Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netter's Flash cards?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Someone mentioned these to me when they heard I was going back to college. Just wondering if the Anatomy cards are enough (or necessary?) for first year grad med and also if anyone has used them on the iPhone?

Thinking the physical cards might be more use!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

I personally think they are a bit of a waste of money, you can get a decent textbook for the price of a set of cards. Might be nice on the iphone, something to mess about with on the bus.

(Well, half a textbook!)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

I just bought "Gray's Anatomy for Students" for Anatomy.
    It was a very good text book. A lot of people bought "Netter's Atlas" in addition but I thought Gray's sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Thanks for the advice!

iPhone vs physical is tough but I like the idea of the cards for revision (and book depository has them cheap enough with free delivery on everything)

Take me back to software engineering where you were just told 'get this book, just this one' and there was no ambiguity :P

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

I have it on the iPhone but I'm only starting GEP so I can't testify to its usefulness. It's certainly user friendly and has a few features the flash cards wouldn't (direct link to wikipedia, cross reference to other cards etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WhosUpDocs

I can definitely see the benefit of them on the iPhone. For the bus, easy linkage to external websites. Although the physical cards would probably be better for the Dissection Room since you probably don't want to get your iPhone covered in slimy body bits (for want of a better phrase :P)

• Advertisement
Advertisement