Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser not connetcing to web

Options
  • 28-08-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Mods: If this is the in the wrong place, please move, and sorry!

I'm not sure what's wrong with my laptop, I was hoping someone can help. Neither my Forefox nor Explorer are connecting to the internet. I've tried the browsers in safe mode too and nothing. My network connection seems to be fine and other people in the house can get online on their laptops (I'm posting off one of them now), it's just mine that has the problem. It only started yesterday and I can't figure out why.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

I can post more info about my laptop and service provider if necessary.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Try following this tutorial, http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm you probably have some kind of malware problem download malware bytes anti malware and run a scan when your back up and running..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

cosmic wrote: »
    It only started yesterday

Any clues on what might have been going on yesterday?

The first thing to check is whether or not you have a functional network connection. How are you connecting to your router (cable or wireless)?

What operating system is on the laptop? If Windows XP, then click on <Start>, <run> and type 'cmd' (without the quotation marks) and click on <Ok>

This will bring up a black screen with a command prompt. Type 'ipconfig /all' (without the quotation marks) and press <Enter>. Post the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Thanks a million guys, I'm now posting from my own laptop! Drunkmonkey's advice worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick responses. :D

Advertisement