Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capacitor for submersible pump

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new capacitor for a submersible pump? I only need one, but a lot of places only sell by the box. Thanking you in anticipation of your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Would be handy to know where you are. have you tried the pump maker?

I have picked up a few in the past without bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you live in Dublin you could try Flow Pumps, Dublin 12. Ph. 01-4503673
    I always found them very helpful and resonable with their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

what size capacitor or what size motor in the well?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

According to the control panel the person who fitted the whole system ticked the box "0.37kw", so presume that's the size of pump. Don't know what size capacitor to get but am using a temp one which I borrowed which has 20uf.

regards

Thanks for that.
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

OK .37 kw = half horse power motor you need to buy a 16 micro farad capacitor ideally but the 20 will work fine , kellihers electrical sell them individually and are all over Ireland

Thanks for that Grousedogtom, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

electromotors in dublin indutrial estate in glasnevin do capacitors amongst other things. wholslers like kellihers mostly only keep caps to suit flouresent lighting, ie 220-240 volt. most of the capitors for pumps that ive gotten in for people are rated at 440 volt which is why places like kellihers and other wholesalers come to us or go directly to eletromotors for the caps for pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

electromotors in dublin indutrial estate in glasnevin do capacitors amongst other things. wholslers like kellihers mostly only keep caps to suit flouresent lighting, ie 220-240 volt. most of the capitors for pumps that ive gotten in for people are rated at 440 volt which is why places like kellihers and other wholesalers come to us or go directly to eletromotors for the caps for pumps.
    you could try Maplins a little overpriced but handy at 5pm on a Sat or Sun when nowhere else is open i have gotten capacitors to suit an electric gate motor and still works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yeah Maplins sell motor start and motor run capacitors, got me out of a right hole at 4pm on a Friday not so long ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement