Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a new home for 2 litlte dogs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

cocker5 wrote: »
    Just reading the OP posters thoughts sums him up in my books...

Very intelligent response... send your son of the be killed in Sweden???? WTF??? For all the Swedes out there , please forgive us not all irish people are this rude or thick... or ignorant... do you even know where Sweden is?? From your posts i reckon not! :P

The fact that you allowed the yorkie to have pups etc... shows your lack of responsibility... or forward thinking :cool:

Your reference to SUPERMOMS again shows your immaturaity.. the fact that people can have kids and dogs together make them SUPERMOMS... get a life its called a FAMILY.... families adapt to any new situation... Normal, loving people just dont get rid of thier dogs when the situation becomes hard! THEY SUCK IT UP ... and get on with life! :confused:

at the end of the day you have made up your mind, do what suits you, regardless of how lost and unloved your dogs WILL feel after living 7 years of their lives with you ....and now nothing?????.

next time when little johnny ask for a dog from santa.. DONT GET ONE... as it too will end up being dumped when things get tough....

you should explain to him that you already had two lovings dogs that you decided to get rid of... :mad:

Sweden is the country down near Iraq where all the crazy wars are going on ...... oh wait there I go again with the sarcasm :rolleyes: If you don't know what I meant by the comment about Sweden I think it shows the lack of intelligence and ignorance on your part and the comment was made sarcastically in response to some idiot who suggested that I get rid of my son instead of the dogs and I'm the thick rude unintelligent one ?

The reaction to this thread is unreal. I see a simple issue here , I have 3 dogs that I would like to re-home , as I see it it's pretty straight forward but on here I've been called rude,thick, ignorant , heartless and a few other things. Where are the mods ? I thought abusing site members was against the rules ?

Do know the funny thing is I bet all you slef righteous posters spewing out the ' How can ye be so cruel to your animals ' crap probably eat a different sort of animal for dinner every day ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deeanimallover

Carra23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips some really good advice there especially from the person who said why not get rid of our son instead of the dogs, that's a great idea. I think I will google adoption agencies now or better still I might just fly him to Sweeden and have him killed ! ! !

WTF???? Can you please explain what you mean by this? And by the way it's SWEDEN just one E before the D
    THe dogs are 7 and 8 our son is 2 do the maths there !

Um yeah..... one dog was 5 and the other was 6 when you had your son so you did have the dogs BEFORE you had kids :confused:
    This decision has not been taken lightly and to all the SUPERMOMS who posted about how great they are after raising two kids with out having to get rid of their dogs , fairplay to you pat on the back there but I suppose we are being lazy taking the easy way out ;)

You dont need to be SUPERHUMAN to have kids and dogs/pets and yes I do think you can't be ar$ed anymore to devote a portion of your day to your dogs.
    I'll leave you with a famous saying' You;ve got to be cruel to be kind

Again....WTF?????

Do know the funny thing is I bet all you slef righteous posters spewing out the ' How can ye be so cruel to your animals ' crap probably eat a different sort of animal for dinner every day ! ! !

No im vegetarian

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Right here goes.

Im getting sick to my teeth of people giving out and bullying other users who come here to ask questions.

The bullying attitude finishes now.

Who knows what the OPs circumstances are?Maybe their situation has changed.

Ive had 2 reports in the last 10 minutes about one certain user in this thread who continually puts other users down when all they come here for is to ask for advice.

Natsukos post sums it up ie that all the OP has gotten is bullying over being supposedly cruel.

This stops now.Anymore bullying of posters in this forum and I will start issuing month long bans and give some users time to cool off.

Why do people feel the need to attack this OP when they do not know what the real situation is ? ? There are dogs being dumped out on the street by people who dont care about them.

Maybe the OP loves the dogs so much they feel they cant provide or spend time with them, they are willing to give away to a family who would ? ?
    We dont know this.

So getting back on track , OP a good place to bring your dogs would be dogs trust. They will actually look to re-home them together. They would be worth a call .

Thanks for the advidce and really appreciate you being just a teeny weeny little bit (see the sarcasm there again people :rolleyes:) more understanding than most on this form. Cheers.

• Advertisement

WTF???? Can you please explain what you mean by this? And by the way it's SWEDEN just one E before the D

Thanks for the English lesson.

Um yeah..... one dog was 5 and the other was 6 when you had your son so you did have the dogs BEFORE you had kids :confused:
    That remark was in response to someone who suggested that we just got the dogs untill our 'real baby' came along. This was not the case as we had the dogs from between 7 and 6 years before we had a child.

You dont need to be SUPERHUMAN to have kids and dogs/pets and yes I do think you can't be ar$ed anymore to devote a portion of your day to your dogs.
    Again there I went going wild with the sarcasm and you went wild with the seriousness ! get a grip

Again....WTF?????

Cruel to be kind as in the dogs are close to being neglected , they get a walk and a wash once a week and spend the rest of their time sitting out the back or in the kitchen.

Now it has become clear that I am a little thick , rude and lack a little intelligence but my little pea brain tells me that this way of life is not fair on the dogs.

Although it may be upsetting for those dogs to be rehomed , if it were to a home with people who will give them far more attention than we are able to right now I feel it would be good for the dogs hence the saying ' cruel to be kind '

I can't beleive I just had to explain that for a group of people who referred to me as thick,rude and lacking intelligence !

I'll tell ye what's thick, rude and lacking intelligence is when you judge, berate and abuse a complete stranger that you know absolutley nothing about apart from the fact that he has three dogs that he needs to re-home. Will you lot ever get a grip ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

I thought it was only 2 dogs that needed homing....???

If you can email me with photos and a detailed description of each of them I can try to help you. I also need to know what area you are in and what kind of time frame you are looking to home them in. I know you would like 2 of them to stay together but in the interest of finding them a home it would be best to say that they can be rehomed apart.

If you need my help email me suziwalsh@gmail.com before tomorrow and Ill see what I can do.

I need to know apart from their personalities if they are....

male/female
    ages
    neutered?
    vaccinated?
    micro-chipped?
    house trained?
    obedience level?
    good with dogs/kids/cats?
    where they sleep at night?
    what they are fed?
    good on the lead?

etc etc the more information and good photos you can give me the better the home they have the option of and the quicker they are rehomed.

For black dogs make sure you take photos on the grass or in a light area.

Make sure you include your contact details also.

Cruel to be kind as in the dogs are close to being neglected , they get a walk and a wash once a week and spend the rest of their time sitting out the back or in the kitchen.

Now it has become clear that I am a little thick , rude and lack a little intelligence but my little pea brain tells me that this way of life is not fair on the dogs.

Although it may be upsetting for those dogs to be rehomed , if it were to a home with people who will give them far more attention than we are able to right now I feel it would be good for the dogs hence the saying ' cruel to be kind '

I can't beleive I just had to explain that for a group of people who referred to me as thick,rude and lacking intelligence !

I'll tell ye what's thick, rude and lacking intelligence is when you judge, berate and abuse a complete stranger that you know absolutley nothing about apart from the fact that he has three dogs that he needs to re-home. Will you lot ever get a grip ! ! !

Ok maybe you should drop the SARCASTIC attitude and people might have a bit more empathy for you :rolleyes:

Why are the dogs out the back or in the kitchen the whole time? Can you not bring them in when ye are home or do you not believe that dogs can be around kids?

Ok maybe you should drop the SARCASTIC attitude and people might have a bit more empathy for you :rolleyes:

Why are the dogs out the back or in the kitchen the whole time? Can you not bring them in when ye are home or do you not believe that dogs can be around kids?

The problem is not about us being afraid to have our kids around the dogs , the dogs are around our son all the time. When I say they are in the kitchen I don't mean locked up in there but we are in the sitting room most of the time and we dont allow the dogs in there.

I am a little surprised at the reaction here because people out there do far worse to their pets than rehome them. I know as mentioned previosly by some posters that there is an awful lot we could do to avoid rehoming them. I could get up in the morning at 5 instead of 6 to walk them before I go to work but I am not prepared to do that so maybe I don't love these dogs as much as I thought I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

The problem is not about us being afraid to have our kids around the dogs , the dogs are around our son all the time. When I say they are in the kitchen I don't mean locked up in there but we are in the sitting room most of the time and we dont allow the dogs in there.

I am a little surprised at the reaction here because people out there do far worse to their pets than rehome them. I know as mentioned previosly by some posters that there is an awful lot we could do to avoid rehoming them. I could get up in the morning at 5 instead of 6 to walk them before I go to work but I am not prepared to do that so maybe I don't love these dogs as much as I thought I did.

I can understand the frustration at some harsh posts but you have been given some advice in the middle of it all too. I gave you some advice on getting a little bit of outside help walking them or to bring them to doggie day care to get some interaction with other dogs.

Maybe give it a try for a month or two and see how it goes while you are looking for a home because from the sounds of things it'll take that long to find a decent home.

I stand by my comments and dont believe that they are bullying,it sounds like you have chosen that you do not want them in your life,but if thats not the case and its just frustration then look at the advice. ;)

• Advertisement

Look I do get how hard it must be - I have 2 dogs and 3 cats (and 3 kittens the last 2 weeks) and im ready to pull all my hair out at times so I can only imagine throwing 2 small kids into the mix :o

BUT i really think you should let them into the sitting room with ye, can I ask what the reason for not letting them in? It seems a bit trival that they should be in the kitchen on their own while "their" family is all sitting in the sitting room!

Reason people are so annoyed is because animals dont have a voice and cant say to you "please dont give me away"! I think because you have them so long aswell it will be very upsetting for them to be uprooted.

I wouldnt worry so much about the exercise part - I would choose company over exercise (within reason). Im guessing your partner is home with the kids so at least they could have company during the day, would you not even be able to bring them out for a 5/10 min walk when you get in from work? Not a fear of me getting up at 5am to walk my dogs either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

I agree with Deeanimallover...it has to be hard and as someone else said, we don't fully know your exact circumstances.

To be honest the chances of rehoming them are so slim. Every rescue in the country is bursting at the seams. Every fosterer is over stretched and probably will end up holding onto most dogs as long term fosters.

I think that's the reason that a lot of posters here are getting annoyed. You will probably find that a lot of people here (including myself) are involved with a rescue group or have helped in the past. We know first hand how hard it is to rehome even the cutest of puppies, the most ideal of family dogs, the purest of breeds, the one year olds and young dogs, and then last on the list the oldies, but in your case multiplied by 2.

By all means email Suziwalsh your details and she will probably do her best to help you rehome, but in the meantime, please do take on board some of the advice here.

A few small changes in your life could mean a big change for the dogs....there must be a few kids around who could walk them for an extra 15 mins. What about the weekends...dogs, kids, family, buggies and tricycles off to the park for a really decent run for them, then on Mondays they could have a shorter walk.

Also, it really is just the company they want, and if as you say they get a wash once a week, then they would probably be really fine in the sitting room. If they are clean and their beds are clean, then they will not create any extra work in the sitting room and would probably just sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭doggiewalker00

Can i ask what happens when the child goes to bed at 7-8pm for the night?
    OLd dogs Sleep all day,thats what they do!
    its not necessary to wash them once a week,once a month is fine

a 5 -10 minute walk around the block isnt alot,bring the child with you if you like.

Could could be 100 other things on here. This person has asked for help and has had nothing but abuse from people. We do not have any right to assume the OP personal situation .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh in earlier posts. It seemed to me that these dogs were being rehomed, which most likely means they will be sitting in kennels at some rescue centre for an indefinate period of time most likely longer than shorter. I thought it might be best for them to stay in their current home where they are being fed, are part of a family, have a nice bed to sleep in and for the being older dogs and relatively low maintenance are happy enough left to their own devices with each other for company for the most part.

I do appologise I wasn't aware of the serious situation that they aren't allowed in the sitting room, of course you are perfectly right. You must condem them to a life of sitting locked up in a cage immediately rather than expose them any longer to this horrible neglect you speak of.

Appologies mods if sarcasm is also inappropriate and it's only acceptable for certain posters to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

Could could be 100 other things on here. This person has asked for help and has had nothing but abuse from people. We do not have any right to assume the OP personal situation .

I agree, i think some people come on these forums looking for an argument. Maybe giving out to strangers over the internet makes them feel good about themselves!

OP- I do think its a shame that you want to give up your dogs, but it seems you have your mind made up. I hope you find a good home for them, however long it takes, they deserve that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Exactly^^^^
    Having to rehome a dog is a huge issue--I had to rehome my Westie last year after he snapped at one of my youngest.It broke my heart having to do it but Ive been to vist him and hes getting on brilliant.Hes in a home with an elderly lady who worships the ground he walks on.Maybe the OP could find someone similar to take her dogs in and let them live out the rest of their lives in a decent way.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Here we go again with another thread where people have to come in and criticise others for their decisions instead of being helpful. What is wrong with you people. Do you go out of your way to criticise others. Whats wrong with the Irish people these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Steve30x wrote: »
    Here we go again with another thread where people have to come in and criticise others for their decisions instead of being helpful. What is wrong with you people. Do you go out of your way to criticise others. Whats wrong with the Irish people these days.

Not all of us were harsh on the OP!! :(

I understand alot of posters issues about the whole thing but I think they simply went about expressing their feelings on the matter....in the wrong tone.

Who knows maybe someone in your(Carra-OP person!) area may even take them in or someone you know....extended family or friends?
    Least then you would get updates on how the dogs are getting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Right - getting VERY ANNOYED NOW!!!!

OP please put up a post in the rehoming thread which is one of the sticky threads! Include a picture & I am sure some one will take the dogs.

Getting annoyed at preachy posts that are cropping up in API again! I may have to start reading way too closly to all posts now & infract foks or even ban folks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement