Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin vs Dingle?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me out with this! I'm trying to plan a trip away in the WEST of Ireland! But I can't decide between Doolin and Dingle! I plan to camp too, so a camping site that's close to the action would be nice! I 'd love if there was a place with a beach and good transport, because I don't have a car! And also like to know if the surfs good in Dingle!

If anyone had decided that Dingle is better than Doolin or Doolin is better than dingle, please let me know about any must dos in the area!

:pMUCHLY, muchly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Doolin is a tiny village, there is nothing really there Dingle is a town with some nightlife and nice beaches all over west Kerry. Doolin by comparison is not only Ireland's most dangerous beach but I would say the most lethal stretch of water in Western Europe. Do not go swimming there whatever you do if you value your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 soapybonbon

Thanks! That helps me make my decision considerably! Pity tho, I heard Doolin was a popular surfers spot! :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Thanks! That helps me make my decision considerably! Pity tho, I heard Doolin was a popular surfers spot! :cool:

Eight people got drowned there at once a good while ago

http://www.rte.ie/tv/disasters/prog8.html

Simply standing on the beach and rocks there put shivers down me it is simply so dangerous. I myself think it is a disgrace that people are left into the water there at all as it is Russian Roulette with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Lehinch would be the surfing spot near Doolin. Serious waves off the Cliffs of Moher but only for the very experienced.
    There are 3 pubs and 2 hotel bars in Doolin. You will have as much craic in them as in any bar in Dingle. And later closing time too!
    There are a couple of campsites in the village too.

Advertisement