Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Food Franchise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

This looks like a really interesting thread..hopefully we may see an update as to what/how the OP got on.

The whole area of QSR, fast casual, and full service food outlets is of real interest to me.

There's a great website www.burgerbusiness.com It looks across the spectrum of the burger industry reports on trends, news and innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Have a look at Camile Thai. They are starting to franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Camile Thai charging 200 - 250K for the Franchise, can you imagine what you could do with that money as regards setting up your own place!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

RATM wrote: »

There's a midpoint to be exploited there for anyone willing to take it on. If you can get a product to the market than is cheaper than Eddie Rockets yet not too far away from it on quality then I think you could have a goer.

Looks like Eddie Rockets took that suggestions with their Rockets Franchise 5 years later!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

bigneacy wrote: »
    Why not just open McRadharcs or SuperRads or Burger Arcs or something instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Not in the business, but I believe Mexican will be a big trend here in the coming years. Something in the fast food range like Taco Bell. but it would want to be good to attract people & simple (& a little bland) to keep people coming back.

Maybe look at coming up with a range of twists on traditional Irish food that can be done in a fast food model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mriirm2

I need a parter to open a Mc Rachets, like" eddie rochets" i have cash, but i need more.soo'''"?? Any idee

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mriirm2

I need a parter to open a Mc Rachets, like" eddie rochets" i have cash, but i need more.soo'''"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

mriirm2 wrote: »
    I need a parter to open a Mc Rachets, like" eddie rochets" i have cash, but i need more.soo'''"?? Any idee

Where do we sign up?
    Camile Thai charging 200 - 250K for the Franchise, can you imagine what you could do with that money as regards setting up your own place!!

That is a hefty franchise fee. I do know from doing some work in one of their stores on the southside they are doing tremendous business and seem to have established the name somewhat. I'm not sure if it's a 250 k name though. Seems to employ a lot of staff.

The guy behind O'Briens Sandwich Bar is behind it I believe. Brody something.. His record isn't exactly stellar in food franchising.

You could easily replicate a couple of their stores with that kinda money. My experience with franchises is very few of them outside of McDonalds, KFC, perhaps some of the pizza businesses are about anything other than the franchisee making a killing off your money. Few are viable long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

OU812 wrote: »
    Not in the business, but I believe Mexican will be a big trend here in the coming years.

Dublin is saturated with Burrito bars and all them do reasonably well. 'Cortina's' in Dublin is Mexican and I've heard mixed reviews. I don't think Irish people have the taste for Mexican, its popular in America given the shared border and overall cultural mix. I don't think fast food Mexican would work here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 roscommmon1980

One could bring an Irish franchise abroad.

O'Briens are in the U.A.E
    Supermacs are trying to go abroad but have their legal issues with McDonalds.
    Butlers chocolates cafe are in New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

One could bring an Irish franchise abroad.

O'Briens are in the U.A.E
    Supermacs are trying to go abroad but have their legal issues with McDonalds.
    Butlers chocolates cafe are in New Zealand.

http://www.chopped.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Chopped are just a pure rip off of Chop'd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Bandara wrote: »
    Chopped are just a pure rip off of Chop'd

I was literally about to say the name and website looked familiar, and then I remember looking at the idea years and years ago, and using the UK company as a template for how it 'could be' done.

ironclaw wrote: »
    I was literally about to say the name and website looked familiar, and then I remember looking at the idea years and years ago, and using the UK company as a template for how it 'could be' done.

yeah they are in the states as well.

The chopped franchise model is very poor. Supply costs are incredibly high and the figures they supply you with are relating to their two stores in Fairview and Baggot st and are imho pie in the sky with huge holes in them.

The food margin is the exact same figure in both sites in the 'AUDITED ACCOUNTS' they provide. EXACT same to the tenth of a percent. And when questioned on them the reply was 'oh yes, no, well thats just a guideline really'.

It was the most shady exchange I've ever had with a franchise company

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roscommmon1980

Chopped seem to be getting a lot of press recently especially in the business pages.

Chopped seem to be getting a lot of press recently especially in the business pages.

They signed a deal with Aramark who are obviously going to be media savvy

Advertisement