Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would love to get rid of my Tat

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all

First post today!
    Was wondering if anyone has any insight on the best methods for getting rid of a tat. Have had mine for almost 20 years now, it's quite small, a circular design bout 3" in diameter. I heard you can get a patch system that has a skin pigment dye in it that's released slowly over time, with constant replacing your tat will fade after about 300 years!. I guess I'm asking is laser treatment the only way to go, anyone know how successful it is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Laser is the tried and tested method of removal. There are creams that people will sell you to con you out of money so avoid those. Have you considered getting a cover-up instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SqueakyBeast

Ask a few different artists if they believe it can be covered up, and if you don't want to go down that route you should pay a trip to Anna at Nine Lives in Bray. She's not only a tattoo artist but she can do laser removals too. http://ninelivestattoos.50webs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dastorybud

Mr.S wrote: »
    Imo, at the moment laser removal just isn't good enough. Even the smallest black jobs take 6+ treatments to fade and you'll probably be left with something remaining.

I'd say consider a cover up job, if its small then its certainly possible:)

Thanks for that, I would agree with what you've said, as it's only a small crap tat from my youth (well it's not crap I'm just bored with it and it bears no relevance to my life today) covering it with something more substantial is probably the best way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Mr.S wrote: »
    Imo, at the moment laser removal just isn't good enough. Even the smallest black jobs take 6+ treatments to fade and you'll probably be left with something remaining.

I'd say consider a cover up job, if its small then its certainly possible:)
    I've had 1 treatment on my current tattoo and the black is almost gone. if it's that old and it's small then 2 sessions should get rig of it.

Advertisement