Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 1340

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm led to believe that Garmin Nuvi 1340 is one of the more popular SatNavs. Does it follow that no matter from whom you buy - for instance play.com, it comes pre-loaded for Ireland and Europe? Play.com have a free delivery service, so their price is the most competitive one I've seen. Do I need to be wary of unforseen surprises?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should stated in the descriptions what maps are loaded.
    Do you have a link to where you are looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭polobradaigh

I'm mainly interested in maps for Spain. I presume England and Ireland would be automatically included. The supplier is UksBest on Play.com, but no details of what's loaded are apparent. In many instances on other sites it's stated whether it's Britain & Ireland or Western Europe as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm led to believe that Garmin Nuvi 1340 is one of the more popular SatNavs. Does it follow that no matter from whom you buy - for instance play.com, it comes pre-loaded for Ireland and Europe? Play.com have a free delivery service, so their price is the most competitive one I've seen. Do I need to be wary of unforseen surprises?
    AFAIK Play no longer deliver electronics here. It'll let you go almost all the way before it tells you this, though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It would appear it's all of Europe: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=63461#featureTab

Edit: Western Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭polobradaigh

Thanks for replies. It duly arrived and functions as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Have a look at Memory C their pricing is usually very good.

http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/systems.html?Brands=Garmin&Recommended_Use=Automotive

Advertisement