Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pediatrics text

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi, Could someone recommend a pediatrics text?

I have Nelsons and it's pretty good but would prefer something written by an english author, I almost always find the style easier to read.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jmn89

"Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics" by Lissauer and Clayden - 3rd Edition.

Great book, pretty simple but will require supplementation in parts from other sources/texts. On the whole, the best book that's out there aimed at undergrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

jmn89 wrote: »

Great book, pretty simple but will require supplementation in parts from other sources/texts. On the whole, the best book that's out there aimed at undergrads.

+1

An excellent book! It's British, nicely laid out, enjoyable to read and has most of what you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

Guys, thanks very much! I picked it up yesterday, looks perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sunflower book - can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

Nice pic! I skimmed the first couple of chapters last night, seems to be very readable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

jmn89 wrote: »

+1, I love this book, but bear in mind the bold text: it is missing some key information. Rates of growth at the various stages is one thing jumping out at me that you'll need to get elsewhere.

Advertisement