Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi whats the rules on like house sharing?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi I am due to move out this year due to college but I know f*ck all about sharing or even renting? I have a boyfriend so I contacted this room for rent and asked would it be ok if I was allowed to have him over once to twice a week.In my own room that is and he said no? so is this the norm? because if so then I mite aswel just still live at home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

hey,

look at daft.ie, plenty of choice there these days. you really don't have to take a room where you can't bring your bf.
    Look at a few sharing places, I'm sure you'll find likeminded folks/students like you.
    you might have to visit a few more, (could be over 10) to find the right thing.

Phone them beforehand and ask the relevant questions and so get a first impression of the people and you can go from there if it's worth visitng the place or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

No what I mean is I would like to see my friends also over .I mean Im not gonnna go wild and have parties or anything just I want a bit of freedom. But I will do that and email around thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

With "rent a room" types with a family, you are more likely to get strict rules. Sharing a house with other students might suit you better, as rules tend to be more relaxed.

Advertisement