Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v West Ham United Match Thread.

• 28-08-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

manchester-united-crest.jpg v west_ham_united_fc.png

Kick Off: 5:30pm.
    Venue: Old Trafford.
    TV: ESPN.

My line-up:

VDS
    JO'S----Vidic----Smalling----Evra
    Valencia--Fletcher--Scholes--Nani
    Rooney
    Berba

I'd like to see Chicho and Carrick at some stage, too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Rooney to get off the mark today!

Well done baz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I can see 3-1 united, will be hard to break down at first but when the first goal goes in they will keep coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No Evans?

3-0, Rooney, Valencia, Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

6-0, Bebe with them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'd actually go for the same team as you baz. Evans stuggles against big forwards, he had a torrid time against Zamora last week. Smalling might do a better job against Carlton Cole this week, although I fully expect Evans to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

6-0, Bebe with them all.

New T-shirt for Bebe on sale at Old Trafford megastore . . .

any-spare-change-253-p.jpg

Archimedes wrote: »
    I'd actually go for the same team as you baz. Evans stuggles against big forwards, he had a torrid time against Zamora last week. Smalling might do a better job against Carlton Cole this week, although I fully expect Evans to start.

Agreed . .

One of the biggest concerns I have with Evans/Vidic is when they come up against fast forwards. Both are relatively slow defenders and the likes of Torres would enjoy the one on ones ! !

That said, this is West Ham, if United dont win this comfortably I would be dissapointed. . Would fergie start Hernandez and bring Rooney on ? (prob Not). .

Interested to see how Nani will respond to his cocked up peno last week. Made Valencia my captain as he looks like he is going to have a huge season . .

Prediction - 4-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

West Ham to win 2-3 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Archimedes wrote: »

If you fell the United backline may struggle againts big forwards, then Cole and Piquionne may give them a torrid time. However, I dont believe there service will be there which will give them the opportunity to take advantage of any weak links in the United backline.

Defensively, West Ham have been poor this year. Granted, the game against Bolton could have gone either way if Carlton Cole had tucked away the first half penalty, and Bolton's first goal had, rightfully, been chalked off for Kevin Davies' scumbaggery.

Today, I feel United will control the game and will take the win.

My Preferred team

Green

Ben Haim----Upson
    Da Costa----Gabbidon/Illunga

Dyer
    Parker
    Noble
    Barrera

Cole
    Piquionne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

West Ham to get absolutely stuffed me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'd expect an easy enough win for United today. Wesy Ham have looked poor in their first couple of games.

I'd also stick with Evans. He got a roasting from Zamorra last week but he's a better defender than Smalling at the present time. I still think Evans can be a regular long term.

Smalling has potential but for me still gets to tight to often, and can be turned easily, especially in the latter part of the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I can see this being a very painful game for us :(
    Expect Rooney to get out of the rut he's currently in by scoring 2 or more. We always seem to give struggling strikers or managers a new lease of life. I'm expecting 4-0.

I can see this being a very painful game for us :(
    Expect Rooney to get out of the rut he's currently in by scoring 2 or more. We always seem to give struggling strikers or managers a new lease of life. I'm expecting 4-0.

I still maintain that West Ham are the only club which every season look at the fixture list and earmark their two games against West Ham as realistic 6 pointers. That is regardless of who the club is (be it Chelsea or Blackpool),

Het-Field wrote: »
    I still maintain that West Ham are the only club which every season look at the fixture list and earmark their two games against West Ham as realistic 6 pointers. That is regardless of who the club is (be it Chelsea or Blackpool),
    Indeed. By the way, I can't see Da Costa starting. Avram seems to have a serious aversion to him.

Indeed. By the way, I can't see Da Costa starting. Avram seems to have a serious aversion to him.

I'd much rather see Da Costa and Ben Haim make up the center of defence rather than have to watch Upson play for us again.

Het-Field wrote: »
    I still maintain that West Ham are the only club which every season look at the fixture list and earmark their two games against West Ham as realistic 6 pointers.

Do they get to play themselves ????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

VDS, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs; Rooney, Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

VDS, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs; Rooney, Berbatov

No Valencia is a Fantasy Footballing disaster.

But I like that starting line up team.

No Valencia is surprising, although he maybe had his worst game in a United shirt last week.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    No Valencia is a Fantasy .

I have him as my captain. :mad:

• Advertisement

West Ham Team: Green, Spector, Gabbidon, Upson, Ilunga, Parker, Boa Morte, Noble, Faubert, Dyer, Cole
    Subs: Stech, Da Costa, Kovac, Stanislas, Barrera, McCarthy, Piquionne

Want to be the first to congratulate Man Utd on their convincing win today. That is such a poor team on paper. At least Spector is playing in his favoured position though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bukman13 wrote: »
    No Valencia is a Fantasy Footballing disaster.

But I like that starting line up team.
    have him in my team aswell , he hasnt had a great start the season though in all honesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Want to be the first to congratulate Man Utd on their convincing win today. That is such a poor team on paper. At least Spector is playing in his favoured position though.

LOL

Getting behind your team ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

adox wrote: »

nightmare, so do i!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Reckon West Ham will frustrate United for large periods of the game. But in the end probably will wend up 1 or 2-0 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think we'll bounce back here. Rooney to get off the mark is my prediction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Wanted to see Barrera play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

No Park in the squad.

West Ham Team: Green, Spector, Gabbidon, Upson, Ilunga, Parker, Boa Morte, Noble, Faubert, Dyer, Cole
    Subs: Stech, Da Costa, Kovac, Stanislas, Barrera, McCarthy, Piquionne

No Reid or Ben Haim ? What does that say ?

Spector is an appalling player who I would loe to see out of the club. He is a weak defender, with a record of mistakes.

Faubert is a very poor right winger. He is anything but consistent in that position.

The side actually suggests that our summer business in the transfer market was for optics. Only two are there, and both are on the bench.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

I had Bebe as my captain...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Man Utd are 1/7 to win this in the bookies, horrible odds.

Man Utd are 1/7 to win this in the bookies, horrible odds.

As tight as a nuns [EMAIL="cr@ck"]cr@ck[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Apparently Wayne Rooney hasn't scored in a while. No mention of it in commentary/the panelists on ESPN though yet...

What in the fcuk is Spector doing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

anyone got Utds subs handy ?

• Advertisement

Evra's final ball really is a weak spot in his game.

Another over hyed scholes pass . . :rolleyes:

Gonna be tough to break down this defencive formation ! !

jaykay74 wrote: »
    anyone got Utds subs handy ?

Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Smalling, Hernandez, Carrick, Rafael Da Silva, Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

anyone got a non sopcast stream?

Someone in work said this to me earlier and when watching the game it really stands out. The United team just don't seem to have much chemistry. They don't know each other's games too well and for a team that has been playing together for over a year now there really is no excuse for it

commentator says a confident Rooney would have scored there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nani trying to deviate from the Prince image and instead go for the Fresh Prince image i see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's all been a bit gick so far.
    West Ham look like giving away a lot of free's possibly ending with 10 men, but United haven't been great so far.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Very poor opening 20mins.

Rooney looks like World Cup Rooney, Giggs and Nani havent had a sniff, O'Shea is again looking very rusty, particularily in possesion and up against the pace of Dyer.

Need a goal or some nice play to get the crowd going and gain some momentum... Nani smacks the bar as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Nice shot there from Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Berbasex touch right there

Giggs and Nani are playing too narrow imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

So how are Manchester Utd looking? Sharp? How is Berbatvo? Have any of you even noticed his presence yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    anyone got a non sopcast stream?

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c79339b5d29d

Is HQ, but in spanish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nani looking good here it has to be said.

Waynaldo quiet.

Rooney very frustrating to watch at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement