?

You're a joke.

• Advertisement

Fab off, Rosicky off.

DB10 wrote: »
    So frisbee I can't criticise the paedo chants yet you let the dozens of trolls wind people up and ruin this forum?

You're a joke.

Actually the original infraction was for calling Blackburn 'Scum'.

Take two weeks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

DB10 wrote: »
    Clichy for me should be replaced by Gibbs in the near future, his positioning and performance so far this season has been terrible, just where he left off from last season. The goal is a prime example.

Totally agree, he was criminal last week as well when Blackpool put a few crosses into the box.

Good work from Almunia, very quick off his line.

How was that not a penalty? Referee can't possibly miss it.

I do love when Samba goes up front :)

Play the advantage ref!

Ohhh whoops. Offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mike65 wrote: »
    Arshavin, curse of flahavaj strikes again ;)

LOUL, why does it always happen me?

In my defence he was sh*te first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Tottenham vs Wigan

Tottenham: Cudicini, Kaboul, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Bale, Crouch, Defoe

Wigan: Al Habsi, Stam, Gohouri, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Thomas, Diame, McCarthy, Boyce, Rodallega, Boselli

Wolverhampton vs Newcastle

Wolverhampton: Hahnemann, Foley, Craddock, Berra, Ward, Jarvis, Henry, David Jones, Van Damme, Ebanks-Blake, Doyle

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Routledge, Smith, Barton, Gutierrez, Nolan, Carroll

Chelsea vs Stoke

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Stoke: Sorensen, Huth, Shawcross, Faye, Collins, Delap, Whitehead, Wilkinson, Etherington, Jones, Walters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

2-2. Soon.

• Advertisement

It must be agony for supporters of both at this stage!

amacachi wrote: »
    2-2. Soon.

Of course.

Stonewall denied then a fantastic dive then an awful miss from Arsenal. Some stuff.

EDIT: Maybe not stonewall. Could have few complaints had it been given though.

Lol at the amount of dives in Arsenals box.

Ohhh Wilshere, should be 3-1.

Fcuk sake Wilshere, pathetic finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

amacachi wrote: »
    then a fantastic dive
    Was it Hiaj Diuof that made that second dive? Ridiculous stuff, should have been booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea squad has no big surprises, bar maybe the inclusion of Paulo, might be subbed and Ivanovic in at some stage.
    Hoping to see some Ramires at some point too.
    And sure throw on Yossi aswell later on in the game.

Arsenal drag themselves across the line (have to laugh at the BBC 5live commentator suggesting this result shows the league that Arsenal mean business)

That'll do. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Get in :D good result for arsenal

Very happy with the result. blackburn(a) over for another year!

Thank Christ for that, that was a nervy last 15 minutes.

Arsenal did enough to win.

Ahhh, now to watch Stelling and co. I love Saturdays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That will do just nicely. Good also to get Ewood Park out of the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Phew! :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

papagormo wrote: »
    Chelsea squad has no big surprises, bar maybe the inclusion of Paulo, might be subbed and Ivanovic in at some stage.
    Hoping to see some Ramires at some point too.
    And sure throw on Yossi aswell later on in the game.

Ivanovic is out injured

Well I thought we deserved a draw there but no luck, should have had a penalty for Chamakh's foul on Samba in the box. Anyways we played well which is important. We have 3 points from the first 3 games which when you consider they were home to Everton, away to Birmingham where we were the better team but lost, and home to Arsenal is good for a team whose target is 9th place.

Now we have a couple of winnable games to get us going.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mike65 wrote: »
    Arsenal drag themselves across the line (have to laugh at the BBC 5live commentator suggesting this result shows the league that Arsenal mean business)
    It's not an easy place to win, neither Chelsea nor Man United managed it last season.

Great result and a good if nervy second half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

great result, the last 10 mins or so, I was crapping it, but good game overall. And Aluminia you played a well for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody know when Chelsea actually play a decent team in the EPL ? At this stage they will be +50 goals before any rivals get a chance to take points off them ! !

• Advertisement
Advertisement