Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Anyone else in Charlesland had literally 4 or 5 Airtricity reps calling into their house over the past couple of months? Getting a bit irritated having to explain my reasons for not wanting to switch again and again....also found the rep this morning to be bordering on rude and aggressive and he just would not take no for an answer (apparantly pretty much all my neighbours have now signed up apart from me according to him ....)

Arent there guidelines about how often these guys are allowed to canvas the same area?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Was thinking the exact same thing. Once you've signed up they'll probably come back and ask you to buy a vacuum cleaner or something to make sure you use the product as well though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Had a lovely polite polish girl sign us up. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Lovely polite polish girls can sign me up any time! :rolleyes: "A great service"

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

hmmm maybe ive just been unlucky with the reps thatve called here then....its a pity too because i do like the idea/concept but have now just been totally put off by the pushy sales people.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I think I had the pushy/rude one. When I asked him to leave me with a brochure, he scoffed and said "I am not a postman." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

yeah, had the same git at my door yesterday while I was trying to get some work done around the house. I told him I'd check out the online info first and wouldn't be signing up to any company who called to my door. He then said he will save me 10% extra off my gas bill! I reiterated my point about not signing up to any company which called to my door.

I always liked Airtricity for the idea of wind generated electricity but in principal this method of pestering you just turns me off.

You can remove your telephone number from direct marketing calls; any chance you can have something similar for these donkeys at your door?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I think I had the pushy/rude one. When I asked him to leave me with a brochure, he scoffed and said "I am not a postman." :pac:

Sounds like he's not much of a salesman either.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Get his name and/or card and ring and complain
    They always call at dinner dont they.

I always tell them I am a customer and thier records must be incorrect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

LOL now Eircom Phonewatch are at it! Just had a guy calling there saying I could save €1,200 by being one of the first 4 people in C'Land to sign up but every time I asked for specific details of how I was saving that much he was like "well if you let me come in I'll take you through it". When I asked for documentation with a summary of the details of this specific offer he told me "I am the brochure" (?!).

In the end when I pressed for the specifics of how exactly I would save €1,200 he pretty much got a bit exasperated, said he didnt want to "spend the rest of his life standing on my doorstep" (then apologised if that sounded rude which I told him it did!!) and said hed be happy to go through all the details but only if I was genuinely really interested and let him come in.

Be warned - he's heading your way this evening. Try it and see - ask him specifically HOW you save this magical €1,200 without inviting him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

eleMental wrote: »
    ...ask him specifically HOW you save this magical €1,200 without inviting him in!

To quote Father Ted sketch: "you run the gas off the electricity, and the electricity off the gas - you save £200!"

How could you even be spending 100 quid a month on eircom and then make a saving afterwards?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement